Grindhouse

WhoDey42

I just saw Grindhouse tonight and it was everything I expected... it was awesome! I highly recommend it! Its a long movie (about 3 hrs 10 min) but since its 2 movies with stuff in between, it doesn't seem that long. The first movie, Planet Terror (Rodriguez) is definitely the better of the 2. It was much funnier than I was expecting, but it was great. I was a little disappointed in the Tarintino one, Death Proof. The last 20 minutes of it was good, but the first part was pretty much just conversation. But Planet Terror was amazing. It got an applause after it, and a standing ovation from a few people (it was good, but not standing ovation good haha)

But some of the best parts of the movie were the fake movie trailers at the beginning and between the two films. There is one at the beginning with Cheech Marin that was funny but the best one was for "Thanksgiving"... they actually posted it on YouTube... http://youtube.com/watch?v=nbSKnL4WFJM (there is nudity, fyi)

Just my opinion, but it looks like it was made for the brain dead/ violence loving section of American population that is leading Hollywood to keep making these dumb pictures with no plot lines, just blood, guts and gore.

Well, I won't deny that it had a lot of blood, guts and gore (the first one at least, Tarintino's didn't have much blood at all). I thought it was good, so I guess I'm brain dead.

Its supposed to give people that go see it a good time... and it does that. It's hilarious, its entertaining, theres action, and yes, theres some blood.

Just my opinion, but it looks like it was made for the brain dead/ violence loving section of American population that is leading Hollywood to keep making these dumb pictures with no plot lines, just blood, guts and gore.

I resent that. :P

99.999999999% of movies out there that attempt have any purpose are stupid. It's refreshing to see movies that aren't full of s**t every now and then.

Give me Requiem for a Dream, and I puke.

Give me Napoleon Dynamite, and I laugh.

It's an easy choice.

I resent that. :P

99.999999999% of movies out there that attempt have any purpose are stupid. It's refreshing to see movies that aren't full of s**t every now and then.

Give me Requiem for a Dream, and I puke.

Give me Napoleon Dynamite, and I laugh.

It's an easy choice.

Requiem for a Dream is an amazing movie....

I also loved Snakes on a Plane. Not because it was a riveting action thriller, but because it was exactly what it set out to be -- cheesy and dumb.

Napoleon Dynamite is a similar type of movie. I'm not having corny messages shoved in my face for two hours... just laughing at a dork for being a dork.

I'm very hard to please with movies.

I also loved Snakes on a Plane. Not because it was a riveting action thriller, but because it was exactly what it set out to be -- cheesy and dumb.

I agree... whenever I tell someone I liked Snakes on a Plane they're like "why? It was so dumb!" and Im like exactly. I don't care if a movie is stupid, if its entertaining, I'll watch it. And Snakes on a Plane was supposed to be funny and cheesy.

On a side note, Blades of Glory is overrated. I didn't think it was that funny... definitely not one of Will Farrell's best. It would've been 10x better if Jon Heder wasn't in it

You say that like it's a bad thing! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...