All-Time Bengals - #1 Wide Receiver

Kirkendall

Who is the best #1 Wide Receiver in Bengals history?

I dunno....I only started really watching when Carl Pickens hit the scene

Chad Johnson is good, but has only scratched the surface

Ive never seen Issac play....but I guess Ill go with him, he held the records for a while...

Chad Johnson is obviously the best receiver we have had in a while. He beats Pickens hands down.

The only other receiver who would even be close to him in talent was Collinsworth. However, Collinsworth still isn't the player Chad is.

As far as others that should be considered:

Isaac Curtis

Cris Collinsworth

Darnay Scott

Peter Warrick

Kelley Washington (he will be at least!)

In my opinion, Pickens doesn't even make the list because while he was a good receiver, he had serious attitude problems, and is disqualified because he is an asshat!

1. Isaac Curtis

2. Eddie Brown

3. Carl Pickens

4. Cris Collinsworth (who had the best end zone celebration...ever) First TD he scored, he flubbed the spike. From then on, he made Munoz his official spiker and handed the ball off to him everytime he scored so the big man (our best player...ever) could get the spike. Classic.

For honorable mention, I always liked Tim McGee and Darnay Scott who were never great, but always one of the best #2 WR's in the league for any team to have.

What about an honorable mention for Pat McInally?

Nothing better than having your punter contribute ofensively. :)

Good point, but then we'd have to consider Munoz as well .............. and then we'd have to consider Boomers blocking skills..

This one is a dead heat ............ Curtis and Collinsworth.

Eddie Brown was good as well, but he wasn't the deep threat that Collinsworth was and he wasn't as good at reacting to the ball as Curtis was. ( imho ) Pickens quit, so he doesn't figure in.

If they can maintain the level of play, we may be looking at our best set of receivers right now. CJ has established his talent, now he just needs to prove his durability. KWash is showing flashes, and now he needs to show he can do it consistently and when called on to do so.

Chad! CHad! CHAd! CHAD!cHAD! chAD! chaD! chad! He is almost the perfect reciever. He has unlimited potential and great physical ability. give him 2-3 more years and redo this poll and many of these votes will be for Chad.

Even though Pickens was an ass he was great so i probably go with him.

Issaac Curtis= before my time

Michael Westbrook ........ (and then he was gone).

Redsfan... I cannot believe you just said Eddie Brown wasn't as good a deep threat as Collinsworth was.. :angry: ,

--That's just mind numbing to hear that , that really is. Eddie Brown didn't have the sure hands that CC had, but Collinsworth couldn't beat EB in a foot race if he took a BUS !.

-- Eddie still holds the team record for Yards Per Catch. '88 he led the league with an incredible 23 + yards a catch...

* I guess we're just gonna have to seriously disagree with that one.** Don't forget, in the '85 draft we took Brown over Rice, because of Brown's 4.3 speed.!

But since most teams carry 5-6 wr's on an active roster.. Here's my 6.

1.Carl Pickens

2.Eddie Brown

3.Cris Collinsworth

4.Isaac Curtis

5.Timmy Mcgee

6.Darney Scott

---- McGee could be our Kick Returner.. and Pickens could punt return... Anyone remember his 96 yard return his rookie year..??

agree with chris: nobody ran down eddie brown in the open field.

as a 32 year-old believer, here's my top five:

1. Curtis -- not even a debate in my mind.

2. Pickens -- a total jackass, but can't ignore his numbers

3. Collinsworth -- best clutch receiver in franchise history

4. Brown -- best consistent deep threat in franchise history

5. Pat McNally -- god love him for taking that hit against the browns way back when and coming back to play. he forever earned my respect.

Redsfan... I cannot believe you just said Eddie Brown wasn't as good a deep threat as Collinsworth was.. :angry: ,

--That's just mind numbing to hear that , that really is. Eddie Brown didn't have the sure hands that CC had, but Collinsworth couldn't beat EB in a foot race if he took a BUS !.

Nope ! Not going to disagree on this one. You're right about Browns numbers and speed, and it was his ( Collinsworths ) hands that I was referring to. For all his " aw shucks " looks and attitude, he was also always ready to go toe to toe with defenders and give a shot when he got the chance. Only one better than Collinsworth at taking the ball away from a defender was Pickens .......... when he felt like it.

Didn't mean to numb your mind, but I am curious ......... at exactly what point did you realize that it was numb ???????? and is it better now B) ?????????????

I'm w/ Boomer77 and LaryyKinnebrew:

1. Curtis

2. Pickens

3. Collinsworth

4. Brown

I thought long and hard about this thread, so here's mine:

#1: Isaac Curtis...old school greatness.

#2: Chad Johnson...I see alot of Curtis in this flashy reciever.

#3: Cris Collinsworth...Nobody ran a better route to throw to on a clutch third and long.

#4: Carl Pickens...I hate him, but he excelled when the Bengals couldn't.

there is no way in hell u can list pickens after scott. scott was always the number 2 when pickens was here, and he hardly did anything till after he left.

Curtis #1

Pickens #2

CJ #3

Collinsworth #4

Brown #5

and i cant believe none of u dont have TJ on that list with his career ZERO touchdowns.