Bengals' Scout Disses Troy Smith

Scout says Troy Smith will flop

According to Philly.com, Cincinnati Bengals' scout Greg Seamon called Troy Smith an overhyped Heisman-winning quarterback who would flop in the NFL.

"Really, he's not that fast," Seamon said of Smith. "He gets run down by defensive ends. He's not real big. He kind of stares down his targets. You didn't see those breathtaking, thread-the-needle throws [against Florida] that you'd hope to see from a top-of-the-draft quarterback."

Then the predictable blog comments in reply, eventually appear:

4. Perhaps the Bungels scout would like Troy Smith more if he got arrested some. Maybe he needs to sprinkle in DUI, a gun charge or push his Grandma down the stairs. If Troy does any of those you know that he will shoot up the Bungels draft board. hahaha

January 26, 2007 10:59:00 PM EST

Anonymous said...

well the guy's a bengals scout. troy smith probably hasn't been arrested enough times for their liking...

January 27, 2007 12:46:00 AM EST

Anonymous said...

I guess Troy's rap sheet isn't long enough for a Cincinnati Bengal Scout.

I could have swore Troy Smith had some character ??? for when he was younger :o suprised people aren't saying he'll end up with us because of it.

:lmao:

Cinci here he comes :lmao:

I don't think he will be a flop, because he has the arm, and it showed in the senior bowl he has the arm. However he was overthrowing every one and didn't look good at all. His value will drop even further putting him out of "Bust" draft pick range.

Someone will take him late round 2 early round 3. He isn't a bad QB, but he didn't look good today.

Bengals' need a longer term #2 with some good upside. Wouldn't put it past them to take someone early day 2, if the right person falls.

Could see a team with an old or unsettled QB situation taking a flyer on him in the late 1st or 2nd.

A big reason he was so terrible vs Florida, was the lack of protection, and playing most of the game down by 2+ scores.

He showed consistent improvement in college, that is what college ball is for - when you see someone progress like that, you know it's not just physical ability he's coasting on. He could have a decent NFL career.

But he's not a franchise savior, and not sure why Seaman is acting as if others think of him that way.

this is coming from guy on a staff responsible for all the great draft picks we have had over the last 16 years. these comments just make this guy and our staff look like the bunch of dumb asses the media claims them to be. weather he is right or wrong a man in his position should keep comments like these to his self or better yet think before he opens his mouth.

I could have swore Troy Smith had some character ??? for when he was younger :o suprised people aren't saying he'll end up with us because of it.

:lmao:

Cinci here he comes :lmao:

I don't think he will be a flop, because he has the arm, and it showed in the senior bowl he has the arm. However he was overthrowing every one and didn't look good at all. His value will drop even further putting him out of "Bust" draft pick range.

Someone will take him late round 2 early round 3. He isn't a bad QB, but he didn't look good today.

I doubt he goes to us. Uhhh seems to me hes Clevelands native son & I read in the USA Today that he is lobbying HARD for the Brown stains to draft him.

• 3 weeks later...