What about?

I know I might get laughed at, but cmon now, lets face it, since we've moved down, were in prime position to grab BPA

what about Ben Watson, the TE from Georgia?  Is he worth a first round pick?

Well I'm not laughin' at you Squirrely, but I am wondering how anyone could consider anything other than the defensive line with our first pick, no matter where it ends up being at! :blink:

I'm just not buying that Best Player Available line of thought. That's not how you build a team, that's how you collect players for your fantasy team. B)

I don't think we "need" to grab a d-lineman in the first round. It would be nice, but there are plenty of second tier d-linemen available, so we can grab just about anyone. If a good player starts falling, we will probably snap him up no matter his position.

I just don't see that happening, considering the way Cleveland, of all teams, ran roughshod all over our defensive line in the final game. The weak link in this whole Bengals team scenario is undeniably the defensive line. There is no arguement to that fact.

Therefore I have no doubt Marvin will address that aspect first and foremost in the draft. Then again, what do I, or anyone who makes these mocks or draft predictions REALLY know who's gonna draft who come NFL draft day. Unless your name is Mike Brown, or Marvin Lewis...it's all a pycho-babble wish fest! BUT, it does keep people focused on football during the oh so long off season! B)

Well I'm not laughin' at you Squirrely, but I am wondering how anyone could consider anything other than the defensive line with our first pick, no matter where it ends up being at! :blink:

I'm just not buying that Best Player Available line of thought. That's not how you build a team, that's how you collect players for your fantasy team. B)

Oh, I think They may well grab an offesive lineman like Grove with the first pick...Center is a real need, especially when the rest of the line is signed up for years to come....I think the quality of the d-line that is available at the bottom of round 1 is much better than what would be avaiable in 2 or 3, this draft is pretty deep for d-linemen...

grove with the first pick? you sir are nuts. Here is my best scenerio:

24th pick, get a DL or troupe.

Trade a 4th and a 2nd to move up in the 2nd and get grove or someone that slipped from r1 to 2, mb the corner from oklahoma...ove been drinking so i cant think of names...straight! thats it

What about...Sean Jones?

We al know Marvin is a BPA kinda guy, and "Hair" Kiper has Jones as No. 24 on his big board. Boylhart over at the huddle report thinks he's just a touch behind Sean Taylor.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/p...s/SeanJones.htm

Safety isn't our biggest need...but Herring and Beckett aren't going to scare anyone, and Jones is just the kind of guy Lewis and Frazier like: big and plays either safety spot.

grove with the first pick? you sir are nuts.  Here is my best scenerio:

24th pick, get a DL or troupe.

Trade a 4th and a 2nd to move up in the 2nd and get grove or someone that slipped from r1 to 2, mb the corner from oklahoma...ove been drinking so i cant think of names...straight! thats it

Nuts? Probably, but not cause I think Grove is a great choice at 24.

I don't expect to see grove get past the bottom of round 1, he is the best center in the draft, and definately worth a late 1st round choice. Rich is only signed for 1 year, and is 33 on top of that....There is no other center in the draft that can compare to Grove...However there are good DT's to be had in the 2nd and third rounds....(especially the 3rd where we have two picks now, and maybe more come draft day...) Everybody talks about grabbing a running back, screw that, build a line that any damn scrub can run behind and not give up the sacks on Palmer so he can get the ball downfield to Chad and company, you'll have an offense that will scare the hell out of every defense in the NFL...

Besides, you don't want to give up picks just to move up a few slots....Cheap labour is good, besides Marvin has shown he can work the draft, and that's how you build the core of a team....

Actually Kevnz, I'll disagree with you, I think Alex Stepanovich would be an ideal pick somewhere in round 3 ! He's just as good as Grove, better in certain areas that Grove isn't and vice/versa. Both are strong, and good leaders, but Stepanovich hits moving targets better, while Grove gets to the second level better. Either way, # 24 is too high for a center. -

* Judging by all things that have happened in Free Agency, and such, Marvin and Co. have put themselves in a position to either grab a DT or a DE. Odom solves the long term solution to Duane Clemons, and Carl Powell. and Tubbs, or Starks serve the long term needs as Tony Williams replacements.-

* Not sold on us taking a Tight End there, especially after resigning Tony Stewart this past week. But I wouldn't be surprised if we did. Troupe has great athletic ability and Watson has tremendous speed for a Tight End. - But Watson has been inconsistent, so 24 isn't a safe place to get him at.

* someone mentioned earlier that another trade down was an option. B)

Actually Kevnz, I'll disagree with you, I think Alex Stepanovich would be an ideal pick somewhere in round 3 ! He's just as good as Grove, better in certain areas that Grove isn't and vice/versa. Both are strong, and good leaders, but Stepanovich hits moving targets better, while Grove gets to the second level better. Either way, # 24 is too high for a center. -

* Judging by all things that have happened in Free Agency, and such, Marvin and Co. have put themselves in a position to either grab a DT or a DE. Odom solves the long term solution to Duane Clemons, and Carl Powell. and Tubbs, or Starks serve the long term needs as Tony Williams replacements.-

* Not sold on us taking a Tight End there, especially after resigning Tony Stewart this past week. But I wouldn't be surprised if we did. Troupe has great athletic ability and Watson has tremendous speed for a Tight End. - But Watson has been inconsistent, so 24 isn't a safe place to get him at.

* someone mentioned earlier that another trade down was an option. B)

Well I'd be happy to see a trade down to even lower in the first round, but Grove won't make it past round 1....I'll admit I'm probably a bit biased about Grove cause he's a hokie....But The Center postion really worries me, even more so than the DT postition...Not the the D-line doesn't worry me, but if Richie get's injured who do you want snapping the ball to Palmer?