Madieu Williams

EdwardG

Actually, Williams is the first pick today I like. The guy is ridiculously under-rated; I wouldn't have been surprised to see him go sometime in the bottom of the first. He might even chase Beckett out of a job by the start of the season.

Ratliff was a bizarre reach. The guy's a project. If they wanted a project at CB they should have taken Gamble in the first.

Perry...well, all I can say is that I'm not surprised. I figured they'd go RB sooner than expected, tho I didn't expect it to be this soon. And I understand why they passed on Jackson; they aren't looking to make Rudi a lame duck, just to get a change-of-pace guy. But I still would have gone with Gamble here and aimed for someone like Greg Jones in the second.

Perry...well, all I can say is that I'm not surprised. I figured they'd go RB sooner than expected, tho I didn't expect it to be this soon. And I understand why they passed on Jackson; they aren't looking to make Rudi a lame duck, just to get a change-of-pace guy. But I still would have gone with Gamble here and aimed for someone like Greg Jones in the second.

Watching Perry multiple times, being in the best conference in college football, I think he's the best back in the draft. Of course I'm biased, so you guys can take it as much, but the guy is a warrior and very tough. My question is, do the Bengals find that little of confidence in Rudi and why?

My question is, do the Bengals find that little of confidence in Rudi and why?

Two words: Carson Palmer. Back during the season when CD was doing his "trade me to Dallas" act I said that ML wouldn't be in any hurry to ditch the guy because he needs a running game. You don't want to break in a new CB and RB at the same time, it's football suicide. Rudi gave them some cushion, Perry stuffs that mattress. Look for Perry to back up Rudi so they can keep him (Rudi) fresh for late in the game, when his bulldozer style is most effective.

And if Rudi proves to be a flash in the pan, Perry will get his shot.

Like I care about what Drew Boylhart says..?? - Maybe if you quoted me Matt Mayock, or Gil Brandt..

...and I should care what chrishcovga says...? Maybe if you were Matt Mayock, or Gil Brandt... :P

Funny, but I'm oddly OK with day 1. Maybe it's the Barcardi & Cokes, but I had a feeling that this was going to be an acrimonious draft. And heck, even Kiper was positive about our final pick and our whole draft so far. And we have close to 10% of the picks in the next round...

Bring on day 2! :player: