No DEAL for Dillon.

chrishcovga

Can't wait to see # 28 lined up behind Carson Palmer in '04, think not, well think again after you read this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[13] ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports the Cincinnati Bengals and the Oakland Raiders are not expected to finish off that much-discussed swap of disgruntled Bengals RB Corey Dillon during the league meetings. For one thing, the Bengals are sticking to their asking price, believed to be a second-round pick, for Dillon. For another, despite various reports, the Raiders aren't offering anything close to that yet. Not surprisingly, Dillon is not attending the Bengals' offseason conditioning program. Less surprising, his absence hasn't exactly fazed HC Marvin Lewis. In fact, Lewis got off a good line this week, when asked about Dillon's recent TV appearance in which he ripped some teammates and Cincinnati executives. "Did he say anything that surprised you?" said Lewis. "I don't think he did anything to surprise the people in Cincinnati or around the league who have followed him." The inference, although Lewis would publicly deny it, was that Dillon is a loose cannon, a guy with an agenda who will say or do whatever it takes to get traded or bounced by Bengals management. What the veteran tailback is overestimating, though, is the Bengals' resolve not to be verbally extorted into making a deal.

Can't wait to see # 28 lined up behind Carson Palmer in '04, think not, well think again after you read this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[13] ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports the Cincinnati Bengals and the Oakland Raiders are not expected to finish off that much-discussed swap of disgruntled Bengals RB Corey Dillon during the league meetings. For one thing, the Bengals are sticking to their asking price, believed to be a second-round pick, for Dillon. For another, despite various reports, the Raiders aren't offering anything close to that yet. Not surprisingly, Dillon is not attending the Bengals' offseason conditioning program. Less surprising, his absence hasn't exactly fazed HC Marvin Lewis. In fact, Lewis got off a good line this week, when asked about Dillon's recent TV appearance in which he ripped some teammates and Cincinnati executives. "Did he say anything that surprised you?" said Lewis. "I don't think he did anything to surprise the people in Cincinnati or around the league who have followed him." The inference, although Lewis would publicly deny it, was that Dillon is a loose cannon, a guy with an agenda who will say or do whatever it takes to get traded or bounced by Bengals management. What the veteran tailback is overestimating, though, is the Bengals' resolve not to be verbally extorted into making a deal.

Chris - Maybe that supports your idea that Dillon could be draft day trade bait.

Chris - Maybe that supports your idea that Dillon could be draft day trade bait.

Chris is hardly alone in that opinion; I've thought draft day the most likely spot for a deal from day 1, and still do. A 2nd, however, remains a pipe dream, IMHO. If we are very lucky we'll get a high 4th (maybe the Raiders' third but only if someone gets Al Davis drunk first). Really, if we get anything this year I'd be surprised; a conditional pick (escalating as high as the second round, bottoming out in the fourth or fifth) in 2005 seems more likely.

Well Jditty, you may be right...

--As a matter of fact, here's what Chris Mortensen had to say about Dillon and the Bengals trying to trade him , on his Chatroom interview a couple of days ago..

Mort, what do you think will happens with Corey Dillon? It seems he still is a very very good player but do you think Marvin Lewis will get rid of him for anything less that a 2nd rounder?

Chris Mortensen: Right now, a second-rounder is way too lofty for expectations. I hear the Raiders and Broncos are not that hot to trot on Dillon. At some point, you take what you can get, or you just keep him.

Corey Dillon (training camp interview)

**Reporter**

Corey, are you glad that you ended your holdout,and what are you feeling about the rest of the NFL not willing to make a trade for you..??

** CD **--------- I'm sorry , could you repeat the question... I've got a lot of crow in my mouth. :lol::D:lol::D

:( I dont like this.....the longer this goes unresolved , the worse....thats wack to sit there and cry and cry, and bitch, so you can be traded or better yet, wont even have to play this season....I dont like it at all......Dallas isnt interested, I doubt Tampa Bay is.....Well Corey, you have no one to blame but yourself....you might just be watching Rudi this year main.... :(

Am I mistaken or does anyone think that a player like Dillion should bring at least a first round pick? Remove last year, and Dillion's jabbering mouth and this is one of the most potent running backs around, and now the best it can bring is what like the 40th pick in the draft. What the hell you going to find at pick 40?

If the Bengals really wanted to play games with Dillion, don't trade him, and don't play him. Let the cry baby sit on the sideline all year

Sources have told ProFootballCentral.com that in 1 week Corey Dillon will officially be a Raider. Bengals President Mike Brown and Raiders owner Al Davis have agreed in principle on a deal that will send the disgruntled Bengal to Oakland for a 2004 3rd rounder and a conditional pick next year pending on Dillon's play. The deal will be finalized next week at the owner's meetings and Dillon is expected to be announced as a Raider in a press conferance the following week.

or so i heard

Hmmm no good picks after 40? Wasnt Dillon a 2nd rounder, as well as Steinbach, and even C. Johnson. In todays NFL anyone picked on the first day will be able to play right away.

If anyone offers us a 3rd rounder we should jump on it in a heart beat. But I think Joisey's prediction will probably be the way it works out.

Hmmm no good picks after 40? Wasnt Dillon a 2nd rounder, as well as Steinbach, and even C. Johnson. In todays NFL anyone picked on the first day will be able to play right away.

If anyone offers us a 3rd rounder we should jump on it in a heart beat. But I think Joisey's prediction will probably be the way it works out.

steinbach was the first pick in the 2nd round, so he was 33rd pick. A 3rd rounder is not a starter right away, usually 3rd rounders suit up, play special teams their first year, then in the 2nd or 3rd years they start. They usually have raw talent that needs to be molded, so a 3rd and a conditional would be good for dillon, i would not just take a 3rd though.

For the record, Dillon was the # 43rd pick in the '97 draft. There's probably more value in round 2 than there is in round 1. Round 1 consists of the hit or miss guys.--Guys that had the hype or really good workouts that pushed them into the first, and very few elite talents.

- The second round is more value, because you usually have the more accomplished players there. Guys that played till they were seniors.Graduated.Have families already, guys that look at the NFL as their future, not their payday.

--Third rounders are usually the guys that could have or should have gone in round 1, but there is a noticeable flaw to their game.Injuries with question marks.etc.

--Most of your day 2 picks , are guys that are drafted as corps guys. Players that you expect to play special teams, and fill a need. Most offensive lineman will come from Day 2, because teams spend more time trying to convince other teams that (such and such ) player is overrated just so they can draft them! :D

Looks like we have another T.O. on our hands..and this time its the Bengals having to appease a whiner.....

Nope, see the Bengals don't have to do anything with Dillon. They don't have to trade and if he doesn't show up, he pays the Bengals, plus that would probably get them to invoke the loyalty clause and he'd owe them even more money. If he shows up, well he get's paid to warm the pine for two years, maybe they'll let him return kicks....The Bengals call the shots...Of course I have the opinion that they keep him, never play him again, and let him piss his last few good years away and there goes any chance of him making the hall of fame, or ever being a feature back...Hell, after his contract runs out, franchise him, never let him play another down in the NFL....But then I'm cruel :angry:

Now Im to the point of, f**k it just get him out of here.....a 3rd rounder is fine with me, I mean, Kelley Washington (yours truly) was drafted in the third round last year...so theres definitely gems and steals there....plus if we get a conditional pick, I think Dillon can still kick enough ass to where we can receieve possibly a 2nd or 3rd rounder for next year.....whatever it is, just do it expeditiously....

a 3rd rounder is fine with me, I mean, Kelley Washington (yours truly) was drafted in the third round last year...so theres definitely gems and steals there

You are absolutely right. There are gems and steals EVERYWHERE! In all rounds as well as undrafted. The key is recognizing these gems and grabbing them. I really think this is one of Marvins strong points. True...he's not the GM, but I cannot envision him NOT having a voice in this process. :D