Lavar Arrington: The Saga Continues

The Big Orange

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me sum up this Lavar Arrington situation... He paid $4 million dollars to be released from Washington. His agent has since been suspended for not reading the last contract Arrington signed, filing a lawsuit on behalf of Arrington against his former team (Washington), which he lost. He apparantly advised Arrington that it would be a good idea for him to pay $4mil to "buy out of his contract" without gauging the market and generally worrying more about his interests (money) than his clients. His turd brother, meanwhile is trying to heat up the market for his client by spreading disinformation that Cincinnati has invited Lavar in for a visit, when in reality, Marvin has probably got a restraining order against both Arrington and Adams.

Looks like we all brought the same info at the same time about Arrington not even visiting. How do you get your "wires crossed" about something like this? Obviously a ploy that I don't even particularly care about anymore.

I still care, but yeah...I'm guessing the wires got crossed because one party didn't tell the other about the interest/bullcrap they were "generating" in Cincy, Miami, New York, and Jacksonville.

BTW, I don't know what I find more puzzling. The idea that Hobson would write an article about Arrington visiting without confirming things with the Bengals OR the idea that it took him almost 21 hours to file a correction.

How can Hobson not know whether Lavar is visiting or not? If he thought Lavar was visiting, then the Bengals and ML must have thought he was visiting. If ML thought he was visiting and Lavar didnt show, then ML is going to be ticked off.

No wonder the guy cant line up in the right spot on D. He cant even communicate with his agent to find out what plane he should be on. I think we should totally forget about him. He cant be relied on.

:bengal:

That is pretty crazy that Hobson who works for the Bengals would be off by saying that Arrington is visiting when he isn't. I also liked the "Ask Hobson" article where he talks about how Bengal's fans started a petition to get him fired for writing Steeler's articles on the BENGAL'S website...

:lol:

This is like dangling a cheetoh in front of an Ethiopian. :unsure:

I thought that read "cheetah" at first. :lol: See how easy it is to get crosswired.

Poor Lavar is probably still sitting at the airport waiting on a ride.

It will be interesting to see how far down his price is driven. But my guess would be that if no team is close to what he wants, Arrington may not sign until after June 1st cuts if not into pre-season itself when demand for his services should increase.

From Curnutte's story...

Arrington has visited the Dolphins and Giants and could be headed to see the Jaguars, the agent said.

Sh*t, I dunno where he is! Ever since he didn't get that extra $6.5 million bonus that wasn't there he doesn't return our calls much. I dunno, maybe he's in Florida, maybe he's in Texas, maybe he's in Afganistan fighting the Taliban.

So, are you still employed as LaVar's agent?

Well, now that you mention it, my Kwanzaa card did come back marked "f*ck off' last December...

:lmao:

Weren't the visits to New York and Miami more than a week ago? And wasn't Curnutte one of the sources who said that Arrington was in Cincy from Sunday to Monday? And when is it considered news when an agent says his client "might" visit somewhere?

"Hi, my name is Poston and I've got an article I'd like you to write. Yeah, tell your readers that the Dolphins interest in Arrington has increased. What's that, you're a sportswriter from Cincy? Well forget what I just said. Instead, tell your readers that my client is coming to town...with bells on."

My head is swimming.

BTW, I'm leaving work now and when I get home I fully expect to find LaVar Arrington at my house playing strip poker with Jimmy Hoffa, Amelia Earhart, and Waldo.

Looks like we all brought the same info at the same time about Arrington not even visiting. How do you get your "wires crossed" about something like this? Obviously a ploy that I don't even particularly care about anymore.

Just get me one fat guy (Grady Jackson or Adams), a backup QB (Anthony Wright or Jamie Martin) and let's get to the draft as soon as possible so that I don't have to keep hearing about all this idiocy in Free Agency.

what he said + resign levi and eric

Just get me one fat guy (Grady Jackson or Adams), a backup QB (Anthony Wright or Jamie Martin) and let's get to the draft as soon as possible so that I don't have to keep hearing about all this idiocy in Free Agency.

what he said + resign levi and eric

Secure the O-line!!!

Arrington or no Arrington it doesn't matter anymore. I like the fact that, aside from QBs, there are several players who speak openly about wanting to come to Cincy whether there has been significant interest from the team or not.

Kinda makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :P

ESPN'S Pasquarelli:

"There was some confusion this week when it was reported that Arrington would visit in Cincinnati, but didn't show up. The spin was that Arrington's agents misunderstood something he had told them about a meeting with the Bengals and coach Marvin Lewis, who was his defensive coordinator for a while in Washington. But there is a suspicion that Lewis wants Arrington and is lobbying hard for him, but that Cincinnati management isn't sold on the six-year veteran. Just a hunch, but don't rule out Miami as Arrington's eventual landing spot."

Figures :angry:

ESPN'S Pasquarelli:

"There was some confusion this week when it was reported that Arrington would visit in Cincinnati, but didn't show up. The spin was that Arrington's agents misunderstood something he had told them about a meeting with the Bengals and coach Marvin Lewis, who was his defensive coordinator for a while in Washington. But there is a suspicion that Lewis wants Arrington and is lobbying hard for him, but that Cincinnati management isn't sold on the six-year veteran. Just a hunch, but don't rule out Miami as Arrington's eventual landing spot."

I'm not sure I buy that.

ESPN'S Pasquarelli:

I'm not sure I buy that.

I'm 100% that I don't buy it. Arrington's agent stated flatly that the communication problem was between himself and his client...so there's nothing to spin that concerns the Bengals. If anything, the local failure regarding the Bengal's interest in Arrington is limited to the willingness of the local sportswriters, Curnutte, Hobson, and Lance, to print fiction that very likely had the players agent as a source.

As for Cincy management not being sold on Arrington, yeah...that one's a given since he hasn't signed here or anywhere else. He's been on the market for quite a while now, right? In fact, the one thing we do know is that shortly after Arrington visits a team a press release will claim that interest is increasing...followed quickly by another press release claiming that the team isn't interested in meeting Arrington's demands. And on that score I'd guess that it's an even money bet that Jacksonville will join the crowd after Arrington's visit on Saturday.

Last, NFL Network talking head Adam Schefter has claimed for several days now that Arrington has narrowed his choice in regards to where he'll play to whichever Florida team bids the most. Cold weather cities like New York and Cincinnati will presumably be given an opportunity to outbid the Dolphins or Jags, but it was implied that Arrington would take less money to play in Florida.

ESPN'S Pasquarelli:

I'm not sure I buy that.

Not sure you buy what? That Marvin is lobbying hard for LaVar? Certainly nothing unbelieveable about that -- and in fact Marvin did get a lot out of him in DC, and has had nothing but praise for his talent during this whole saga. Yeah, I'd say he wants him.

That Cincinnati management (read: Mikey) isn't sold on Arrington? Well, duh. When has Mikey ever been sold on an expensive FA?

In short, Lenny's "suspicions" might be better described as a BGO: a Blinding Glimpse of the Obvious. But it's the off season and he has column inches to fill...so onward and upward! :rolleyes:

That Cincinnati management (read: Mikey) isn't sold on Arrington? Well, duh. When has Mikey ever been sold on an expensive FA?

I hate to point out the obvious, but Lenny didn't offer a single fact, or rumor, to back up his claim. In fact, he doesn't even bother identifying who the suspicious party might be.

It could be you, right?

I hate to point out the obvious, but Lenny didn't offer a single fact, or rumor, to back up his claim.

Need he? Let's see, Lenny's claim is that "Cincinnati management" is not prepared to back the Brinks truck up to an expensive FA's door. Given the Bengals' history in free agency, well, that's not hard to believe, now, is it? Even if he's totally making it up, odds are still very much in favor of him being dead right.

I hate to point out the obvious, but Lenny didn't offer a single fact, or rumor, to back up his claim.

Need he? Let's see, Lenny's claim is that "Cincinnati management" is not prepared to back the Brinks truck up to an expensive FA's door. Given the Bengals' history in free agency, well, that's not hard to believe, now, is it? Even if he's totally making it up, odds are still very much in favor of him being dead right.

Unsubstantiated suspicions-opinions=facts if they support your argument.

Gotcha. :sure:

What I don't buy is marvin lobbying hard for the guy, and getting COMPLETELY rebuffed.

But Lenny said some unnamed person(s) are suspicious that the above is exactly what might be happening, and he backed up those suspicions by pointing out nothing about everything. Frankly, it's all very damning...if you want it to be, and the genius of it all is that none of the charges can be disproven because nothing was actually said.

Unsubstantiated suspicions-opinions=facts if they support your argument.

Gotcha. :sure:

Those who forget the past = doomed to repeat it.

I think we all know how a million Bengal fans will spin things if Arrington isn't signed. Post after post will be written about how Marvin wanted Arrington regardless of the cost, but Mikey wanted new floormats in his Chevy Lumina. So in a mad display of coupon shopping and misguided management the hated son of Paul will overrule the kindly good soldier that is Marvin Lewis. Victory denied. The coin of the realm must be hidden away so that on some didtant date it can be spent on nothing at all. Finally, in a pathetic display that is almost unbearable for all Bengal fans to watch Marvin will be trotted before the media and forced against his will to claim that the decision to not overpay Arrington was his alone.

But we'll all know he's lying.