what should I do with my dillon jersey?

pickle man

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Now that dillon is gone, alot of us are going to stuck with his jersey. I say we get together and burn them to get rid of all the years of bad "mojo" before the Sunday night game against the 'fins. We tailgate at the cinergy lot just west of the stadium.Any other ideas?

Funny, even at the games last year, folks had dillon's name taped over or taken off. The guy could have taken a better way out. I broke out the palmer jersey last season and have stuck with it. But you never know, we could draft a future stud with number 28. Just have to change the name. Its not like we are going to retire the dude's number.

Three words:

..................EMERGENCY TOILET PAPER!! :lol:

And welcome to the 'Zone! :player:

Yeah Bill! And 3 more words...."BIRD CAGE LINER"!

I can understand getting rid of your Klingler, Akili Smith, Kijana Carter, or Retard Wilson jerseys. But corey dillon is going to be a bengals legend. Hes the all time leading rusher for this team, was our only good player for years, broke 2 big league rushing records with us. And all he wanted was to play for another team after 7 years in hell. Can you blame him? It doesnt sound like him and Lewis saw eye to eye anyways. If you do anything but keep your Dillon jersey you will regret it.

His greatness here has been tarnished over the last few years. Meaningless stats that NEVER led to any thing worth mentioning.

He has borderline hall of fame stats. If he wins a superbowl or at least has a few more productive years with NE, and he makes it in the hall, do you think that SOB will wear a bengals uni? I don't, and I say burn every piece of Bengals gear with that f@#kers name on it!

He had a rough 2003 and you guys are turning your backs on him.

I believe that we are only returning the favor, so to speak. Chucking your gear into the stands constitutes turning your back on the team AND the fans! I respect his accomplishments, just not his recent deeds. The Bengal fans didn't deserve that in the least. :wacko:

Supposively he was giving his gear to the fans out of respect. Saying his goodbyes to the fans...

Sorry...I don't buy that. I saw the tape. I saw his face. He wasn't tossing souvenirs to the fans...he was flinging his uniform to be rid of it. :angry:

Supposively he was giving his gear to the fans out of respect. Saying his goodbyes to the fans...

Sorry...I don't buy that. I saw the tape. I saw his face. He wasn't tossing souvenirs to the fans...he was flinging his uniform to be rid of it. :angry:

Interesting... Never seen the tape I was at the game but gone before he threw his gear. Anyways keep the jersey its still a $75.00 jersey im keepin mine!

Keep the Jersey, Perhaps one day it'll be worth something if he enters the Hall .............or not.?

* I guess the Real question regarding Dillon's entry into the Hall, would be,

- Whether or not Dillon would enter Canton as a Bengal or Patriot.

- 8000 + yards with Cincy'

--He'll roughly need 4000+ to get his 12,000 yards which is pretty much the standard for HOF runningbacks.

for $75 .....Up on the wall maybe.

This sounds like a weekend in Amsterdam!

I'm keeping my shirt and I'm wearing it with pride - it's still a Bengals shirt after all and more a show of loyaylty to the team rather than the player.

WhoooooooooooDeyyyyyyyy !!

Keep it man, and think of something creative to do with it. I mean everyone who kept there Spikes jerseys were able to convert them to Hardy last year. And for those that had Ki-Jana jerseys, suddenly it was RUDI on the back of that 32. Or at least tape the name out and write something funny like Villan or something. I saw a guy at the stadium last year that had an old Pickens jersey and the back said Pickledick, made me laugh hard..... :D

I'll just say this: JONFNKITNA KNOWS HIS STUFF--

"I can understand getting rid of your Klingler, Akili Smith, Kijana Carter, or Retard Wilson jerseys. But corey dillon is going to be a bengals legend. Hes the all time leading rusher for this team, was our only good player for years, broke 2 big league rushing records with us. And all he wanted was to play for another team after 7 years in hell. Can you blame him? It doesnt sound like him and Lewis saw eye to eye anyways. If you do anything but keep your Dillon jersey you will regret it. "

Would you guys relax about Dillon??? He wanted out of the league's doormat after giving his all in his first 7 years with the Bungles.

Here's a couple of reasons why you should keep that Dillon Jersey:

1. The Bungles All-Time rushing leader (yes, that includes James "Infidelity" Brooks)

2. One-time holder of the Single Game Rushing Record

3. YOU CAN WEAR THAT JERSEY IN FEBRUARY OF 2005, AFTER DILLON GETS HIS FIRST SUPER BOWL RING, GOES TO YET ANOTHER PRO BOWL--AND YOU CAN STATE TO FAMILY MEMBERS, FRIENDS, BUSINESS ASSOCIATES THAT YOU WERE "WITH COREY THE WHOLE WAY".

YOU BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!!!

You guys blame me for not being a fan for using the word "Bungles", yet you turn your back on the guy after one year.

The guy was injured, then comes back from injury to find his job isn't available because he was replaced!!! I'd be pissed too!!! After 7 seasons of bulls**t--and still being the only bright spot in those years YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE FRANCHISE WOULD SHOW DILLON SOME RESPECT AND LOYALTY!!!

I'm glad Corey's going to a winner. Now we'll see what CD can really do.

I can understand Dillon's frustration with loosing previous to last year. But any moran could see the ML is in the process of turning this franchise into a championship contender. Everyone else is on board with the possibilities. So I dont buy blaming CD's actions on loosing. The plain truth of the matter is the guy got beat out. That's why he is pissed. Does anyone think that ML doesnt want to play the best RB he has available to him? The fact is that RB is RUDI. Yeah, CD is emotional and so are the fans. We support anyone that gives us 100% effort and talks up the team. 100% effort and doggin the team doesnt cut it.

Would you guys relax about Dillon??? He wanted out of the league's doormat after giving his all in his first 7 years with the Bungles.

Here's a couple of reasons why you should keep that Dillon Jersey:

1. The Bungles All-Time rushing leader (yes, that includes James "Infidelity" Brooks)

2. One-time holder of the Single Game Rushing Record

3. YOU CAN WEAR THAT JERSEY IN FEBRUARY OF 2005, AFTER DILLON GETS HIS FIRST SUPER BOWL RING, GOES TO YET ANOTHER PRO BOWL--AND YOU CAN STATE TO FAMILY MEMBERS, FRIENDS, BUSINESS ASSOCIATES THAT YOU WERE "WITH COREY THE WHOLE WAY".

YOU BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!!!

You guys blame me for not being a fan for using the word "Bungles", yet you turn your back on the guy after one year.

The guy was injured, then comes back from injury to find his job isn't available because he was replaced!!! I'd be pissed too!!! After 7 seasons of bulls**t--and still being the only bright spot in those years YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE FRANCHISE WOULD SHOW DILLON SOME RESPECT AND LOYALTY!!!

I'm glad Corey's going to a winner. Now we'll see what CD can really do.

You said it, he was the BUNGLES leading rusher.

Why should we the fans be glad for him?

Let's see, he quit the team in the game in Baltimore, say what you will about the team losing, he has a contract and he didn't honor it.

Should we be glad that he said he'd rather flip burgers than play in Cincinnati? Then he shows he's a man of his word by promptly suiting up for the team.

Should we be glad that when the team finally is going in the right direction and contending for the division, he goes on a rant about wanting out?

Should we be glad that he tried to make himself be above the team and show the new coach how important he was by missing the mini camp and being late for training camp?

Should we be glad he had the nerve to call Willie Anderson, who worked his ass off for Dillon and was a major contributer to dillons rushing records, a bum on national tv? WHILE WEARING ANOTHER TEAMS JERSEY?

Yeah, Dillon gave some great individual performances as a member of the Bengals, but he never did it when it counted the most....He never ever stood up for the team...He didn't want to be anything but a high paid premadonna....He never tried to be a leader, he never ever tried to make this a better team, it was ALWAYS, and I mean always about Corey Dillon.

So, why the hell should we, the fans of the team hi pissed on for the past 7 years be upset or even happy for him?