Bring the LAW in

jbengals1

Well, from what I've heard, he'll be a patriot until the day before the season starts...Just to screw him over (just like they did Malloy last year....Man the New Englanders are cold) Then it's whoever pays the most....It would be too hard for the Pat's to trade him before the June 1 cause of the cap hit. I didn't see him being released by the Pat's until the stuff he said about Belicheck....As for trying to trade for him...trade what? the draft picks we need? (Dillon won't be enough, though wouldn't it be nice) Maybe someone like P-dub? :huh: The Patriots are in the drivers seat on this one....But whatever it is, it won't be easy or cheap.

The Cap hit would be acceptable for a trade to bring Law here for Dillon , and they give us a 3rd rounder as well because Law makes twice as much as Dillon. That's too much salary for us to take without getting some type of compensation in return.

At the same time.. A deal like that , would probably mean we couldn't get Marion,Brown, or Williams to come in either..!

Yeah, forget Law. He seems like a Dillon (aka-a super ego who's never satisfied) in a smaller package. Just won a SuperBowl, multi-million dollar contract, on top of the world, and is still not satisfied.......just has to have more. He's feeling "robbed" because bailey and springs got huge deals and were on losing teams. "I took this team to the SuperBowl, it's all ME". What a freakin' loser. I hope ML can see through this superficial BS and know it's not about contributing to the team for these guys.......................but just the almighty $$.

I might have to take back my previous comments about our FA failure. These overpriced self centered schmuckos are rarely an assett to the overall teams success.

I think ML will use the extra money to fill some holes with a couple of mid-range free agents, maybe a DT and safety. Trade Dillon for a 2-3rd rounder and use a solid draft to shore up the D for the medium and long term. Our young offense is SOLID.

Keep the faith!!!!!!!!!

The Cap hit would be acceptable for a trade to bring Law here for Dillon , and they give us a 3rd rounder as well because Law makes twice as much as Dillon. That's too much salary for us to take without getting some type of compensation in return.

At the same time.. A deal like that , would probably mean we couldn't get Marion,Brown, or Williams to come in either..!

Why would NE do this trade? They give up LAW and a 3rd rounder for Dillon? NE would shoot that down in a heart beat, it doesn't benefit them at all. I would think Dillon and our 3rd rounder for LAW. I think the CB market is much bigger in the NFL today than the RB.

Kirk : I have absolutely no belief that a Law for Dillon trade could ever Happen. I was merely stating that If a trade like that could happen, N.E. would have to give us an extra pick for us taking Law's salary. He makes twice as much as we pay Dillon. They need a runningback, we need a corner, although I don't think Law fits our system, because he's not a man on man corner.N.E. plays a disguised cover 2 out of there 3-4, so Leaving Law on an Island the way our defense is designed probably makes him look like Burris from time to time.

Have to resurect this topic. Saw a rumor that Dallas was looking into trading a 3rd round pick and some lineman Blades for Ty Law. I say Marvin and Company has to look into the possibilities here. Wouldnt surprise me if Marvin found a way to shock the hell out of us and pull something off here. Whats good for the tuna is even better for us.

yea he would be great here i think but i also like the dt from denver gardner i think he would do well and what about deltha o neal denver wanted to get rid of him i wouldnt mind having him i still think hes a good corner i dont think theres anything wrong with him what do u think

Deltha O'Neal is the reason why they were willing to give up Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey. ---O'Neal had one good season, and the rest has been spent in pure exile. He's been a disaster at cornerback, too many times using his athleticism over his technique ending up in missed tackles, assignments,and big plays.

--Shanahan was reported being so mad at the guy , that he recently told him, IF he can't play wr, then he won't be a Bronco next year.