3-0?

combatbengal

OK, can we beat the Super Bowl champs and go 3-0? I think so. 1st we have some guys hurt but we have some debt on this team. If we get TJ back this week, we'll have another strong weapon, which should take some preasure off of Chad! The Steelers lost a hard fought game and will be out to make a point. However, I think Ben is still sore from the surgery. Our Def won't have to deal with the Bus and we'll be able to control Parker. Will this be a blow out, no way, it'll be a tough fought game but the Bengals will come out with the W. How will we do this? Hit them hard early, control the ball and clock and let them play catch up. They didn't score any points monday and I know our Def is just as good as Jax!

I do expect us to win the game, on the strength of Carson's best outing so far this year, and a consistent running attack. They'll probably be able to move the ball too, but I'm looking for the Bengals defense to get some takeaways. Ben won't be as bad as he was against the Jaguars, but I could still see him struggling.

I don't think our defense can compare with the one in Jacksonville though.

I know our Def is just as good as Jax!

Whoa! Let's not go too far. The Bengal's O is better, but no way is the D as good. On top of that the Bengals lose two starters on D. Losing Dexter Jackson will hurt. The Bengals will need to outscore the Steelers plain and simple. The Bengals will not come close to shutting out the Steelers. I'll be happy if they hold them under 25.

Whoa! Let's not go too far. The Bengal's O is better, but no way is the D as good. On top of that the Bengals lose two starters on D. Losing Dexter Jackson will hurt. The Bengals will need to outscore the Steelers plain and simple. The Bengals will not come close to shutting out the Steelers. I'll be happy if they hold them under 25.

Agreed. Oh, I want our D to be as good ... and they may even end up as good (hoping). But to say our D is just as good as Jacksonville right now is not true. I refuse to be like the average Steeler fan and always see my team as the best at everything even when the rest of the sane world knows better. This is just another example of tempering wishes with facts.

All that said ... I understand the passion!

Agreed. Oh, I want our D to be as good ... and they may even end up as good (hoping). But to say our D is just as good as Jacksonville right now is not true. I refuse to be like the average Steeler fan and always see my team as the best at everything even when the rest of the sane world knows better. This is just another example of tempering wishes with facts.

All that said ... I understand the passion!

If our D is better, then I expect something like 31-17 or 31-21. I think our D IS better, but that is really the question, isn't it? Now with the injuries, that is the big question mark.

If (because of the injuries) we are as good or just marginally better, then I expect much the same as last year in Pit, very high score with turnovers determining who has the ball most and therefore scores the most. :bengal:

Who Dey!

The Jags have the best front 7 in the league. Pittsburgh is a running, it makes sense that they lost.

We have an average/solid front 7. I'm still not sure because we have played 2 teams with tremendous o-line problems. Sam Adams is filling space, but if Willie Parker consistently gets to the secondary we're in trouble. Simmons needs to play, and Landon should be good.

I think we'll win, but it could be close if Pitt controls the clock. If we really have improved our front 7, then we roll. Pitt doesn't have the defense to stop Palmer, even with our injuries. The only thing that would kill us would be losing the turnover battle, but Palmer should settle in.