Danica to NASCAR?

B24

I saw that too. I think it would be a horrible move for her to move. She has yet to accomplish anything in IRL and the talent and discrepencies between the top drivers and the medium drivers is too great to overcome.

We know she wouldn't be going to Hendricks, Gibbs, DEI, or even Roush (unless she comes in as a development deal ala Erin Crocker).

We found out Sunday she won't be going to Ganassi now that the #42 seat has been filled. I think Robert Yates will have Ward Burton signed to drive the #88 to end that speculation. Childress? Nope.

All the seats for quality teams are full which means she'll have junk equipment.. again, unless she's going in as a development driver to do the ABC (Arca, Busch, Cup) or the Crocker program (promote to bigger series when you actually accomplish something).

Then again, I think Danika just wants to prove Richard Petty wrong who said women can't drive race cars. I'm not saying what he said is right or wrong, but looking at the results on the stats sheet, well, he could factually say at least no woman has won yet.

OK, female activists. Bring it!

She should stay in the IRL until she proves that she can win with average equipement. Once she proves she can, then jumping to NASCAR would be easier as she will then be albe to get better equipment. I think she needs to sign with either Penske or Gannasi in the IRL in order to get the equipment that will prove whether she is as good as everyone thinks she is. I am a fan of Danica and I would love for her to win some races, but I think Danica will get lost in the shuffle if she makes the jump to NASCAR.

I dont care where she is racing.

I do think she should jump on the stick and do some serious hard driving along with some bumping and grinding.

Um, I mean she will race hard and be able to take the bumping if she has good enough equipment.

Whoops that sounds kinda dirty too!

Pure and simple, it's a money grab. Getting the most while her stock is high.

Do you blame her? I'd probably do the exact same thing if I had that much marketability. I would love for someone to call me and offer me a job with a bigger payraise -- all of use would. Plus, you can't fault her father for trying from a father's perspective. Driving stock cars are a billion times safer now than open wheel cars. And let's not forget, she had a team-mate die earlier this year.

If she wants to make the move, hey more power to her. I won't fault her if she wanted to move to NASCAR for a pay raise and increased safety.

Now, like I said earlier, her results might be bad for the reasons I stated above. But her reasoning, to me, is sound.

(yes, I changed my mind that it would be a horrible move based now on factors outside of the actual racing)

Pure and simple, it's a money grab. Getting the most while her stock is high.

Do you blame her? I'd probably do the exact same thing if I had that much marketability. I would love for someone to call me and offer me a job with a bigger payraise -- all of use would. Plus, you can't fault her father for trying from a father's perspective. Driving stock cars are a billion times safer now than open wheel cars. And let's not forget, she had a team-mate die earlier this year.

If she wants to make the move, hey more power to her. I won't fault her if she wanted to move to NASCAR for a pay raise and increased safety.

Now, like I said earlier, her results might be bad for the reasons I stated above. But her reasoning, to me, is sound.

(yes, I changed my mind that it would be a horrible move based now on factors outside of the actual racing)

I'm in no way blaming her Kirk. It would be a great move for her. The IRL vs. NASCAR for marketing, exposure, competition? It's no-brainer.

BTW, what teams would be interested in Danica? RYR in the mix? Her dad was at Chicago via Roush, but that team seems rather set.

I know you're not.

I dunno as for teams. It seems that most of the seats are seat. She could perhaps pick up the #50 truck ride for Rousch.

If she did get to NASCAR, shouldn't be in Cup right away.

UNLESS... one of the Toyota teams? There seems to be a lot of seats still open for that (I keep forgetting about them)

aint no room for no women in no nascar!

Oh, and here you come... Since you didn't want to read (or maybe couldn't) the proof of women's place in NASCAR history, now you can witness it. Seriously, who is your original screen name on this board, because it sure is funny you came back for this after I brought you back up after all this time ??? Come to think of it, I'm sorry this even came back up !!!

Now please enlighten us with your redneck, back woods, sister bangin, banter and wit !!!

WHODEY !!!

IRL average equipment? The IRL cars are more physically demanding and travel a hell of a lot faster. I think she'd actually stand an advantage, once she picked up drafting and utilizing teamwork ala Nextel Cup.

I think his point is that the Letterman-Rahal team (the team she drives for) has fallen backwards (technology, chassis) compared to the bigger IRL teams (Ganassi, Penske); not a NASCAR/IRL comparison.

BTW, Ganassi and Penske are the only two owners in the IRL with a win this year.

Champ/IRL merger is needed soon or both leagues are gone.

IRL average equipment? The IRL cars are more physically demanding and travel a hell of a lot faster. I think she'd actually stand an advantage, once she picked up drafting and utilizing teamwork ala Nextel Cup.

I think his point is that the Letterman-Rahal team (the team she drives for) has fallen backwards (technology, chassis) compared to the bigger IRL teams (Ganassi, Penske); not a NASCAR/IRL comparison.

BTW, Ganassi and Penske are the only two owners in the IRL with a win this year.

Champ/IRL merger is needed soon or both leagues are gone.

Yes, that is exactly my point. The current equipment that Danica is in this season is average at best. If she can win with it this year, then she may have some leverage over the last woman IRL racer that jumped to NASCAR. Although she has not been heard from since. But if Danica can prove she can win, then her stock will go up and she could land a top ride in NASCAR, if she so chooses.

I do think Champ/IRL needs to merger, but I think if that does not happen, the IRL will succeed as the only U.S. open wheel circuit. I actually think they have better and closer races then NASCAR. They seem to be able to have the top 2 or 3 finishers within a half a second of each other at the end of a lot of races. It makes for some very exciting racing.

you boys is missin the point we dont need no women in nascar that would be like havin a woman in the goverment that would be terible. all women do is mess stuff up and she will ruin nascar. what if a woman was on your boys fottball team you wouldnt like that much none neither now would ya. you can done write it down boys that woman will ruin nascar aint no place for her

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend that is in his second season racing at entry level stock cars.

He is an ex Marine,is 6'1",and about 230 pounds.He's already talked to me about the subject.

His opinion:He'd like to see 110 pound Danica wrestle a 3400 pound stock car for 500 laps at Bristol.He stated that doing it for 20 laps at a 3/8 mile track is pretty demanding.

He would disagree with you about IRL cars being more physically demanding.