This Loss really really really pisses me off....

MiamiOH91604

I usually dont go off about our Bengals after a loss but I tell you what: WE looked terrible. Yeah so our offense put up some "points" but we didnt run the ball, didnt try to control the clock, didnt play a lick of Defense, and still look like a second-tier team.

I am very very very upset with this year's team. Not because of "injuries"..tahts just an excuse. every team gets injuries. Our schemes are what is screwing us up. Marvin Lewis STILL hasnt gotten our defense in position to stop people.

New Orleans completely shut down Vick earlier this season---are u telling me they have better defensive players than us? Hell no. They jsut game planned better.

I think Marvin has lost this team...or is losing them quickly....

I think he made terrible moves in the offseason, our draft picks dont look that spectacular (havent you noticd other teams rookies making an impact THIS year and ours hasnt?)

Maybe I am taking this loss harder because there isnt one team or one player I hate more in the league than Mike Vick. Seriously cannot stand the guy, and all the trash that comes with him

Rudi Johnson is a top 10 back in the league and we arent running him.

I'm gonna go puke now.

When you only get the ball 3-4 times a half, you don't get much of a chance to run the ball or get in a groove and figure out a defense - when time's ticking away and you're down by two scores in the 2nd half, that compounds itself.

Whatever the reason, if a team controls the ball for a whole quarter longer than your offense - and you still score 27 points - your defense is sucking it up bad.

Although I think if Carson has better protection he steps into some of those throws he missed and doesn't throw so many bad ones.

O-line and defense have real issues, probably will all year, not sure how it gets fixed.

The loss to Tampa Bay really pi$$ed me off. That's the one that can come back and bite them in the a$$.

Now a loss to the Ratbirds next week....That would be failure. The Bengals still have the chance to control their own destiny in the North. Hopefully, the garbage the team has gone through will finally be all the way out of their system because it's going to have to be if they want the W.

The Bengals control their destiny, but I can't see them winning all of the games that they have to. Ravens defense has been rebuilt to control Cincinnati, and the Ravens are going to be insane next week with the division champs coming in. The Bengals at some point have to play up to their hype.

No doubt the Rats are on a roll and are vastly improved on both sides of the ball from last year. But after facing the speed of the Dirty Birds yesterday, I would expect that the Rats offense will look like it's moving in slow motion for the Bengals. The Bengals D should have a field day come Sunday. :bengal:

Now the Bengals offense is another matter. The 27 points was great to see but obviously there's no comparison between the defenses. Palmer is going to have is hardest, most physically brutal test yet this year. It'd be great if Rudi can take some of the load off but I don't think he can until the Bengals passing game helps open up the box for him to get through creases. This should be a game where field position is even more crucial than normal.

Regardless, this coming game is the game of the year so far and I expect a bloodbath.

I could write a million word rant complaining about the way the Bengal offense played against the Falcons, but I'd just be repeating the things that Rudi Johnson and Willie Anderson have already said.

So all I'll add is that after watching the game it seemed to me that the Bengal coaches were more interested in getting the passing game back on track than wearing down and eventually beating an opponent.

What happened to the patient running game that the Bengals featured early in the season?

didn't play a lick of Defense

So what else is new? Until the Bengals get a defense as good as the offense, get used to losing games like they did on Sunday. The way the league is now with all this "parity," you must have balance.