Marvin's timeout after Chad's catch early

belmontbengal

I know there are alot of factors to the suck we witnessed tonight...poor defensive schemes, poor pass coverage, poor playcalling, poor reciever play, Willie out early, no pass protection to speak of...

BUT

I feel like the play that started it all was a red flag thrown by Tony Dungy during a timeout Marvin called for WHO KNOWS WHY. Was it because Chad got dinged after he caught that pass? (I refer to the 25 yarder that was overturned during Marvin's timeout)

Why on earth did we not do a no huddle and just run a flippin play? Marv had to have known that the catch was questionable...in fact, Manning ran a no huddle on a questionable first down completion to Utecht on the drive after that...

I personally feel that Cincy was moving on that drive and after that play was overturned and Carson got flattened for the fumble that it completely changed the face of the game.

Thoughts?

disappointed fan in bcreek.

Yeah, I really have no idea why they called that timeout. I was shouting profanity all over the room at that point.

Chad landed on the ball and knocked the wind out of him. He waved to the sideline and they called the TO.

That is right. But the minute I saw the first replay I said, that's not a catch. And they called a time out and went to a commenrcial and I said there will be challenge when the come back. And there was. They needed to get to the line and snap that ball. That one is on the coaching staff.

Yeah, I really have no idea why they called that timeout. I was shouting profanity all over the room at that point.

Chad landed on the ball and knocked the wind out of him. He waved to the sideline and they called the TO.

That is right. But the minute I saw the first replay I said, that's not a catch. And they called a time out and went to a commenrcial and I said there will be challenge when the come back. And there was. They needed to get to the line and snap that ball. That one is on the coaching staff.

I totally agree...even a guy with the wind knocked out of him can stand up in formation for a quick snap.

It played out badly, but I have a hard time believing that it had much of an impact on the final score. If anything, the dropped pass was a hint of what we were going to get out of Chad all night long, and Carson too, I guess. Simply put, there were way too many plays that were of the close but no cigar variety....and the play of the offensive line was so bad that nobody had a chance to play through the poor timing.