Ed Reed on our offense...

Whur CHad At?

Said Reed: "It just seems that, while they still want to be a deep-ball team, they've been more patient this year. I don't know why. I'll let them try to explain it. But it seems like they're trying to put more drives together this year rather than going for the quick score."
From the ESPN.com article.

Where is the deep ball, it works, why cant we do it more often

Said Reed: "It just seems that, while they still want to be a deep-ball team, they've been more patient this year. I don't know why. I'll let them try to explain it. But it seems like they're trying to put more drives together this year rather than going for the quick score."
From the ESPN.com article.

Where is the deep ball, it works, why cant we do it more often

I agree, when they used the deep ball it was effective. However, I don't see Carson and Chad in sync this season like the last.

Carson has thrown some nice ones to Henry and TJ. Chad seems to be complaining about it alot. However, everytime I saw Carson go to Chad last week he either overthrown him or expected him to do something and he did another. Chad seems to be one stride shorter this year than last.

I blame the coaches, and here me out. You wanna know what would give Carson more time to throw the deep ball with less rush......survey says.......DING, a consistent running game. I, for the life of me can't figure out why we aren't running more than throwing deep off play action. Take some pressure off your Oline, let them pound it out, and freeze a blitz on a play action for fear of another run.

I haven't liked our gameplan once this year

Yeah he typically doesn't have the time or situation to make more than one or two deep throws a game. If your offense is dependent on that to score, you're in trouble any ways.

Lapham mentioned Palmer has trouble throwing accurately to his left side also still because of his knee - where CJ is normally lined-up.

Teams are going after Carson's knee - he's gun shy - can't blame him - his lineman get pushed back into him and he has no room to step into throws or work.

Part of this is indeed a coaching/adjustment issue, everyone can see it, but nothing changes week to week. If this 0-line is so great and worth all of this $ they threw at Williams and Willie, and used day one draft picks on their other two - then why can't they consistently block any body? Why? What kind of excuses do we have here for these guys?

not carsons fault. they got rid of all 7 step drop plays bc he was getting killed, chad's scared now, and we have not had our 4 player threat pckage on the field the most games b/c injury or suspension. Carson has been impatient though, and some of throws have been a little off, but chad pulled off that 1st int last game! WATCH IT AGAIN! he short stepped it,threw his arms out but kept his body in tight! hes pulled off a few balls now, like carolina down deep he went out rather then take the hit! i dont like it but there i said it!