Our future TE

Kazkal

I just found a mock draft for 2007 & this guy thinks we'll take Joe Newton in the 2nd round.

http://www.northwestscouting.com/2007mockdraft.html

I just found a mock draft for 2007 & this guy thinks we'll take Joe Newton in the 2nd round.

Actually, according to that mock, we get Greg Olsen the TE from Miami(FL) . Greg Olsen is 6'4 255, runs like Shockey and catches like K2. I would be extremely happy to have arguably the best Tight end in the country fall to us in round 2. :cheers:

ROUND ONE

18. CIN - *DE Lawrence Jackson, USC - So, the Bengals starting DE's in 2007 could be Rucker and Jackson. Fight on SC!!! BTW, Jackson is currently fighting leg and groin injuries and has missed mucho practices. He's practicing again, but his health is a concern

ROUND TWO

18. CIN - *TE Greg Olsen, Miami - I've got my doubts that Olsen falls this far into the 2nd round, but Newton is still on the board too. A great spot to finally bite the bullet and select a new TE. (Or a DT.)

ROUND THREE

18. CIN - S Sabby Piscitelli, Oregon State - Sorry Draft Guy, this is the pick surrendered in exchange for Ahmad Brooks.

ROUND FOUR

18. CIN - OG Josh Beekman, Boston College - Offensive line help makes sense, but so would a safety.

ROUND ONE

18. CIN - *DE Lawrence Jackson, USC - So, the Bengals starting DE's in 2007 could be Rucker and Jackson. Fight on SC!!! BTW, Jackson is currently fighting leg and groin injuries and has missed mucho practices. He's practicing again, but his health is a concern

ROUND TWO

18. CIN - *TE Greg Olsen, Miami - I've got my doubts that Olsen falls this far into the 2nd round, but Newton is still on the board too. A great spot to finally bite the bullet and select a new TE. (Or a DT.)

ROUND THREE

18. CIN - S Sabby Piscitelli, Oregon State - Sorry Draft Guy, this is the pick surrendered in exchange for Ahmad Brooks.

ROUND FOUR

18. CIN - OG Josh Beekman, Boston College - Offensive line help makes sense, but so would a safety.

to bad we won't be picking at 18 /cry

ESPN has the Miami and Oregon State games televised next week.

Miami plays Fla St. on Mon. Sept 4 at 8.

The Beavs play Boise Thurs. Sept 7 at 7:30.

I'll be geared up for eyeballing Olsen as well as Brandon Meriweather at safety and D-lineman Baraka Atkins #98 for the Canes who sounds like he's going to kick out to end instead of playing inside.

Actually, according to that mock, we get Greg Olsen the TE from Miami(FL) . Greg Olsen is 6'4 255, runs like Shockey and catches like K2. I would be extremely happy to have arguably the best Tight end in the country fall to us in round 2. :cheers:

My bad, I guess he changed it cuz it wasn't like that before. :wacko:

I'll be geared up for eyeballing Olsen as well as Brandon Meriweather at safety and D-lineman Baraka Atkins #98 for the Canes who sounds like he's going to kick out to end instead of playing inside.

Atkins looked like a totally different player on the outside. Very impressive. Very solid against the run, and his ability to play inside/out fits the profile that Marvin has drafted.

Good to hear about Atkins. I missed all games from Friday through Monday due to the beating that was Ernesto where I'm at.

But there is tonight......In between watching the defending Super Bowl champs hopefully getting their rumps grinded off, there is Oregon State vs. Boise State on ESPN at 7:30 for a national audience to eyeball none other than Beaver TE Joe Newton #89.

Also, Oregon State SS Sabby Piscitelli #24 will show his wares.

On the Boise State side, there is the blue field :puke: But it is fun to watch QB Jared Zabransky run his show.

Not many yards but his TD snag was wicked. Newton catches real well and his routes looked sharp. Looks like this year's Leonard Pope -- a big time red zone and short yardage threat due to towering target. It looked like Newton is more inclined to run deeper routes better than Pope, though. But there's one component of Newton's game that looked pretty rank --- he can't block with a spit. Maybe he can improve that throughout the year and get a NFL coach who's convinced he can teach him. But I'd say he's a 3rd rounder so far with potential to get into the 2nd.

Meh I'm not worried the year we have no real needs is the year we get one :P

I just hope they'd pull a triger on a TE if theres high ass ranked one rather then bpa if no DE's or safetys there worth the pick.

With those 3 postions we should be able find 1 guy worth a late 1st rounder :P but If laron landry is alrdy off the board I woulden't mind seeing the bengals wait till 4th take safety sense we have jackson for 2 years(at the time of the draft) and then take a top safety in the 2008 draft

Another Heath Miller would be hard to pass on this time around, but unless there's a complete TE in the picture it's hard to see the Bengals going there in the 1st when they have shown that they just don't seem that all concerned by the position.

Landry is an excellent free safety and watching him last year and bits of him play last night vs. Arizona he's physical enough to probably interchange at S. But if the Bengals are going to be more content with Madieu primarily manning FS, then a more physical player like Michael Griffin might seem a better match. Still, Dex Jack looks like he'll fit the bill, thus further lessening the need for safety early. If it comes down to later in the draft there's an Oregon Duck safety who looks pretty damn good in coverage, run support and blitzing -- JD Nelson. He had the 2 most devastating hits I've seen so far this year last night vs. Fresno.

Another Heath Miller would be hard to pass on this time around, but unless there's a complete TE in the picture it's hard to see the Bengals going there in the 1st when they have shown that they just don't seem that all concerned by the position.

Landry is an excellent free safety and watching him last year and bits of him play last night vs. Arizona he's physical enough to probably interchange at S. But if the Bengals are going to be more content with Madieu primarily manning FS, then a more physical player like Michael Griffin might seem a better match. Still, Dex Jack looks like he'll fit the bill, thus further lessening the need for safety early. If it comes down to later in the draft there's an Oregon Duck safety who looks pretty damn good in coverage, run support and blitzing -- JD Nelson. He had the 2 most devastating hits I've seen so far this year last night vs. Fresno.

Yeah when I was watching Ohio State last night & I remembered that LSU was playing on ESPN & I was going to see how good Landry was & as soon as I went to ESPN, he got an interception. :blink:

BTW, GO BUCKEYES!!!!

Olsen looked horrible against Florida St. Didn't stand out receiving at all and he could quite possibly be the worst blocking tight end I have ever seen. He looked extremely slow off of the snap when blocking. This guy makes Schobel look like Munoz.

Yeah Olsen didn't look like much of blocker vs. Louisville. I doubt he's a 1st rounder, more likely 3rd. Zach Miller is probably the best TE in the draft. For what the Bengals want, there's a dime a dozen worth of middle-late round TEs who are primarily blockers with some receiving skills. Chris Hopkins of Toledo is an interesting prospect, great size and hands with quickness off the line and into his breaks. But he won't be tested much as a blocker in Toldeo's pass first offense. He did show he's adroit at trap blocking both DEs and LBs down the line from the other side where he lines up. The Bengals could get Hopkins or one of the several TEs much like him in the 5th or later next draft.