4 Wides w/ 85, TJ, Cheech & McNeal

Tasher

... a couple of different occassions in the game:

Reverse/Double Reverse w/ Chad, TJ and McNeal, but McNeal keeps the ball each time, as the first to receive the ball from Carson and fakes the double...

the next time McNeal throws to Chad, TJ or Cheech on the reverse WR option!

Oh yeah! That would be sweet and would totally burn the Colts due to their susceptibility to the run, everyone would be selling out to get up to the line of scrimmage to stop the run, BOOM, big play!

:bengal:

Reverse/Double Reverse w/ Chad, TJ and McNeal, but McNeal keeps the ball each time, as the first to receive the ball from Carson and fakes the double...

Oh yeah! That would be sweet and would totally burn the Colts due to their susceptibility to the run, everyone would be selling out to get up to the line of scrimmage to stop the run, BOOM, big play!

I'd do that only when I'm convinced they've put enough guys at the LOS to actually stop Rudi. Because if I can get 6 YPC all damned day with Rudi, running the clock and keeping Manning on the sideline, that's my plan!

Then, I'd give a fair dose of run-fake. See if those safeties will cheat like Ed Reed did. Bet they do! Might even bust out the flea flicker again!

Then, if we get 3rd and long, I'll go 3-wide and dig up that shovel-pass from a couple of weeks ago.

Only if I go 3-wide and they put 7-8 in the box, leaving man coverage on 2 or 3 receivers, will I pass.

Overall, when we pass, I'm thinking the best thing is to pass out of run sets to make sure them DBs stay a-cheatin'.

Wouldnt work....McNeal Never plays, if he even stepped on the field, their D would be watching for that knowing he was a college QB. If he was a legitimate receiver who played regularly, maybe it works, but like i said, because he never plays, if he even steps out there, they'll be aware.

You know that at some point we will use Mcneal on some kind of trickery - end around - passing play. I'm sure they've been working on something all season for that special occasion. Brat's just waiting for the right moment. I don't think we'll see this against Indy. Maybe Pittsburgh or Denver, which both have stronger defenses and we might have to show em' a lil' somthin'.

Wouldnt work....McNeal Never plays, if he even stepped on the field, their D would be watching for that knowing he was a college QB. If he was a legitimate receiver who played regularly, maybe it works, but like i said, because he never plays, if he even steps out there, they'll be aware.

Right. That crap works with Hines Ward because he plays every down.

I think that McNeal has been on the field on a few occassions in the passing offense.

Did anyone see the Mike Robinson fake punt by the 9ers last night? Similar thinking... Seattle didn't even know what hit them, Mike ran for over 30 yards.

I think that McNeal has been on the field on a few occassions in the passing offense.

Did anyone see the Mike Robinson fake punt by the 9ers last night? Similar thinking... Seattle didn't even know what hit them, Mike ran for over 30 yards.

Yeah... well Robinson is a back-up RB... so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for him to be in there on a punt. That's part of his role.

McNeal is not even active all that often... and when he is, it is technically as a QB. He also only gets into games in garbage time. He didn't play at all in games that were anywhere near close, like S.D., N.O., and Balt., but got into games late against Cle. and Oak.

He's not seen any playing time until late in the 4th quarter of games when they are already over. McNeal isn't talented enough to get in the game, and would be a dead giveaway that some sort of trickery is coming. It wouldn't work... so don't look for it.

Put McNeil in motion and tell him to keep running until he crosses the sidelines, leaps into the stands, and winds up standing infront of the nearest beer vendor. If things work out properly the FS will follow McNeil...thereby opening up the middle for a patented TJ crossing pattern.

Next drive, split Chris Perry out wide and hope that the sound of his wheelchair draws the attention of the dime CB or SS. If successful, this should open up the middle of the field for a patented TJ crossing pattern.

Finally, take any fan out of the stands and dress him in a Kelly Washington jersey. Have the fan stand somewhere along the sidelines with his hands in his pockets. Do nothing else as the ruse is now complete. Finally, when the ball is snapped have TJ run one of his patented crossing patterns.

What? :huh:

I guess the thing that strikes me as odd about this thread is the idea that we would need trick plays at all... especially against the Colts.

Trick plays are fun... and against a good defense, they make sense. We took advantage of the over-aggressive Ravens D twice with the shovel pass on 3rd and long, and the flea-flicker. But against the Colts? They can't even stop an average offense (that isn't using trick plays). Why would we feel the need to pull them out against the Colts (other than the obvious... to embarrass them on National Television)?

I guess the thing that strikes me as odd about this thread is the idea that we would need trick plays at all... especially against the Colts.

Trick plays are fun... and against a good defense, they make sense. We took advantage of the over-aggressive Ravens D twice with the shovel pass on 3rd and long, and the flea-flicker. But against the Colts? They can't even stop an average offense (that isn't using trick plays). Why would we feel the need to pull them out against the Colts (other than the obvious... to embarrass them on National Television)?

I'm with Derek here on this point. Let's not wear out the trick plays. Save 'em until we need 'em to loosen up an overly aggressive defense like the Ravens, who IMHO we will most likely see again come playoff time.