MNF: Who will have the dumbest comment?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. MNF Talking Heads

• Tony Kornheiser
    • Joe Theisman
    • Mike Tirico
    • Suzie Colber
    • Michelle Tafoya

Do you think it will be Tony Kornheiser, Joe Theisman, Mike Tirico, Suzie Colber, or Michelle Tafoya to say the most annoying thing or have the most idiotic insight / interview? What will it be?

Ok let me try...

Some typical Theisman comments:

1. Carson hurt his knee real bad last year.

2. Just like me, Carson won the Heisman trophy.

3. Sam Adams is really big!

4. Levi Jones is one of the greatest left tackles is football.

5. Marvin Lewis really wants to win a Super Bowl as head coach.

6. Chad likes to celebrate after TD's.

7. This crowd is really buzzing for a preseason game!

8. There is bad blood between the Bengals and stealers!

9. Marvin Lewis is a defensive mastermind.

10. The Bengals have had alot of off the field troubles.

:bengal:

Ok let me try...

11. My name is Joe Theisman I don't know how I ever did good playing football because I am an idiot.

Obviously Theismann, and he'll find some way to use Palmer's injury to talk incessantly about his own broken leg. He's probably walking around saying stupid things right now, as we are working (and goofing off).

That will probably be the most irritating thing he says. The stupidest thing he will say will be something like, "Both these teams have a strategy, and that strategy is to score points and win the game." That's what passes for insight in the Theismann pea-brain.

Tom

Gotta agree with the majority here. Theisman is an idiot. I don't think he's ever done a broadcast without saying something stupid.

I like Kornheiser though. I don't always agree with his opinion, but I do respect his intelligence. He actually seems to know a thing or two about sports, and adds a touch of humor to the broadcast.

Gotta agree with the majority here. Theisman is an idiot. I don't think he's ever done a broadcast without saying something stupid.

I like Kornheiser though. I don't always agree with his opinion, but I do respect his intelligence. He actually seems to know a thing or two about sports, and adds a touch of humor to the broadcast.

I agree Kornheiser has a great sports mind and Ive been impressed with what he has done in the preseason.

The only reason why I have voted for him is because I would notice if he has said anything dumb, becasue dumb comments is what ESPN football is notorious for.

Does anybody really listen to Suzie Colber or Michelle Tafoya, or are they just eye candy? Actually, I believe I've read good reviews for at least one of them, but I cannot for the life of me remember any of their interviews

Suzie: Suzie Kolber

Michelle: Michelle Tafoya

Theisman, without a doubt.

I'm so-so on Kornheiser so far. He doesn't seem to add much in the way of game analysis...but he is willing to challenge/annoy Theisman. There was a great exchange during the Saints game over Brees and his injury last season in which Kornheiser put forth the rather unremarkable proposition that the Chargers were dumb to play him in the last game since they had no shot at the playoffs and could have gotten a look at Rivers. That sent Joe into hyperventalation mode, huffing and puffing about how you can't bench a QB in the last week with nothing on the line! :lmao: Kornheiser tossed a couple "buts" in but could never finish sentence as Joey kept shouting him down again and again, and by about the third "but" it sounded like Theisman was going to stand up and punch him. Funny stuff.

I read somewhere(PFT?) that Theisman is the most unprepared jackass in all of sports television. It's a wonder he's got a job.

I dont know about unprepared but he is a jackass! :lmao::lmao:

hey Theismann..... BREAK A LEG TONIGHT!!!!.....Seriously :lmao:

Him and Paul maguire doing Sunday night was a perfect ten on the unintentional comedy scale. Those guy were hilarious.

Look on the bright side, no more s**tty stories about Paiuie's punting days :P

Thank the dear Lord. P.M. annoyed me so much more than Theismann, it wasn't even close. I think Kornheiser will be a success, but those little comedy sketches they do with him... "Ask Tony"... are absolutely stupid.

I vote Theismann.

Tom Jackson is wearing orange and black on Monday Night Countdown. He's the man.

Ok let me try...

11. My name is Joe Theisman I don't know how I ever did good playing football because I am an idiot.

12. The Bengals have the ugliest uniforms in the league.

A bonus from PFT...

ON FURTHER REVIEW, WE LOVE TONY

Though we don't know whether ESPN's Tony Kornheiser stuck it to Joey Sunshine on Monday night for his 180-degree reversal regarding Terrell Owens, a bout of insomnia had us tuning back in for garbage time of the Packers-Bengals game. In so doing, we witnessed an exchange that, in light of our new mission to persuade the folks in Bristol to relieve Joe Theismann of his duties, has caused us to pull a 180 of our own regarding Kornheiser, who given that he was in Cincinnati will be dubbed "Kornholer" for the remainder of this specific item.

After Cincinnati receiver Reggie McNeal caught a touchdown pass from Doug Johnson, a discussion ensued regarding college quarterbacks who become wideouts at the next level.

Here is, verbatim, the key portion of the conversation regarding the requirements for a successful conversion. (Thank you, TiVo.)

Sunshine: I think you need a guy who's short, vertically challenged, maybe five-foot-nine, five-foot-ten with a lot of 'quicks' that can double as a kick returner. Those are the guys that can transition into professional football. To come in and just try and play the wide receiver position --

Kornholer (incredulous): He has to be short?

Sunshine: Well --

Kornholer: This is a prerequisite, to be short?

Sunshine: I think you need to be short and quick. I think that gives you an opportunity --

Kornholer: What if you were big and quick?

Sunshine: You don't have the 'quicks' when you're that tall.

Kornholer: Correct me if I'm wrong because you watch a lot more college football than I did [Editor's note: Tony, you'd make a great lawyer], wasn't there a quarterback recently from Arkansas who was the quarterback who then became a wide receiver in the NFL?

Tirico: Matt Jones.

Kornholer: Matt Jones, right? And he's big. Big and quick.

Sunshine: But not at the kick returning position.

Kornholer: (Makes barely audible noise connoting "Is this guy f--king serious?")

Sunshine: No.

Tirico (wisely changing the subject): It's 48 to 17. . . .

Tony, you've found your niche. It's to call out Joey Sunshine wherever and whenever he says something stupid. That's your calling. Your destiny. Through your weekly badgering of Theismann, he'll eventually be exposed for the fraud that he is, or he'll quietly resign and find a fifth-tier gig on CBS where the play-by-play man doesn't have the brains or the will to thoroughly and completely dismantle his stupid-ass assertions.

So thanks, Tony. We underestimated you. And we're rooting for you to mentally do to Theismann every Monday night that which Lawrence Taylor accomplished only once physically.

:lmao:

Wow, first time I liked something from PFT. Last year, early in the season (maybe in the preseason), Theisman was on the Dan Patrick Show and said the Bengals wouldn't make the playoffs because their uniforms were too ugly. He wasn't joking.

I think I heard Michelle Tafoya say that Brett Favre was strong in his "fundamentals" after the guys in the booth spent most of the night saying he had horrible mechanics. But then she's just reporting what other people are telling her, so maybe she gets a pass. You wouldn't blame Suzy Kolber for her "conversation" with Joe Namath.

Wow, first time I liked something from PFT. Last year, early in the season (maybe in the preseason), Theisman was on the Dan Patrick Show and said the Bengals wouldn't make the playoffs because their uniforms were too ugly. He wasn't joking.

I think I heard Michelle Tafoya say that Brett Favre was strong in his "fundamentals" after the guys in the booth spent most of the night saying he had horrible mechanics. But then she's just reporting what other people are telling her, so maybe she gets a pass. You wouldn't blame Suzy Kolber for her "conversation" with Joe Namath.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

A bonus from PFT...
ON FURTHER REVIEW, WE LOVE TONY

Though we don't know whether ESPN's Tony Kornheiser stuck it to Joey Sunshine on Monday night for his 180-degree reversal regarding Terrell Owens, a bout of insomnia had us tuning back in for garbage time of the Packers-Bengals game. In so doing, we witnessed an exchange that, in light of our new mission to persuade the folks in Bristol to relieve Joe Theismann of his duties, has caused us to pull a 180 of our own regarding Kornheiser, who given that he was in Cincinnati will be dubbed "Kornholer" for the remainder of this specific item.

After Cincinnati receiver Reggie McNeal caught a touchdown pass from Doug Johnson, a discussion ensued regarding college quarterbacks who become wideouts at the next level.

Here is, verbatim, the key portion of the conversation regarding the requirements for a successful conversion. (Thank you, TiVo.)

Sunshine: I think you need a guy who's short, vertically challenged, maybe five-foot-nine, five-foot-ten with a lot of 'quicks' that can double as a kick returner. Those are the guys that can transition into professional football. To come in and just try and play the wide receiver position --

Kornholer (incredulous): He has to be short?

Sunshine: Well --

Kornholer: This is a prerequisite, to be short?

Sunshine: I think you need to be short and quick. I think that gives you an opportunity --

Kornholer: What if you were big and quick?

Sunshine: You don't have the 'quicks' when you're that tall.

Kornholer: Correct me if I'm wrong because you watch a lot more college football than I did [Editor's note: Tony, you'd make a great lawyer], wasn't there a quarterback recently from Arkansas who was the quarterback who then became a wide receiver in the NFL?

Tirico: Matt Jones.

Kornholer: Matt Jones, right? And he's big. Big and quick.

Sunshine: But not at the kick returning position.

Kornholer: (Makes barely audible noise connoting "Is this guy f--king serious?")

Sunshine: No.

Tirico (wisely changing the subject): It's 48 to 17. . . .

Tony, you've found your niche. It's to call out Joey Sunshine wherever and whenever he says something stupid. That's your calling. Your destiny. Through your weekly badgering of Theismann, he'll eventually be exposed for the fraud that he is, or he'll quietly resign and find a fifth-tier gig on CBS where the play-by-play man doesn't have the brains or the will to thoroughly and completely dismantle his stupid-ass assertions.

So thanks, Tony. We underestimated you. And we're rooting for you to mentally do to Theismann every Monday night that which Lawrence Taylor accomplished only once physically.

:lmao:

I said something about Kornheiser ripping Theisman a new one yesterday. This even backs up everyone that realizes how much of an idiot this guy is.