Sapp Update

shworge

Yup. Fact o' the matter is, every "big name" FA -- and even many "no name" guys at hard-to-fill positions like CB -- gets overpaid. It's basic supply-and-demand at work: scarcity and need drive up the price. I'm not saying they need to throw huge money at every FA who calls (like, for example, DC), but here and there you have to step up and pay the piper. Instead, every time the bidding gets hot, the Bengals walk away. And then they offer hollow excuses about rookie pools and cap space and QB incentives -- all while other teams with the same stuff and less cap space do what they say is impossible. In short, they assume their fans are fools, which really honks me off. :angry:

It would be nice just to have the perception we've had for so many years removed. The truly only incentive for players interested coming into the Queen city is money. After the perception is lifted, we'll have a better change and wider pool of FA to choose. But one effort to remove those perceptions is to pay big money for a player, that way we'll always have players interested with possible big pay days. I know it sounds like a waste, but the stigma is what we are trying to remove. Kind of a radical idea, eh?

Oakland's problems are all on offense, where they don't have jack at WR, TE, or RB, and a QB coming off surgery.

All in all, I'd much rather be in our shoes than theirs. And I also believe our weaknesses will be easier to strengthen in the draft than theirs.

After hearing Sapp's comments and Marvin's comments from yesterday I am mystified as to why the Bengals would have pulled the offer or tried to lowball the original offer. They had to know that there might be other teams interested that hadn't made an offer or a public statement about wanting Sapp. Why would they offer $4M and then try to reduce the number if they thought there was no one else interested? Was it Mike, was it Marvin, were they afraid that he would actually take the offer or were they just trying to drive the market up so the Ravens wouldn't sign him? Something just doesn't make sense here. I can't see why we would have made an offer in the first place if we had "issues" with Sapp. He was on the market for nearly three weeks before he got signed and they talked to him alot last week. I'm just not getting the whole thing here. :unsure:

Bottom line, if Sapp wanted to be here he would have signed Friday. He didn't and if he didn't want to be here we sure as heck don't need another BA like CD in the house. Let's move on and see how the draft goes and how Marvin is able to start developing some of his 'Redshirts'

Oakland's problems are all on offense, where they don't have jack at WR, TE, or RB, and a QB coming off surgery.

All in all, I'd much rather be in our shoes than theirs. And I also believe our weaknesses will be easier to strengthen in the draft than theirs.

Uh Yeah...no TE? We have to quality TE's.. Jolley and Ty Johnson. WR's... Porter and Fitz out of Pitt.... RB's--Fargus.. Maybe Dillon... Fargus has the potential to be a Stud, just like Rudi J. Which none of you heard of until Dillion went out.... With new offensive weapons and are Free Agent OT out of San Fran... How can you say you would not want to be in our shoes... Especially Playing San Diego twice......

:lol: Johnson and Jolley are bums.

Name | G | REC YARD AVG TD |

+----------------------+----+----------------------+

| Teyo Johnson | 16 | 14 128 9.1 1 |

| Doug Jolley | 15 | 31 250 8.1 1 |

Ohhhhh! 378 yards and 2 TDs. Well, I guess that's something when you're also boasting about Porter, who only got 1 TD on 361 yards. Fargas? Well, okey-doke, maybe he's the second coming, but if so why are y'all so hot to trot for CD or Hearst? :lol: Ad for Rudi, we all knew he was something special, we've watched the kid for years rip teams apart in preseason, but with CD he never got much regualr season action. No surprise to us.

Bottom line: you better hope the Raiders have a kick-a$$ D because the offense isn't going to score much.

... Fargus has the potential to be a Stud, just like Rudi J. Which none of you heard of until Dillion went out....

Doubt it...Rudi led the Bengals in rushing in the preseason in 2002. There were some people that had suggested that we move CD then or before the 2003 draft/season. We aren't as clueless as you think and we certainly don't need your expert advice on our roster...thanks anyway...