Why Alex Smith will never be a star.........

NYBengalfan

Not to wish a bad career upon A. Smith, but I would love to see the painful existence that is the 49er's organization, continue for many more years !!!

WHODEY !!!

I agree....completely. Its their karma for having Joe Montana.and the crooked owners..and then beating the Bengals in the Super B. I live in the Bay Area. I watched Joe beat the Bengals way back. I have always enjoyed their defeats and miscues much more than the Oakland Raiders. I have also watch Alex Smith play. Don't sell him short. He plays behind a horrible offensive line. Carson would look like crap with happy feet too if he had that kind of line. It doesn't help that he has receivers who can't get open either. Vernon Davis is nice, but they need him to block and save Alex from the pass rush.

Forgot one other mitigating factor for Alex. Have you seen the 49'ers bell cow running back? Kevin Barlow. They can't run the ball. I'd rather have Dee Dee Dorsey than Barlow. So the 49'er cant block, can't run and can't protect Aex Smith. Put him behind the Bengals Oline and he'd be a star.

Frank Gore should be an upgrade over Barlow... I don't expect much at all from Smith though...

He might have had a crappy offense around him, but having a turnover to touchdown ratio of 22/1 (that's right, 11 interceptions and 11 fumbles... just one touchdown pass) is HORRIBLE, even for a rookie.

Frank Gore should be an upgrade over Barlow... I don't expect much at all from Smith though...

He might have had a crappy offense around him, but having a turnover to touchdown ratio of 22/1 (that's right, 11 interceptions and 11 fumbles... just one touchdown pass) is HORRIBLE, even for a rookie.

Like I said(1999)#11 A.Smith=(2005) #11A.Smith

Karma is a bitch!!!!!!