Dorsey

UK Bengal

I really think this kid has a chance to make the final roster he has impressed me in both pre season games granted hes playing against 2nd's and 3rd's but his reading of the game is quite impressive just look at the long pass from johnson he read what was going on and gave johnson a way out which turned into a huge gain. If he carries on like this some people better watch out.

on another note im worrying a bit about rudi hes what had about 6 carries and got a minus figure thats not looking good right now, tho it is pre season its a little worrying.

I really think this kid has a chance to make the final roster he has impressed me in both pre season games granted hes playing against 2nd's and 3rd's but his reading of the game is quite impressive just look at the long pass from johnson he read what was going on and gave johnson a way out which turned into a huge gain. If he carries on like this some people better watch out.

on another note im worrying a bit about rudi hes what had about 6 carries and got a minus figure thats not looking good right now, tho it is pre season its a little worrying.

I don't think he makes it. I think we'll slide him to the practice squad and keep Watson on the roster. With Perry hurting, I think Marvin will go with experience over potential.

Haven't seen the newest game yet, but from the first game, it looked like the problem is more the O-line than Rudi. Though I will say, the worst thing about Rudi is he refuses to give up on a play when the entire D-Line breaks through. Turns 2-yard losses into 10-yard losses. He had one of those in the first game.

I gave every confidence that he'll be fine once the O-line gets up to speed.

Rudi has been playing like $h*+ this pre-season & it aint because Levi & Willie wasn't in.

Rudi has been playing like $h*+ this pre-season & it aint because Levi & Willie wasn't in.

:blink:

He's had like 6 carries and people like Whitworth and Andrews and Ghuchiac blocking against 1st teamers, and nowhere to run.

He does need a good compliment still - I'm not sold on Watson's ability to break tackles - I'd put Wilson and Dorsey in some first team situations next week, if they make the cuts, as a potential 3rd Hb and possible Perry replacement if he can't stay healthy and needs another long PUP stint.

But am guessing Wilson and Dorsey are PS material, only to be brought up if Rudi gets injured - who gets Perry's spot will be interesting to see. Watson seems kind of useless to have when Perry is healthy also.

I think they have to seriously think about saving a spot for either Quincy or Dorsey possibly at this point, that may or may not change. Not sure what is up with Perry.

Dorsey has shown some serious ability two weeks in a row now - that catch was fantastic as was the run after it and the speed he showed.

Really impressed with both Quincy and Dorsey - would really like to see them in some earlier series.

ChadJohnson-85: Rudi has been playing like $h*+ this pre-season & it aint because Levi & Willie wasn't in.

I can't remember the last time Rudi has had a good 1st quarter. Bob Blutowski historically sets up the pass with the run, and Rudi is a 2nd half back that takes advantage of a pass-conscious defense. I'd be willing to wager $100 BZ bucks that his 2nd half average rush is a yard or yard-and-a-half better than his 1st quarter average. Any takers?

Rudi is, like any sane veteran secure in his position, clearly taking it easy until the regular season starts. Good for him. Actually, I would prefer that he not play at all until the KC opener. In any event, Rudi is not the kind of back that will shine in limited preseason playing time. Rudi wears teams down and gets stronger as the game progresses. He is no highlight player.

I'm taking a different position.

Rudi Johnson, obviously starter.

Terrence Whitehead, was waived -- and if he clears, he goes right to the IR. In other words, gone/PS.

Chris Perry is questionable to even play before week 7.

Quincy Wilson is good and will make the roster.

Kenny Watson gets the cut! (hardly a surprise cut)

DeDe Dorsey showed the one element in a third down back, 80 yards receiving. If he has similar games, not only do I think he makes the roster, I think by Kansas City, he COULD BE THE BACK UP.

OK ok, obviously the first thought is, Watson. Why do I think he's cut? Well, consider this. He played awful in the first game he played. Dorsey played well and did better, overall, against Buffalo.

Watson was blown up by linebackers against Washington. I don't think the team needs that.

We'll see what happens. But as long as Rudi carries the rock, we'll be fine.

Dorsey's preseason reminds me a little of when Rudi Johnson was a rookie and he had 200+ yards. He almost didn't make the team that year but thankfully he did. I hope Dorsey sticks. He has shown some ability even though he is from a small school and is going against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

this year reminds me of a couple of years ago when we still had corey, and rudi and curtis something i forgot his name but we traded him to the saints for a 4th rounder i hope one of these unknowns can get us something

this year reminds me of a couple of years ago when we still had corey, and rudi and curtis something i forgot his name but we traded him to the saints for a 4th rounder i hope one of these unknowns can get us something

Curtis Keaton I believe was his name.

I think our RBs going into this season are going to be Rudi, Quincy, and Jeremi. I think DeeDee ends up on the PS and Watson gets picked up by someone.

DeeDee needs to work on his blocking. That's the biggest thing a 3rd down back needs to know.