Fanene activated; Perry to IR-merged

TJJackson

http://bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5719

Perry to IR; Fanene activated

November 28, 2006

Posted: 10:05 a.m.

Perry

Fanene

The Bengals have placed running back Chris Perry on the Reserve/Injured list, ending his playing eligibility for 2006, and activated defensive end Jonathan Fanene (“fuh-NAY-nay”) to the 53-player roster from the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list.

Perry suffered a right ankle injury with a fibula fracture in Sunday’s game at Cleveland. Perry played in six games this season with one start, posting 57 rushing yards on 10 carries, 9 pass receptions for 42 yards and 21 kickoff returns for a 19.6-yard average.

Fanene (6-4, 295; Utah) is a second-year NFL player. He had been on Reserve/PUP due to continued rehab from a hamstring injury suffered May 30 during offseason work. He practiced with the team the past three weeks on a roster exemption.

Manderino

BENGALS PRACTICE SQUAD MOVE

The Bengals have signed rookie fullback Chris Manderino to the practice squad. Manderino (6-0, 233; California) opened 2006 training camp with the Bengals as a college free agent and played in all four preseason games, with a 3-yard TD on a pass reception and three rushes for 11 yards. He was waived on Sept. 2.

So a question to all: Is Fanene the 3-4 DE we are looking for? Does he give us the option to go 3-4 on certain downs and situations?

I believe the Bengals activated Fanene the play a 3-4 next week vs. the Colts. The Colts have lost 3 straight vs. 3-4 opponents (San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Dallas) and Fanene is a perfect 3-4 DE.

Doesn't New England play part 3-4? I'm pretty sure Indy beat them this year so that statement is false. I don't think we have the personel to play a 3-4 now; maybe at the beginning of the season but not now.

Your right I had forgotten about the Patriots but it isn't like the Colts haven't had problems with the Patriots in the past.

I think that the 3-4 gives confuses Peyton a little which delays his decision making enough to get some pressure. What is most missed when evaluating the Colts is Peyton's quick release and the effect it has on the defensive front seven, he has the fastest release since Marino.

I knew they saw something in fanene! <3 for pekos buddy.Who needs pitcock we have fanene who probbley could put on more weight for DT if needed....

I could see him being a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT (lighter one but damn he weighs asmuch as JT and Brob.)

but then again our DE's have been dropping in coverage alot recently.

DE-JT-fanene

NT-Sam Adams-shaun smith

DE-Brob-Peko

OLB--Justin Smith-miller

ILB-Simmons-AJ

ILB- Landon-AJ

OLB-Ahmad Brooks / Geathers

Not a prewatty 3-4 but only way really see them doing it.