Was this Mike or Marvin?

walzav29

I'm not too impressed with Marvin's off-season thus far. I really expected more activity and less controversy. I mean, we've been talking about the QB situation for forever now, Vincent, safeties, Sapp -- well FA in overview. I realize that the draft is upcoming, but from the start of the off-season to this point in time, I'm not very impressed.

BTW, the Raiders have scheduled an 11:00 am (PST) press conference to announce the signing of Warren Sapp.

Meanwhile, we'll be holding a press conference to introduce our new LOGO! Woo-hoo! Time to par-tay! <_<

Maybe this is why they couldn't sign Sapp? Remember, last year Marvin got Mikey to buy all the players little stools with the bengals logo on them to put by everyone's locker. Well, we'll need new stools now. And new unis and new helmets and of course tons and tons of new letterhead and envelopes for the sales and marketing department! Between Staples and Sports Authority, Mikey's gonna run up quite a bill! :rolleyes:

Mike nor Marvin wanted to extent a visit to PBS unless Sapp was ready to sign. This is junk! How in the hell do you convince a player to sign if you won't even fly him into cincy?!!

Back to our old ways!

Here's a quotation from the link also provided.

"The Bengals reportedly put a four-year, $16 million offer on the table earlier this week. But the Bengals didn't want to extend an invitation for Sapp to visit Paul Brown Stadium unless the unrestricted free agent was ready to sign. "

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/cont...320bengals.html

Did the Raiders bring him in?? Maybe they (the Bengals) wanted to see if he was insistent on coming here for a visit just to see if he and his agent were being upfront. Maybe they knew they were being played all along. Guess we'll never know.