Who's "going down" in pre-season ?

Scottishbengal

I'm sure some of you stat hounds will be able to come up with the info, but I seem to remember ill fated training camp injuries wiping out players year upon year.

Didn't Ki-Jana break a thumb/wrist or something at one camp ??

I have a feeling these types of things were happening quite often to the Bengals.

So then, will the fickle finger of fate poke the Bengals in the eye once again and if so who would you most hate to loose.

Obviously were not wishing any ill-fate to befall our players or anyone elses', but I was just thinking of training camps gone by and the Weathersby situation (all the best Dennis).

Personally I would be gutted if Chad was wiped out as I don't think we can replace him to the same degree.

Simple...nobody.

This team is in sooooo much better shape then in previous years, most catastrophic injuries are a result of poor conditioning....

Damn--that's horrible question. I think the Bungles couldn't stand losing Palmer.

Here's why:

This will be Palmer's 1st year of On-the-job Development. If he sits out yet another year--it could be a major setback for the organization. Palmer will take a beating this year--and you will see a whole lot of 3-and-outs, but he needs this first year of development.

McNair sat for his first 2 seasons and he turned out ok. While I agree that losing CP would suck because I think he's going to be great, and the sooner he gets playing experience, the sooner he's going to achieve that greatness, at least we have the best backup QB in the league in Kitna should CP go down.

I think losing Rudi would be the hardest for the team to recover from. I'm sure we'll take a RB in the draft, but at least we know what we're getting with Rudi. Unless we get a total stud RB in the draft, opposing defenses will be able to concentrate on the pass rather than having to respect the running game, making CP's life allot harder, thus making it harder to win games.

As I don't want to add bad karma and name a name, I'll go with a position not named yet... Cornerback... Would be a bitch if either one of the projected starters went down when we are already hurting here. Would put more pressure on our D-line to get to the QB and if they don't, we would be smelling smoke all season long from the CB's getting burnt !!! Would be huge loss !!!

WHODEY !!!

What's the deal with Mckenzie from GB? I know he will cost us a lot to sign, but like someone earlier posted if any of our starting cb's go down then who do we go to? What about Denard Walker?

Walker signed with the raiders. I think Mckenzie would be an excellent pick up. Whether or not we can afford him is another story. I think we look to the draft for cb depth.

What's the deal with Mckenzie from GB?  I know he will cost us a lot to sign, but like someone earlier posted if any of our starting cb's go down then who do we go to?  What about Denard Walker?

Walker signed with the raiders. I think Mckenzie would be an excellent pick up. Whether or not we can afford him is another story. I think we look to the draft for cb depth.

Are there any decent veteran corners still out there... lets face it New England just signed Burris for depth. I say we start checking the Arena league and Canada. There has to be more hidden talent out there other than Kurt Warner.