Stanley Cup Playoffs

scott91575

I find it hard to give a crap about hockey for three reasons...

1.) I find the sport itself VERY boring to watch.

2.) The lockout was lame as hell.

3.) The local team is the Columbus Blue Jackets?

You forgot the 4th reason...instead of a ball, the sport uses a urinal cake painted black! :lol:

IMO Hockey blows, nothing more legitimate than professional wrestling as it's refs stand by and allow it's violence to be conducted on the ice. I find World Cup Soccer much more engaging.

Do you realize that when they were locked out, nobody would have even noticed except for the relief felt by not having to endure suffering through the coverage ESPN's Sports Center would have been obligated to provide? As soon as they go to the Hockey scores, I can't find the remote fast enough! :no:

You forgot the 4th reason...instead of a ball, the sport uses a urinal cake painted black! :lol:

IMO Hockey blows, nothing more legitimate than professional wrestling as it's refs stand by and allow it's violence to be conducted on the ice. I find World Cup Soccer much more engaging.

Do you realize that when they were locked out, nobody would have even noticed except for the relief felt by not having to endure suffering through the coverage ESPN's Sports Center would have been obligated to provide? As soon as they go to the Hockey scores, I can't find the remote fast enough! :no:

No doubt... Everytime they bring on "Barry Melrose" to talk hockey, or I see a urinal cake highlight in the Top 10 Plays, I head to ESPN2. (That's when I notice Bassfishing or Bowling is on, and watching some 60s NBA game on ESPN Classic is the best option available.)

:yucky:

No doubt... Everytime they bring on "Barry Melrose" to talk hockey, or I see a urinal cake highlight in the Top 10 Plays, I head to ESPN2.

Yeah, whenever they bring on that Barry Melrose guy I change the channel. Hockey sucks, and a guy talking about hockey is worse...

• 3 weeks later...

What's wrong with hockey...too tough for most common folk to understand, the mullets are distracting or the fact that the only place to really be able to watch a game is on OLN!!!

Hockey is a great sport but like someone mentioned above...it is way better in person. The environment makes the game so great. It is okay for some to watch on tv but it doesn't have the great camera angles that other sporting events are able to show. But the lockout was the most damaging thing that could have happened to the sport formerly known as hockey. It was at one time the fastest growing sport in America with a lot of potential $$$ but the Big Whigs (Team Owners) and NHLPA totally put a damper on this. I don't see why they didn't try to get this resolved way before the deadline.

They get no tv time anymore, the announcers are so old school boring (I think everyone will agree with me when I say Melrose needs to let the mullet go), and the lock out turned off a lot of people from the sport. As much as I love the sport I have a bad feeling that if something is not done soon the NHL will be the next hockey to fold! They need to do more than just change a few rules and ice dimensions.

I think now that the salary cap is in place there will be more competition with more evenly matched teams but they have a long way to go to regain the confidence and support of hockey fans everywhere.

hockey is better now actually...more parity, and the shootouts are a great thing. hockey for an announcer is like an auction, u have to talk fast and for hours. but i agree melrose sucks.