Dillon

B24

that is true with dillion in the game the offense would have been more than 1 demensional on running the ball and the bills defence would have keyed on him and helped us open it up ( BUT IT WAS A GOOD GAME ) not the outcome i wanted but still not a blowout

70 yards rushing might not be the worst total, but the real problem can seen in the YPC, Johnson, Johnson and Bennet ended up with 27 carries and 70 yards, which works out to be a dismal 2.6 avg. While Travis Henry got 85 yards on 25 carries for a low 3.4 avg, but he also scored a TD and 3.4 avg may not be pretty, but it gets the job done when you can have Drew Bledsoe drop back and throw the ball.

I'm not sure having Corey in would have made a great deal of difference. Play calling was so predictable that the ground game couldn't get going. I forget how many times as I sat there watching the game, I turned to my friend next to me (a Bills fan) and said, "third-and-short, here comes a run that'll get stuffed in the backfield," and presto! there it was. First time Kitna actually threw a pass on third and short I almost fainted.

Bennett's fumble hurt too. That was a bad call by the officials, IMHO, but they were throwing all kinds of bad flags yesterday on both sides.

Yea, however, you can tell we're getting more calls our way. When you look at it, refs are still human. They make mistakes and play some favoritism. So, yea, refs are slowly but surely getting better. There is one exception in my mind, tho. The raiders loss was the refs fault (not to sound like a stereotypical bengals fan or anything XD).

I'm not sure having Corey in would have made a great deal of difference. Play calling was so predictable that the ground game couldn't get going. I forget how many times as I sat there watching the game, I turned to my friend next to me (a Bills fan) and said, "third-and-short, here comes a run that'll get stuffed in the backfield," and presto! there it was. First time Kitna actually threw a pass on third and short I almost fainted.

I'd say the playcalling would have been a little different with a healthy Dillon in the game.

Lewis said he was going to have to run a slightly different game plan without Dillon in the lineup and try to go with Rudi's strengths. It just didn't work out all the time.

I'd say the playcalling would have been a little different with a healthy Dillon in the game.

Could be, tho I didn't see much difference. The Bengals are depressignly predictable in short yardage situations: run, run, run. It drives me nuts, especially on the goal line. How many times have we seen them get a first down inside the five and then run the ball three times for no gain and kick a chip shot FG (or run it 4 times and turn it over on downs)? Not that it's completely the fault of the playcalling; the o-line could quit playing "pulling" games that never work, too.

Bottom line, tho, is that I really miss that guy in your avatar and his play action fakes. Works of art, they were.