TSN 7-Rounder

Someone over at nfl-fans.com posted TSN's 7-round mock, I checked out the Bengals' picks and I'd be pretty damn happy with what they gave us:

18 (18) Bengals Darrelle Revis* CB Pitt

The Bengals are desperate for a pass rusher and a cornerback. Revis certainly has the talent to solve one of those problems, and he should start from Day 1.

Team needs: CB | DT | S | OLB | OT | RB | TE

17 (49) Bengals Michael Griffin S Texas

The Bengals need both safety and cornerback help; Griffin is a versatile defender who can make an impact at safety and also fill in at corner.

15 (114) Bengals Antwan Barnes OLB Fla. Int.

Barnes, who starred at the Combine, will need to switch from end to linebacker if he is to help the Bengals.

14 (151) Bengals Matt Toeaina DT Oregon

Bengals defensive tackles have struggled to clog the middle of the field, and Toeaina is a playmaker.

13 (187) Bengals Brandon Myles WR W.Va.

Chris Henry's problems have the team seeking help for an otherwise stacked receiver corps.

20 (230) Bengals Jonathan Palmer T Auburn

It's worth a shot to see if Palmer (no relation to Bengals QB Carson) can be developed.

43 (253) Bengals Gary Russell* RB Minnesota

(compensatory pick) Russell is talented but looked terrible during pre-draft workouts.

Some Notes:

-Reggie Nelson was available at #18

-NO good corners left by our pick in the 2nd round

-I would rather have had Clark Harris TE Rutgers at #187

-Brandon Siler and Earl Everette lasted well past Antwan Barnes

To be honest... I'm not sure why people attempt 7 round mock-drafts. The so-called experts can't even come close to picking the 1st round correctly. When you start getting into the 2nd day of the draft, you're just asking to look stupid. But hey - it sparks conversation, right?

Yeah, and if you get the 1st 4 picks right..You will look like a genius ^_^

But hey - it sparks conversation, right?

That's all I figure they intend when they make these full mocks. Nobody actually expects to be right with these picks, but it can still be fun to put the mocks together. I also think the positions being drafted are far more important to look at than the players themselves.

You should check out those mocks that have trades - those have absolutely no basis in reality, but are ALOT of fun. In the latest, Cincinnati traded down to 27th, picking up New Orleans 3rd and 4th picks. Highly entertaining!

You should check out those mocks that have trades - those have absolutely no basis in reality, but are ALOT of fun. In the latest, Cincinnati traded down to 27th, picking up New Orleans 3rd and 4th picks. Highly entertaining!

I found it entertaining -- Revis and Timmons were still available at 27, but the Bengals took Harrell :lmao:

I find these mocks give me an excuse to look at game tapes for another player for the Bengals -- not much else to do until it warms ups again and I can get out the golf clubs. These mocks are a time filler until the draft and the warm weather. :cheers:

I found it entertaining -- Revis and Timmons were still available at 27, but the Bengals took Harrell :lmao:

Yikes. I have a feeling that this draft is gonna give me a serious headache.

I still see us taking Posluszny or Hall.