Ahmad Brooks

BengalPappaw

I had (have) high hopes for Ahmad Brooks to be a big contributor to the Bengals.

Has anyone heard how he is taking the "sitting on the bench"? It matters to me whether he is taking it like a man or pouting like a "T.O." If Brooks is being motivated by this move -- GREAT.

I did note that he was not on the active player list for the last game.

I found it interesting when Marvin made the comment "we don't have any scholarship players here" and the following game Brooks gets benched and Kaleb Miller started. That may have been a coincidence or a "message from ML".

Come on Ahmad -- kick it up a notch!! :sure:

I thought that Ahmad played well when he was in the game. Any word on what he did to get benched?

I dont think he necessarily did anything to get benched, it was due more to the fact that we got some of our LB's healthy again, like Simmons and Jeanty. Brooks did okay considering being a supplemental pick coming in later than the regular rookies, thus missing some of the camps and being behind. With the position the Bengals are in, and trying to make the playoffs, you obviously dont have the luxury of making that many mistakes, Simmons is a Veteran, as is Johnson, and Miller, Jeanty although technically a rookie, has the benefit of several years in the CFL. The main reason Brooks played was because of injuries, now that they are a little healthier, he can focus more on learning the system via practices, which wont cost the team, like trying to learn during games.

I thought that Ahmad played well when he was in the game. Any word on what he did to get benched?

I dont think he necessarily did anything to get benched, it was due more to the fact that we got some of our LB's healthy again, like Simmons and Jeanty. Brooks did okay considering being a supplemental pick coming in later than the regular rookies, thus missing some of the camps and being behind. With the position the Bengals are in, and trying to make the playoffs, you obviously dont have the luxury of making that many mistakes, Simmons is a Veteran, as is Johnson, and Miller, Jeanty although technically a rookie, has the benefit of several years in the CFL. The main reason Brooks played was because of injuries, now that they are a little healthier, he can focus more on learning the system via practices, which wont cost the team, like trying to learn during games.

Exactly. I think Brooks wil be a good LB...he's just nowhere near ready yet.

As mentioned, I don't know that it's him failing so much that it's Miller and Jeanty really stepping up. It really brings into question who our starting LBs are next year. I realize that depends in part on Pollack's neck and Odell's ability to put down the syringe/crackpipe/whatever, but I don't know that both of them would reclaim their jobs anyway.

I must say, I like Jeanty quite a bit.

Brooks was hampered for a little bit with some nagging injuries. Nothing to keep him off the field... but they gave Miller most of the playing time. It just so happened that Miller has played so well that the coaches can't take him back out.

Brooks will get his shot. He's got too much talent. He just needs time to learn.

Look, anything out of Brooks this year was a bonus. And he has given us that. He will have a whole off-season coming up to continue to mature into a linebacking monster. No disaapointment, none, with his development thus far.

I had notice Miller getting more playing time, and it seems when he is on the field, he is a ball seeking missile. I wonder if drafting Brooks light a fire under Millers seat? One would think the way he is playing.

I think drafting brooks had nothing to do with it,Celeb was alrdy a backup nothing change with drafting brooks...but he got his chance and has made the most of it. he got alot of praise from the coachs in the off season and now hes stepping up his game....

I had notice Miller getting more playing time, and it seems when he is on the field, he is a ball seeking missile. I wonder if drafting Brooks light a fire under Millers seat? One would think the way he is playing.

I think drafting brooks had nothing to do with it,Celeb was alrdy a backup nothing change with drafting brooks...but he got his chance and has made the most of it. he got alot of praise from the coachs in the off season and now hes stepping up his game....

Actually, if you'll remember back to training camp (you know when we still had Odell and Pollack), word was that Landon and Caleb were both fighting for jobs.

I for one am happy with how that turned out.

I had (have) high hopes for Ahmad Brooks to be a big contributor to the Bengals.

Has anyone heard how he is taking the "sitting on the bench"? It matters to me whether he is taking it like a man or pouting like a "T.O." If Brooks is being motivated by this move -- GREAT.

I did note that he was not on the active player list for the last game.

I found it interesting when Marvin made the comment "we don't have any scholarship players here" and the following game Brooks gets benched and Kaleb Miller started. That may have been a coincidence or a "message from ML".

Come on Ahmad -- kick it up a notch!! :sure:

Ahmad is taking like a supplemental pick rookie playing for a Super Bowl coach, and who missed all the minicamps, workout sessions, and training camp.