Sunday Night Discussion... With Carson Palmer

agreen_112

What did you guys think about the interview ESPN had with Carson? If you missed it, make sure to tune into SportsCenter today and Check it out...

My favorite part, haters, Carson when asked about C. Henry: "He's an exciting player, one of our best. He's my favorite guy!"

Did you listen to the second half of that sentence where he called Henry out for doing stupid crap that keeps him off the field, or did you turn your TV off at that point?

What did you guys think about the interview ESPN had with Carson? If you missed it, make sure to tune into SportsCenter today and Check it out...

My favorite part, haters, Carson when asked about C. Henry: "He's an exciting player, one of our best. He's my favorite guy!"

What's he going to say? "He's an idiot! I wish he would just get kicked off the team..."

He followed later with something about guys being stupid if they need to be told not to get arrested...I loved that part!

:lmao:

The point is that He's been with Chris Henry from day one and he's been very outspoken about that, unlike some of the assclowns around here... Yeah I watched the whole interview and I did hear CP say that some of these things are stupid, I agree they are stupid, we're human, humans make stupid mistakes. Henry doesn't deserve to be treated in the way that he is here around cincy by all the fairweather fans. Can't wait for Henry to come back and grab about 7-9 TD's in half the season.

The point is that He's been with Chris Henry from day one and he's been very outspoken about that, unlike some of the assclowns around here... Yeah I watched the whole interview and I did hear CP say that some of these things are stupid, I agree they are stupid, we're human, humans make stupid mistakes. Henry doesn't deserve to be treated in the way that he is here around cincy by all the fairweather fans. Can't wait for Henry to come back and grab about 7-9 TD's in half the season.

"haters" "assclowns" "fairweather fans" -- Get ahold of yourself Green. Damn, you're on a site that pretty much guarantees everybody here is a Bengals fan. No, you're not the BESTEST FAN EVER just because you don't think Odell, Henry, McNeal or anybody else ever did anything wrong. Chill out and quit calling everybody out over this stuff.

If you're going to make blanket insults, either have the cajones to name names or zip it.

While humans make mistakes, nearly 300 million Americans manage to NOT get arrested and convicted what, 3+ times in two years? I'm among them. There's absolutely no excuse for his idiotic behavior, don't give me the sob story, and definitely don't give me the 'it could happen to anybody' BS. It happens to people who lack the brains to use basic impulse control.

What you don't get is this: the fact that he has all that talent and no willingness to stop being an idiot is *precisely* what infuriates people about him. He could be one of the best WRs in the league if he could stop being a dumbass.

I am a Bengal fan through and through. When the guys are on the field, I want nothing but the best for them. Even off the field, I want nothing but the best. Yet I expect professionalism and even some instances of positive news off the field. Even so, when a guy gets himself into trouble, if he pays the price (suspensions, etc), and gets his behind back on the field ... for me, all is well again. But, much like I expect good things (or at least 'not bad things') from my own children, I expect the same from the professional athlete (who is getting paid to BE ON THE FIELD ... which means that part of his job is to not get into trouble that would jeopardize that goal). Doesn't seem like too much to ask. I honestly hope you expect MUCH more from your own children than you apparently do from the professional athlete. Regardless, I have no issue with your supporting these guys to even an extreme level ... I would just rather you didn't imply that folks like myself are not as much a fan when we do not do the same. I just have a tough time understanding why it is so unreasonable to expect these guys to not put themselves in situations like this. In fact, I argue that staying out of trouble (even if it means changing your lifestyle) is an implied responsibility of the job (i.e. staying on the field).

I just don't get the correlation of not being sympathetic for a repeat offender of the law, to being a fairweather fan.

There are a lot of things that I don't get in this world...I think the closest I can find in similarity to this one is, when at work people come in asking if we sell anything that will help them pass a drug test. When I tell them we don't and that it is illegal to sell anything for the purpose of aiding an individual for masking a drug test, they get pissed off at me. I've even had people tell me they are going to lose their kids, go to jail, ect. unless I help them.

Point is, who do you blame? The person who creates their own trouble and pattern of mistrust, or the person who doesn't cover up for them or act sympathetic to their self created problems? I'm sorry but I am in the boat of the person who holds people responsible for their own actions.

Chris Henry hasn't been out of trouble for more than 6 months, and is still on probation. It is going to take a whole lot longer than that for me to be a fan of the guy again and put any trust in him contributing to the Bengals long term. I don't think that makes me a fairweather fan in the least bit.

I didnt like the Interview that Much actually because they never really talked about our team other than the Off-feild stuff which I understand but i am just really tired of hearing about it just like everyone else.I would have I liked to hear more about how the Team has been more focused this season like from interveiws from Rudi and Grahm but hey thats what happens when we get 10 arrests in a two year span.

I'm sure Carson is more tired of talking about the arrest crap than any of us. It's just a worn out story, and it has been such for a while now. When they (ESPN) wait until the end of Sportscenter after plugging the segment numerous times to tell the masses that Chris Henry was driving around with his turn signal on... there's a problem.

"haters" "assclowns" "fairweather fans" -- Get ahold of yourself Green. Damn, you're on a site that pretty much guarantees everybody here is a Bengals fan. No, you're not the BESTEST FAN EVER just because you don't think Odell, Henry, McNeal or anybody else ever did anything wrong. Chill out and quit calling everybody out over this stuff.

Sorry man, I wasn't calling anyone here out... Cincy fans in general are very fairweather. Just a few on here are haters.

I am a Bengal fan through and through. When the guys are on the field, I want nothing but the best for them. Even off the field, I want nothing but the best. Yet I expect professionalism and even some instances of positive news off the field. Even so, when a guy gets himself into trouble, if he pays the price (suspensions, etc), and gets his behind back on the field ... for me, all is well again. But, much like I expect good things (or at least 'not bad things') from my own children, I expect the same from the professional athlete (who is getting paid to BE ON THE FIELD ... which means that part of his job is to not get into trouble that would jeopardize that goal). Doesn't seem like too much to ask. I honestly hope you expect MUCH more from your own children than you apparently do from the professional athlete. Regardless, I have no issue with your supporting these guys to even an extreme level ... I would just rather you didn't imply that folks like myself are not as much a fan when we do not do the same. I just have a tough time understanding why it is so unreasonable to expect these guys to not put themselves in situations like this. In fact, I argue that staying out of trouble (even if it means changing your lifestyle) is an implied responsibility of the job (i.e. staying on the field).

Chris is a professional athlete and he happens to play for my home team, the one I love. I couldn't give a crap about what he does off the field even if I tried. It doesn't matter to me... My own daughter though is another story, that's my daughter, of course I expect more out of her.

All I'm trying to say is that hearing our QB support Chris Henry in that way should hopefully get a lot of people off his back. The boy just needs to grow up and having a guy like CP taking you under his wing has to be helping him get it together. I personally think Henry's had it together for quite some time now and it's all because of Marv, CP, and the team supporting him.

All I'm trying to say is that hearing our QB support Chris Henry in that way should hopefully get a lot of people off his back. The boy just needs to grow up and having a guy like CP taking you under his wing has to be helping him get it together. I personally think Henry's had it together for quite some time now and it's all because of Marv, CP, and the team supporting him.

So far he's given us the best present possible, which is a quiet offseason from him. It is always possible that he's figured some stuff out and matured enough to realize what he needs to do to stay on the field. You've got me and probably every other Bengals fan with our fingers and toes crossed that that is the case.

Chris is a professional athlete and he happens to play for my home team, the one I love. I couldn't give a crap about what he does off the field even if I tried. It doesn't matter to me... My own daughter though is another story, that's my daughter, of course I expect more out of her.

And I'm still questioning your listening comprehension skills because Palmer was quite ambivalent in his 'support' for Henry. The fact that you express more unconditional support for a football player you don't know than your own daughter speaks volumes.

Personally, I choose not to support deadbeats and criminals in any aspect of my life. If he wants to clean up his act, that's a different story.

And I'm still questioning your listening comprehension skills because Palmer was quite ambivalent in his 'support' for Henry. The fact that you express more unconditional support for a football player you don't know than your own daughter speaks volumes.

Personally, I choose not to support deadbeats and criminals in any aspect of my life. If he wants to clean up his act, that's a different story.

WOW!!! :blink: Now he's a DEADBEAT and a Criminal? What makes you think he hasn't cleaned up his act? Because a kid accused him of beating him up, is that still in your mind or something? Forget about the past man, look forward. Calling him a deadbeat is IMO an Assclown statement.

This isn't a personal blog, I'm not here to talk about my daughter buddy, I'm here to discuss the Bengals.

WOW!!! :blink: Now he's a DEADBEAT and a Criminal? What makes you think he hasn't cleaned up his act? Because a kid accused him of beating him up, is that still in your mind or something? Forget about the past man, look forward. Calling him a deadbeat is IMO an Assclown statement.

This isn't a personal blog, I'm not here to talk about my daughter buddy, I'm here to discuss the Bengals.

edit: Or maybe it's just that you live in DC and have a bad taste in your mouth for criminal activity... I heard you can't even make a wrong turn on some of the streets down there or your gonna be in serious trouble.

Yes, he's a criminal, what part of the last two years have you missed? The part that makes me think he probably hasn't cleaned up his act is simply based on the number of times I've heard this sob story before only for him to get arrested. Again. And again. Like I said, I'll support him being cleaned up when he goes a year with nothing more than a speeding ticket. Like most of us do every year.

Incidentally, I'm not counting the story from the kid, which didn't go anywhere. The fact that it came right after Odell's similar issue makes me think it might have been attempted extortion.

I'm not sure what an "Assclown statement" is, but on this board we tend to support our assertions with slightly more mature, intelligent arguments than that.

As for a deadbeat - I'd say an adult that brings teenagers back to his hotel room and gets them drunk is a deadbeat. I'll not speculate on the sort of behavior that typically follows THAT.

Let's put it this way - Chris Henry is the kind of loser I wouldn't let come within 10 yards of *my* daughter. Don't know about yours.

As for why I feel this way about idiots (since you asked) - it's because I was born in a lower-middle-class hard-working family. I busted my ass to make something of myself. It irritates me to see jackasses like Henry get incredible opportunities handed to him, while he wastes his talent. Washington DC has actually cleaned up quite a bit in the last 20 years, and I live in the suburbs anyway, so it's not like I'm facing it on a daily basis. It's more of a personal pet peeve. And it irritates me more to see people defend these losers as if their mistakes could happen to anyone, that it's not their fault, etc.

I'm not sure what an "Assclown statement" is, but on this board we tend to support our assertions with slightly more mature, intelligent arguments than that.

Who does that?

HOLY CRAP, did he just call us mature, and intelligent ?? Wait a minute, he did say "slightly"... Oh well, I'll TAKE IT !!!

WHODEY !!!

At the risk of jinxing things, exactly how long has it been since Chris Henry actually did something that merited an apology? And just for the record, the turn signal/seatbelt/insurance fiasco doesn't count....unless you're one of those types who insist on being pissed off about everything.

Without bothering to look anything up it seems to me that Henry hasn't done anything worth mentioning for about a year or more. Granted, he kept making headlines because the things he had already done had to make their way through the courts, but it's possible that Chris Henry is the only member of the unholy trinity who actually got the message.

At the risk of jinxing things, exactly how long has it been since Chris Henry actually did something that merited an apology? And just for the record, the turn signal/seatbelt/insurance fiasco doesn't count....unless you're one of those types who insist on being pissed off about everything.

Without bothering to look anything up it seems to me that Henry hasn't done anything worth mentioning for about a year or more. Granted, he kept making headlines because the things he had already done had to make their way through the courts, but it's possible that Chris Henry is the only member of the unholy trinity who actually got the message.

Well he was in the car with Odell when he got pulled over after the Steelers game and puked out the passenger side door. At that time he was actually in violation of the stipulations that were placed upon him by the northern Kentucky judge involved in the underage hotel prostitute case. That happened September 24th of last year, so he still has a few months before it becomes a year. He may have not gotten arrested for this incident, but it contributed to his reputation that influences Roger Goodell's decisions. This incident was especially bad since it was all caught on film.