No Matter what the ravens record we OWN the afc north

schnarfer

Yes, and even if the Ravens have way more wins and go to the superbowl and win their second ring in a decade, the Bengals will still be the better team.

I agree with Bart Scott though, you can be the better team like you were last time, we'll take the win, just like last time.

I do hate the better team talk... Don't say it until the team shows it. It might have been semi-warranted against the Steelers in the playoff game last season given the whole Palmer deal... but IMO nothing this season has ocurred to suggest any Bengal deserves to call his team the better of the two.

Yes, and even if the Ravens have way more wins and go to the superbowl and win their second ring in a decade, the Bengals will still be the better team.

I agree with Bart Scott though, you can be the better team like you were last time, we'll take the win, just like last time.

The Bengals weren't clicking then, they are now. Also, that game was played in Washington DC's sewer (ie, Baltimore) - you won't have that luxury again this time, you're in the Jungle. Carson reacts better to pressure better than Worthlessburger does, too, so don't dust off your game plan from last week.

Actually, it should be interesting. You guys just crushed a bad Pitt team, we crushed a bad Brownies team, let's see who's real.

If we were to lose tonight - and at the moment, I am optimistic that we won't - that 10-2 record becomes 10-3.

a ratio like 10-3 still seems dominant, right?

But at 10-3, we almost assuredly miss the playoffs this year.

Frankly, it doesn't matter how many of the last 12 division games we have won. We need - we must - win this one.

the Ravens weren't "clicking" when they won last time out against Cincinnati either.

you guys were the better team last year and we have tonite's game for you to try and even the ledger. regardless, we're still in control of the division, so you have a lot more work to do than just tonite.

if Chad was talking smack, I'd buy it, when TJ Wheresyourhelmet talks trash, I think he's just bitter about getting played by an undrafted rookie nickelback to seal the game......

I don't think anyone can argue they are both good teams. The difference this year has mainly been that the breaks are going for the Ravens and aginst the Bengals. We get a couple of breaks and our records would be pretty close to the same. You guys have close to 3 or 4 ping pong touchdown passes this year, while we're losing on bad roughing the passer and pass interference calls.

Not making excuses, but the breaks have gone your way this year, but sometimes that happens when you put yourself in position to win.

the Ravens weren't "clicking" when they won last time out against Cincinnati either.

you guys were the better team last year and we have tonite's game for you to try and even the ledger. regardless, we're still in control of the division, so you have a lot more work to do than just tonite.

if Chad was talking smack, I'd buy it, when TJ Wheresyourhelmet talks trash, I think he's just bitter about getting played by an undrafted rookie nickelback to seal the game......

Dude your nuts, as long as the calls are called correctly TJ will show your D whats up. Don't be pissed because TJ destroys your D every outing, except the last game. TJ 2 TD's and 105 yds.

I would rather own another AFCN division title that would make it legit as of now you have to say the Ravens are the better team because they do have a better record than we do against the same opponents...if you look back before the last 12 games what were the division records then when we sucked...I believe we should have won the game in B-more, but we didn't so I will give them there due for right now...I was actually hoping that the Steelers would win at kickoff of that game to see if we could close the gap, but when I saw they way the Ravens were beating the s**t out of the Steelers, I was like YEAH, if you are going to win anyway way make them pay...

Arizona, please write more posts...especially this week. I just can't wait to see your new avatar.

:lmao:

Here use this one.

billickvj1.jpg

when TJ Wheresyourhelmet talks trash, I think he's just bitter about getting played by an undrafted rookie nickelback to seal the game......

TJ found his helmet by the way....and where was that rookie last night?

tjvravensyf9.jpg

And Jam here is a new one for you too.

jlewisbf4.jpg

They may have beaten more teams than us but unless they beat us thursday we are still the better team. Injuries have killed us and the numbers over the last 2 years in divsion games tells the story. We are getting healthy and gelling...I would be very nervous to come into the jungle at this point....

Better make that 11-2 for the division.

And what is that vs. the Ravens? 4 of the last 5?

I feel pretty crappy about the loss last night, b/c we played a crappy game. I will give the Bengals the respect due, they played better last night and won the game. But I won't take any talk claiming the Bengals are a dominant team and own the Ravens.

We'll meet again the playoffs and see what happens.

I will give the Bengals the respect due, they played better last night and won the game. But I won't take any talk claiming the Bengals are a dominant team and own the Ravens.

Oh, you'll take the talk alright. After all, this is a Bengal board and visiting guests don't dictate policy. Besides, after reading countless recaps of the game it seems certain that all the world is in agreement about one important thing. That being, the Ravens smell like old cheese.

:lol:

I feel pretty crappy about the loss last night, b/c we played a crappy game. I will give the Bengals the respect due, they played better last night and won the game. But I won't take any talk claiming the Bengals are a dominant team and own the Ravens.

We'll meet again the playoffs and see what happens.

So I guess all those years of losing to the Ravens really means that they weren't dominant and didn't own us either. That's cool. :sure:

I hate to tell you this but you sound a little like some of our Steeler posters when you say things like that.

If we had played well, and lost, it would have been a different story. It's like our last game. The big picture was it was a loss, but you all wouldn't stop about how you had spotted us 14 points. You didn't feel you were beat by the better team. Likewise, our offense didn't didn't score b/c of your defense, our offense didn't score b/c of our offense. You can claim it's due to your defense, but having watched every Ravens game for years and years, that offense Thursday night looked like classic Ravens awful offense, and not the new offense we've seen this year.

Also, I don't think I've ever claimed that the Ravens own the Bengals. We used to own the Titans and Broncos, but that has faded into the past. I think I've even admitted that the Bengals are the one team I worry about.

Also, I'm not dictating policy, you can say whatever you want. I'm just saying that it won't have an emotional impact on me, so you might as well save the energy.

And, if you ever, ever, compare me to a Steelers' fan again, I will hunt you down and go Gears of War on your ass.

The Bengals offense did everything but gift wrap a win for the Ratbirds but they couldn't take it.

Still, it's a huge moral victory for Billick & Co. They didn't get blown away. So they didn't have to face the facts after the fact and the delusion that they got a legit contender will continue....until maybe next week.

Course any fluke is possible....The Steelers did win the Super Bowl last year. :wacko:

The Rat D is solid but not on par with the 2000 team...more like the 2006 Raiders. However, the Rat O does indeed look like it's the equal of that 2000 team. :lol:

If we had played well, and lost, it would have been a different story. It's like our last game. The big picture was it was a loss, but you all wouldn't stop about how you had spotted us 14 points. You didn't feel you were beat by the better team. Likewise, our offense didn't didn't score b/c of your defense, our offense didn't score b/c of our offense. You can claim it's due to your defense, but having watched every Ravens game for years and years, that offense Thursday night looked like classic Ravens awful offense, and not the new offense we've seen this year.

Also, I don't think I've ever claimed that the Ravens own the Bengals. We used to own the Titans and Broncos, but that has faded into the past. I think I've even admitted that the Bengals are the one team I worry about.

Also, I'm not dictating policy, you can say whatever you want. I'm just saying that it won't have an emotional impact on me, so you might as well save the energy.

And, if you ever, ever, compare me to a Steelers' fan again, I will hunt you down and go Gears of War on your ass.

Oh, don't mind HOF, he's just ribbing ya. Not to hurt your feelings, but thursday, you guys were the worst 9-3 team I've ever seen