How does Weathersby accident affect our needs?

ntpou

I don't know. Conventional wisdom after the O'Neal trade was that Deltha would start, backed up by Dennis. No need to reach for, say, Will Poole at 24 if a Starks or Odom is still there, just to fill a backup position.

On the other hand, the rehabilitation of O'Neal is an open question, and if he doesn't improve we're down to Porter, Roberts, and Myles (and in a pinch, K2). And none of them, I think, have Dennis' potential or even natural talent.

A lot will probably depend on how things go with Dennis this week. Hopefully, he makes a miraculous recovery en route to a long and happy life.

First and formost, I"m gonna take a guess and say that Dennis Weathersby will probably suit up this year. He fought back to health after last year's shooting, and I' believe he'll do it again.

Having said that, the Cincinnati Bengals were still going to draft a corner this year even with the a healthy DW, and Deltha 'Oneal.

someone like Nathan Vasher or Keiwan Ratliff or even a Matt Ware will probably end up Bengals come day one. other notables.....

Keith Smith

Marcell Almond

If you ugys are referring to the first pick, we have to pick up a Defensive Linemen. We haven't touched it this off-season and I'm not including the Gardner deal because it's not official yet (yes, I know it should be after June 1st, but it's not official yet).. but we've improved our secondary. I think fatty is priority.

Having said that, the Cincinnati Bengals were still going to draft a corner this year even with the a healthy DW, and Deltha 'Oneal.

True. But if it should develop over the course of the next 10 days that Dennis is out for an extended period -- or that the doctors simply can't provide a long-term prognosis, which wouldn't surprise me with a head injury like this -- that hole at CB looms a lot larger.

I think it's a good thing we have a plethora of picks in the third and fourth, because I would not be surprised at all if a falling top CB attracts their attention in the first round.

True. But if it should develop over the course of the next 10 days that Dennis is out for an extended period -- or that the doctors simply can't provide a long-term prognosis, which wouldn't surprise me with a head injury like this -- that hole at CB looms a lot larger.

I think it's a good thing we have a plethora of picks in the third and fourth, because I would not be surprised at all if a falling top CB attracts their attention in the first round.

I would have to say the CB position HAS to be a bigger concern a this point. Big enough to take someone in the first ?? I personally don't think so, but you would have to agree, it's being thought about... I don't want to even think about LB at this point, seeing as how they are smallish and we already have smallish and DJ Williams WON'T be there at #24... I love Grove's attitude, but have to think Carey is a better fit for our O-line as I've stated before, he is versatile, and experts projects his best O-line position in the NFL at center... The main area I have to look at though is the same as others have stated, D-line. Anything D-line and I'm happy. Thinking the big fatass is key. Plug the middle, stop the run, and free up Webster to wreak havoc. Pass rush also very important and if we could put pressure on the QB, maybe it takes pressure off our CB's who are uncertain at this point. All in my humble opinion...

WHODEY !!!

any chance b24 could block the word bungel?  or bungle or bungul or whatever the hell that "real" bengal fan uses.

Nah. I doubt he'd be willing, but asking doesn't hurt.

"Barbara"ian is a punk. Let him say what he wants. He's one of those turds you grew up with that when things got tough, he'd be the first to bail on you, then talk s**t about you later. Look at his writings here...you can just tell.

He's simply a cancer that always part of the problem and never part of the solution! He reminds me of Corey Dillon. Hopefully we can trade Corey, and Barbara will follow him. Neither are Bengals at heart! :player:

He's not a real fan...he's a real flake. Fan's show respect, and he's shown nothin' but disrespect.

That's all I'm gonna say about him here. If need be I'll follow up in the Smack forum.

To get back on topic...I'm reserving my comments about Dennis's situation and how it affects the team until his health returns...regardless if he ever plays football again or not.

hes a fair weather fan. he must either be from cincy or something to like them. I doubt hes from anywhere else to truly respect them. I have never heard a bengal fan call them the bungles...ever. *note i dont know many bengal fans*

Yeah, it doesn't sound good. A few months ago on a post I criticized Weathersby for not rebounding quick enough after his shooting incident....very insensitive on my part. I formally apologize. Who cares if he comes back and plays or if he changes our draft strategy....lets just hope and pray he will be OK.-Mac

Guys, until they make the playoffs or until they prove me otherwise--they're the BUNGLES.

You guys should be pissed--like me--for the last 13 years.

I've been a fan since 1972--I've never wavered. I don't see why I can call them the BUNGLES and not be a fan.

Someone please explain this to me.

Fact is, they've been the Bungles since 1990. Someone's pulled "the wool" over y'alls eyes.

Guys, until they make the playoffs or until they prove me otherwise--they're the BUNGLES.

You guys should be pissed--like me--for the last 13 years.

I've been a fan since 1972--I've never wavered. I don't see why I can call them the BUNGLES and not be a fan.

Someone please explain this to me.

Fact is, they've been the Bungles since 1990. Someone's pulled "the wool" over y'alls eyes.

last year was good enough for me to have the title ditched.

i do agree, though, that they really need to make the playoffs before they truly shed all of the connotations attached to the franchise.

Skyline, I like your logic. I can see where you're coming from.

However, I need one more year to see where this franchise is heading to throw away the Bungles naming.

One 8-8 MEDIOCRE SEASON DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. If they don't do better than 9-7 next year, then they remain the Bungles for yet another year.

I'm getting tired of seeing this Mike Brown BS.

Skyline, I like your logic. I can see where you're coming from.

However, I need one more year to see where this franchise is heading to throw away the Bungles naming.

One 8-8 MEDIOCRE SEASON DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. If they don't do better than 9-7 next year, then they remain the Bungles for yet another year.

I'm getting tired of seeing this Mike Brown BS.

i object to the mike brown part.

no team being run entirely by mike brown would have had an 8-8 season last year. maybe im just a sucker, but i truly feel this is marvin's team. if you don't like the current personnel moves, i think lewis is your guy to point the finger at, not brown.

Skyline, explain 1997 then. That team went 8-8 and it was FULLY CONTROLLED by Mike Brown.

I haven't let go of the idea that Mike Brown still has control. This offseason is evidence of it--especially when all the big name free agents were available and the Bungles let them slip by.

The WARREN SAPP Thing should say it all.