Alan Branch has Stress Fractures in Leg...

According to Dan Pompei on Cold Pizza this morning, Branch's draft stock is slipping because he has stress fractures in his leg and teams are taking him off their boards completely because they are unsure if he can hold up through a whole season.

So, if he's still on the board at 18 and we pass don't get your panties in too much of a bunch because this could be the reason for it.

The reports of Alan Branch's death are highly exaggerated.

A leg stress fracture would be worse than a foot stress fracture, which didn't prevent the Bills from trading up to draft John McCargo in the 1st round last year.

Branch is a better prospect than Whole Lotta Nada was last year, even if he comes with the same rap.

Well, Florio over at PFT dug into the rumors, and (FWIW) his sources say it's basically a matter of interpretation of the x-rays of Branch's legs. Some teams & docs think there are signs of stress fractures, and some don't. I guess the real question is which teams think what...

According to Kiper Branch should be there when the Bengals draft in the first round. I think in his latest mock draft he has Branch going to Denver at 21. I don't know how the Bengals would pass up this guy who was projected a top ten pick at the end of this past season. If Branch is there the Bengals must draft him. The Bengals could then dump either John Thornton or Bryan Robinson.

I may have misread something, but it looked like they had Branch going 32nd to the Colts on a Sportscenter mock that was running at the bottom of the screen.

They did, I'm more impressed with Branch's break dancing than his play, unless he's going to serve someone on the dance floor can't say I would want him in the first. He's a big athletic guy, but he tends to disapper way too much for someone his size. Branch is a physical speciman, no doubt but is he a good football player.

Oh yeah I forgot to update this thread haha

They said it really depends on how you look at the Xrays, one way it can be interpreted as a stress fracture but apparently the other way it cannot. Confusing I know but basically they're unsure at this point. Some teams are taking it as stress fractures and others aren't...