This blows my mind...

skyline

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...281-661,00.html

I wouldn't have believed that you can see it spin in both directions if it weren't for the fact that my wife and I watched this together. I saw it the right-brained way, and she saw it completely left-brained. We both thought the other one was just pulling our leg, because it seemed so obvious to each of us...

I'm at the point now where I can almost make it switch back and forth at will. I guess that explains why I'm able to teach music AND math :lol:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...281-661,00.html

I wouldn't have believed that you can see it spin in both directions if it weren't for the fact that my wife and I watched this together. I saw it the right-brained way, and she saw it completely left-brained. We both thought the other one was just pulling our leg, because it seemed so obvious to each of us...

I'm at the point now, where I can almost make it switch back and forth at will. I guess that explains why I'm able to teach music AND math :lol:

I saw the naked young woman going clockwise, and tried like hell to get her to reverse to get a better look at her rack, but to no avail! :P

So I assume I'm "right brained":

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling

"big picture" oriented

imagination rules

symbols and images

present and future

philosophy & religion

can "get it" (i.e. meaning)

believes

appreciates

spatial perception

knows object function

fantasy based

presents possibilities

impetuous

risk taking

Hold on a minute! I just revisited the site, and now I see her spinning LEFT! :huh: WTF!?!

Crazy, eh?

It's funny...my wife is so left-brained that she ALWAYS sees it spinning left. She just can't make it change.

I always see it spinning right at first (so I guess I favor my creative side), but it will change if I look at it long enough.

Hold on a minute! I just revisited the site, and now I see her spinning LEFT! :huh: WTF!?!

I've tried and tried, but I'm so right brained I can't get it to spin the other way. Is that bad?

I dunno. I clicked the link once more, and she's spinning right again! :wacko:

Maybe it's the switch from coffee to Bourbon.

I saw it going clockwise at first but after a minute I got it to spin the other way.

This test seems somewhat unreliable! :unsure:

I don't think so. Everyone uses both sides of their brain. People just tend to favor one side over the other.

Another interesting thing I have't had time to test yet:

I always see it clockwise at first (right-brained). Usually, if I try hard enough, I'm able to make it switch. Earlier today, though, I was listening to music and couldn't for the life of me get it to go counter-clockwise. I wonder if the music was stimulating the righ side of my brain...

Right brained and left brained thinking is a Myth. Proven through years of pychological studies and mapping of the brain.

Yes and no. From what I understand, it's been shown that thinking (obviously) uses both sides of the brain. If you only used one side of your brain, then you'd be pretty screwed. Still, I think the concept is valid. Some people see things from a creative/artistic perspective, and some people see things from a logical perspective. I'm not sure that whether or not it is truly right v. left is really relevant in this situation.

Right brained and left brained thinking is a Myth. Proven through years of pychological studies and mapping of the brain.

Yes and no. From what I understand, it's been shown that thinking (obviously) uses both sides of the brain. If you only used one side of your brain, then you'd be pretty screwed. Still, I think the concept is valid. Some people see things from a creative/artistic perspective, and some people see things from a logical perspective. I'm not sure that whether or not it is truly right v. left is really relevant in this situation.

I think it's valid in the context Skyline laid it out in. The image thing aside, I can see the way I look at things and analyze problems in both the left and right brain descriptions contained within the article.

Yep, I can get it to spin either way as well. I just close my eyes a little and focus on it spinning the other way and it does. Although I must say the attributes to either the right or left sided thinker are kind of vague. They could apply to almost anyone... Anyway, pretty cool waste of a handful of minutes !!!

WHODEY !!!