Chad stiffs payton?

Kazkal

STINKO STIFFS PAYTON

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Bengals receiver Chad Johnson a/k/a Ocho Cinco a/k/a Ocho Stinko has stuck Saints coach Sean Payton with the tab for 10 tickets, at $160 each.

Johnson called Payton out of the blue and asked Payton for a favor prior to the Bengals' November 19 game against the Saints at the Superdome. The receiver requested the best seats possible from the Saints head coach, who didn't know Johnson and had never spoken to him previously.

Johnson woke Payton up with a text message in the early morning hours of game day regarding the tickets. Payton came through. Two weeks later, however, Johnson still hasn't paid Payton the $1,600.

Nice one, Chad. Now pay the man, please.

So you call someone "Ocho Stinko" who just broke one of Jerry Rice's records? Uh huh. PFT got that from the Sunday night half time "interview" last night obviously.

I assume he'll pay him, ecspecially after being called out on it, on national TV - I think that caught him just a wee big off guard last night. :)

So you call someone "Ocho Stinko" who just broke one of Jerry Rice's records? Uh huh. PFT got that from the Sunday night half time "interview" last night obviously.

I assume he'll pay him, ecspecially after being called out on it, on national TV - I think that caught him just a wee big off guard last night. :)

Yeah, he said that he'd pay him back.

IMO That was a very un-Costas-like question. The guy is usually on it and is a good interviewer. But to pull that silly Andrea-Kramer (insert useless sideline reporter here) question, my opinion of him went down a notch. :rolleyes:

Check the date stamps on the article - PFT reported the story around noon on Sunday. If anything, either Costas and PFT have the same sources, or it filtered up Costas' way from PFT originally. And lest anyone accuse PFT of fun with the datestamps, I personally read the story well before the interview.

All of which means that Rosenwhore sucks big time. First, it's possible that Chad put him in charge of getting the cash to Payton, and that's why it's late. Second, even if not, then he should have known about the story if it's being reported on a widely-read site. He's got a client doing an interview Sunday night. Rosenwhore should have gotten that money to Payton, or Payton's wife, or his mom, or someone in the Saints' organization before the interview. Or wire the money to Payton's agent. That's what agents are for, right? Keep the client looking good, minimize damage, etc. That way Chad could have said it's taken care of, instead of having a very awkward moment with Costas.

I've never seen one agent crash and burn this fast. Funny though!

i'm surprised this isn't being taken more seriously. coming up with the $1,600 might take some time, sure, but the saints coach could really need that money for any number of things. That's way too much money to just throw around and wait on so casually. Perphaps my sarcasm was not thick enough -- this amount of money is so trivial at the level of those too -- i'm all for the principle of the thing and i'm sure chad will pay the guy . . . but seriously the $1,600 isn't a "hey gimme that right now" sort of thing. Chad will pay for what he bought -- what a waste of airtime.

i'm surprised this isn't being taken more seriously. coming up with the $1,600 might take some time, sure, but the saints coach could really need that money for any number of things. That's way too much money to just throw around and wait on so casually. Perphaps my sarcasm was not thick enough -- this amount of money is so trivial at the level of those too -- i'm all for the principle of the thing and i'm sure chad will pay the guy . . . but seriously the $1,600 isn't a "hey gimme that right now" sort of thing. Chad will pay for what he bought -- what a waste of airtime.

I agree. And one other thing, Sean Payton is the freaking head coach. Does he really have to pay for those tickets or would that be an infraction- a la Mike Tice?

Yeah, he said that he'd pay him back.

IMO That was a very un-Costas-like question. The guy is usually on it and is a good interviewer. But to pull that silly Andrea-Kramer (insert useless sideline reporter here) question, my opinion of him went down a notch. :rolleyes:

I was surprised that Costas would do that. It's like for all of the high standards that he pretends to be about, he came off as deperate to try to start something on national TV. To Chad's credit he kept his composure.

I also heard a comment on the morning radio that Marvin said he would make sure the Payton got his money. Should we all bring a dollar (again!) for Chad on Sunday? :lol: