Bengals CB Weathersby hospitalized

Indycat

Updated Story:

Bengals CB Weathersby hospitalized

4-13-04 11:56am - Bengals cornerback Dennis Weathersby was admitted Monday night to University Hospital.

He was involved in an auto accident Monday evening. The Bengals have been informed that there was no evidence of drugs or alcohol involved in the accident. No other persons were involved.

As of 11 a.m. today, Weathersby was still being evaluated, and a hospital report on his condition was not available.

The Bengals are gathering further information, and will release it when available.

oh, crap...

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=17...73&nav=0zHEMGNA

Bengals cornerback Dennis Weathersby was involved in a single car accident Monday afternoon in Springdale.

Police say Weathersby lost control of his car, went into a spin and hit a utility pole.Ā  Officers say Weathersby was unconscious when they arrived.

He was taken to Mercy Hospital, then airlifted to University Hospital where he is currently being evaluated.Ā 

No other people were involved in the accident.

"Weathersby was unconscious when they arrived." Not good, not good at all. :(

copied from bengals.com

Bengals CB Weathersby listed in serious condition after auto accident

4-13-04 5:30pm -

Bengals CB Dennis Weathersby was listed in serious condition at Cincinnatiā€™s University Hospital late this afternoon. Weathersby has been hospitalized since Monday evening. He was injured early Monday evening in an auto accident.

At 4:30 p.m., University Hospital released the following statement:

ā€œMr. Weathersby is currently in serious condition. As a result of the auto accident, he sustained a head injury. He is receiving aggressive, state-of-the-art medical treatment. At this point, it is too early to make any further statements. ā€

The Bengals have been informed that there was no evidence of drugs or alcohol involved in the accident. No other persons were involved.

So does this mean that the Bengals will have to draft cb early? Who would they get? I like maybe getting Matt Ware in the first that can also help out at S.

:blink: Geez dude. Before you start throwin' dirt in his grave, why don't we try prayin' for this man. Just seemed a little harsh CJ...that's all. :blink:

all prayers goin out to dennis lets just hope everything is alright. :(

Good post Tiger Stripes. We have to remember football is just a game. This man may very well be fighting for his life! All football aside, I hope he'll at least be okay. :)

First of all, I believe thinking about drafting a CB b/c of this situation is classless and horrible. We have plenty of time to discuss the draft.

Secondly, the hell with football. I just hope Dennis makes it through without any problems.

From the website listed on this thread...

DW wa driving adrian ross's impala when he lost control and flipped it on I-275 in sprindale. He is cuurently in very critical condition and it is suspected that he may have had a brain anurism that cause the accident. tests are being done at this moment to see if thats the caseĀ 

I heard this from Dave Lapham and other credible local sports talk hosts.

Also, did anyone notice this is one day past the exact day from last year that he was victim of the drive-by?