Who is OFF the Bengals Board due to Character Issues?

Tasher

Marcus Thomas DT, Florida

Eric Wright CB, UNLV

Rufus Alexander LB, Oklahoma

- Unfortunately, because these three players have some stud potential.

Why Rufus Alexander?

I've never heard of him having character issues.

I'm suprised to see DeShawn Wynn and Kenny Scott on our interest list, as well as Marcus McCauley (he might be squirrely like O'Neal is)

Branch? (See Askew, Mathias Mich St)

This a joke? He played 80% of defensive snaps at mich.People h8 on him because he doesn't have okoye numbers but he isen't suppossed too.He's receiving the same hate ngata did last year which how did that work for the ravens? got a guy who could play 3-4 end at 6'4 340 and kick in to DT.

hopefully chris houston, not for character, just for the fact that he is overrated and sucks

You got to learn to open up and say what you mean :lol::cheers:

I'd take Houston in the second Round -- but please NOT in first Round.

Of course, I'd say the say thing about Beason.

hopefully chris houston, not for character, just for the fact that he is overrated and sucks

This year's is a weird draft. I can honestly say that there isn't really anybody that I really really want, regardless of position or even spot on the draft board. Only one that really jumps out at me is Laron Landry. I obviously like pretty much all of the FSU guys coming out, obviously (homerism), and they could all fill various areas of slight need, but there isn't anyone I really really want. I was thinking Reggie Nelson for awhile, but then what happens with Madieu? Is he a strong safety? A nickel back? I don't know. None of the corners this year are all that great, Revis probably being my favorite, but I'm not all that high on him.

This year's is a weird draft. I can honestly say that there isn't really anybody that I really really want, regardless of position or even spot on the draft board. Only one that really jumps out at me is Laron Landry. I obviously like pretty much all of the FSU guys coming out, obviously (homerism), and they could all fill various areas of slight need, but there isn't anyone I really really want. I was thinking Reggie Nelson for awhile, but then what happens with Madieu? Is he a strong safety? A nickel back? I don't know. None of the corners this year are all that great, Revis probably being my favorite, but I'm not all that high on him.

I understand -- I've had the same problem with this years draft.

I even went through a stage where I would take Teddy Ginn -- based on converting him to CB. At least he was an exciting returner.

BUT, do we really want to risk a first round pick on a position change?

Oh, wait we tried that once already under Marvin.

Well you are right this is a tough draft to get too excited about.

Branch? (See Askew, Mathias Mich St)

This a joke? He played 80% of defensive snaps at mich.People h8 on him because he doesn't have okoye numbers but he isen't suppossed too.He's receiving the same hate ngata did last year which how did that work for the ravens? got a guy who could play 3-4 end at 6'4 340 and kick in to DT.

I was speculating more on the effort and work ethic that has been reported. Most reports are very consistent that he does not play too his potential on most downs, which drew my comparison to Askew.

I can't fill in all of the blanks, and I wouldn't know an insider if they bit me, but I've got two cents that I can add.

Jarvis Moss - Suspended for marijuana use.

Marcus Thomas - Failed multiple drug tests. Kicked off of team.

Rufus Alexander - Multiple charges of disturbing the peace.

Eric Wright - Rape and drug charges dropped after transfer from USC to UNLV.

Tarrell Brown - Multiple arrests for weed, and unlawful possession of handgun.

Brandon Merriweather - Principle participant in on-field brawl. Legally shot a guy who at the time was busy thumping one of Brandon's friends.

Tank Tyler - Multiple transgressions including fighting, spitting on an official, and benched due to undisclosed team infractions.

Marshawn Lynch - Ex-girlfriend made multiple accusations that police later dismissed.

Kenny Scott - Failed drug test.

In addition to the above James Marten, Micheal Okwo, Buster Davis, Tony Ugoh, Tanard Jackson, Juwan Simpson, and Paul Soliai are listed in various draft reviews as character risks for unspecified reasons.

I can't fill in all of the blanks, and I wouldn't know an insider if they bit me, but I've got two cents that I can add.

Brandon Merriweather - Principle participant in on-field brawl. Legally shot a guy who at the time was busy thumping one of Brandon's friends.

Tank Tyler - Multiple transgressions including fighting, spitting on an official, and benched due to undisclosed team infractions.

Marshawn Lynch - Ex-girlfriend made multiple accusations that police later dismissed.

In addition to the above James Marten, Micheal Okwo, Buster Davis, Tony Ugoh, Tanard Jackson, Juwan Simpson, and Paul Soliai are listed in various draft reviews as character risks for unspecified reasons.

Thank you, sir.

Thank you, sir.

Leave it to HOF to have all the dirt! :D

Solomon Wilcots confirmed that a vast majority of these guys are in fact off the Bengal's draft board in a conversation with Lap and Brad after the first round pick press conf on 1530 Homer. So I guess we are learning something, at least for this year.