Ohio State/Texas - Round 2

Stripes

Another great football weekend... Buckeyes and Longhorns, Bengals and Chiefs.

Who's gonna win the college matchup loaded with National Championship implications? My homer self says the Buckeyes win it, on the strength of a surprising defensive performance and a monster game from Ted Ginn Jr.

Colt McCoy will soon learn that a Jim Tressel defense is quite different from a North Texas defense.

I'm worried about the Longhorns running game though. Our defense is still gelling, and there's no denying that Garrett Wolfe had the best of them last week.

I didn't get to watch the game, when were defensive substitutions made? After getting torched for 285 all-purpose yds, I HOPE the sloppiness came from thinking about Texas.

The defense is still going to need some time, but Tressel will have them ready to go for this weekends game and if Wolfe wasn't the difference maker for NIU getting a win, I'm not worried about any Texas RB...

WHODEY !!!

Wolfe unfortunately exposed a weakness in the Buckeye defense that the Longhorns are strong in. I do believe that Tressle will work hard this week on fixing the problem in preparation for the game this weekend. But if the defense doesn't improve, then this game will be a shootout which I think the Bucks will win because of the explosive offense. However, Mack Brown stated today that Terrell Brown will not play against the Bucks this weekend. He was projected to defend Ted Ginn, Jr. This could be the difference in the game.

GO BUCKS!!!

I hope to see OSU pull out of Texas with a victory. I think Tressel has the upper hand in this game. He didn't reveal a whole lot in the season opener on offense and defense. While Texas was showing their guns, Tressel can just sit back and look at all notes/film, while UT gets a look at some pretty basic packages and plays.

OSU wins with the Ace up their sleeve...

All these asshats are talking about down here is how Tressel made the comment that he voted Texas as #1 in HIS coaches ballot, only to find out, in fact, he hadn't. Now they are calling him a liar and just bashing him in general. Anything to take the heat off of the Longhorns, their thugs, and the fact Brown made the decision to take players out of the game. I really hope the Buckeyes kick the sh*t out of these f*ckers !!!

WHODEY !!!

I am an idiot. Of course, I thought the OSU/Texas game was at 3, and the Penn State/ND game was tonight, so I agreed to have a night out with the girl. Wine tasting no less. Idiot. Me.

Broke the rule of needing to know the game times !!! I'm sorry dude !!!

Do they serve beer instead of wine ??

WHODEY !!!

Texans also had a freshman QB who was only starting his 2nd game :P

You mean the Longhorns right ?? :P Funny how before the game everyone (Including ANALysts) were saying how Ohio State was going to have a hard time and regardless of the "freshman QB" would handle the Buckeyes in Austin. Now it's their excuse ?? Sounds like a bunch of Steelers fans !!! Ohio State just proved why they are the #1 team in the country and their defense isn't as bad as most people thought !!!

WHODEY !!!

Looks like smooth sailing for the Buckeyes until they play at Iowa. That will be tough, but so was this one.

Tressel's offensive play calling annoys me sometimes, but he might be the best coach in college football.

iowa your kidding right ? iowa is not on the same level as ohio state they got very lucky that they did not lose to the syracuse orange . :lmao:

Looks like smooth sailing for the Buckeyes until they play at Iowa. That will be tough, but so was this one.

Tressel's offensive play calling annoys me sometimes, but he might be the best coach in college football.

iowa your kidding right ? iowa is not on the same level as ohio state they got very lucky that they did not lose to the syracuse orange . :lmao:

I watched this game and if Iowa had thier #1 QB in the game it would not even have been close.

I watched this game and if Iowa had thier #1 QB in the game it would not even have been close.

iowa with tater salad is not even close to the buckeyes don't kid yourself osu will smash iowa . michigan is our toughest test

What a cakewalk for the Bucs. Ginn looked 100 times better this time around and Troy Smith ran the offense to a tee. Gotta like the game Gonzalez had too, showing that he's a legit next level possession receiver with great route running skills.

The Longhorns look out of luck this year. Colt McCoy won't be confused with Vince Young anytime soon. Texas had most of it's offensive weapons from last year minus Young. Their D looked much worse than expected.

Was I the only one who got sick of hearing them say Vince Young this Vince Young that ?? Even heard them make the comment that McCoy had some big shoes to fill in the fact that he follows not only the QB of the defending National Champions, but "Possibly the best college QB of all time in Young"... Best college QB of ALL FREAKIN TIME ?? Poor McCoy !!!

WHODEY !!!

• 3 weeks later...

iowa with tater salad is not even close to the buckeyes don't kid yourself osu will smash iowa . michigan is our toughest test

like i said iowa not even close this game was over when OHIO STATE scored there 21st point before the half . iowa got smashed !