The Real ?

Spain

I was in a mad rage and still am. (Palmer Hit). However what can we learn from this? Is the real ?. I thought about it a while and it came to me. We had better not fall into that finese type team. We had better be willing to beat people. (not like the cheap shotters). But like the bears did to our D line. Cowher is a bastard but he is right you better just beat the team next to you. Leave them hurtin.(no cheap shots) But come in and beat them. Im talking about hard nose football(not cheap shot bastards). So I pose this ? Do we need to get a dose of physical here in Cincy? That is the real ?

I agree that physical play is what kept the patriots a step ahead of everyone else. They had guys like Rodney Harrison who would lay a hit on a guy even if he couldnt catch the ball just to send a message or say hello. Having a bruiser like Rudi helped to bring up the physical play but we really didnt have any hard hitters besides odell on the defensive side of the ball.

I agree that physical play is what kept the patriots a step ahead of everyone else. They had guys like Rodney Harrison who would lay a hit on a guy even if he couldnt catch the ball just to send a message or say hello. Having a bruiser like Rudi helped to bring up the physical play but we really didnt have any hard hitters besides odell on the defensive side of the ball.

I expect Pollack to emerge as another such hard hitter, and Madieu will be the same when we have him back. I think we're plenty phyisical enough to win a Superbowl everywhere on this team aside from the defensive line.

This type of game requires you run the ball and wear d efenses out. I have yet to see this team wear defense out. I think we need a FB that can run the ball. A bettis,Alstot type player. Rudi is a great back but is to small to pound people. I wonder what it would it would cost us or how high we would have to pick a deal sealer. IMHO its just not Rudis game.

This type of game requires you run the ball and wear d efenses out. I have yet to see this team wear defense out. I think we need a FB that can run the ball. A bettis,Alstot type player. Rudi is a great back but is to small to pound people. I wonder what it would it would cost us or how high we would have to pick a deal sealer. IMHO its just not Rudis game.

What drugs are you on right now? Rudi DOES pound people. He does it as well as Bettis.

Spain, I tend to just let things be when you say something crazy and nine times out of tem, find them pretty amusing because it gets people worked up, but Rudi pounds the ball something fierce !!! If we have the lead late in the game, give the ball to Rudi and pencil in the "W" because it's over. I expect huge things from Rudi next year, especially with his knee being in a better state...

WHODEY !!!

I hate to tell you we only pounded one team all year. That was detroit. Ilike Rudi but he is to small tom pound s**te. The guys a good back on one hell of a offense he should have better numbers. There is a reason he isnt in the probowl. Whats that he is not a probowl back. And he aint no deal sealer. While the O takes some of the blame, Rudi is not a deal sealer. You watch Bettis he wears people down. We need a big back in our rotation that can get a 4th and 1. Give me a larry kinebrew type guy.

I'd say it's unfair to ask Rudi to be like Bettis, who is has more rushing yards in his career than anyone else except three people.

We pounded quite a few teams early in the year, and Rudi was by no means absent in those games. Hell, he clobbered the Browns AGAIN this year, and even had success against the Steelers. He's physical enough.

I understand what your saying TB, right but you dont get me . We need a Fb that can run and make shortyardage. We need someone like that in our rotation. This O lacks a big back. Imagine Perry Rudi Bettis. These big guys are haed to find though. Alstot but he aint going no where. I would like to see JJ run. Its like the leauge is afraid to run the FB. The Steelers arent!

I understand what your saying TB, right but you dont get me . We need a Fb that can run and make shortyardage. We need someone like that in our rotation. This O lacks a big back. Imagine Perry Rudi Bettis. These big guys are haed to find though. Alstot but he aint going no where. I would like to see JJ run. Its like the leauge is afraid to run the FB. The Steelers arent!

I wouldn't mind seeing JJ get some carries, I think he could be a solid short yardage back. I just don't think we need to add any new players to get that physicality you are looking for. I'd say we already have it... We just need to let Rudi carry the ball on consistent basis rather than have those stupid 12 and 13 carry games.

Why do you think 13 carries. Its because we are all Palmer. Thats why Pitt went low. No one tries to stop Rudi. They play Palmer, they have to. Rudi should of had 2000 yards. reminds me of Edgrin James. Any one can run behind great lines. I dont want to dog rudi he is a work horse. We just need that added dimension. We didnt make one fourth and one dude. How can you argue with me?

I hate to break it to you, but while JJ is a good blocking back, he is no short yardage back. Rudi does just fine in short yardage.

Or Bobbie Williams not capturing the line, thats why I think we will draft Gillis.

Williams had a good year. He was much improved, he just needed time to gain chemistry and an understanding of how the guys next to him were going to act. Also, we kinda grabbed two guys last year to play Guard/Center. Bluto and his pal Adam will be there, we don't need a guard unless we can't find a way to keep Steiny and Levi.

This just in...Jerome Bettis (1) was never a fullback and (2) retired. It's like Spain gets a hair up his butt and decides that he's figured out a way to outwhit all of the braintrust of the NFL. If you think that Rudi is soft and small, then ask the fans in Arizona/Philadelphia/Dallas/Tennessee/Houston, etc. about soft backs.

I don't know why I even open a thread started by Spain.

Kimo's hit wasn't a cheap shot...quit crying it happened like 3 months ago..you got beat by the better team. Now thats not supposed to be a shot at the Bengals as i'm sure everyone will take it is...The Steelers ran the table and beat 2 #1 seeds a #2 and a #3..thats why i'd say they were the better team.

as for your question..I think your team is fine just how they are, alot of young talent who are just going to get better with experience, last season was alot of your guys first playoff exp. and although it ended pretty quickly I think they can still gain something from it going into next year.

Spain...you ignorant slut...

Rudi doesn't pound people.???..don't look at the 4 and 1 stat to detrmine Rudi's pwnage...that is a result of brat...not Rudi...look to his yards after contact...a better indicator. Look at the number of runs for 1st downs...hell, look at the fact that the guy played with torn cartiliage the whole year and is a tough Mofo...you on the other hand are a dumbaZZZZZZZZ...

You say he should have better numbers?? Tell brat to stick with the run game...that is not Rudi's fault it is brat's vertical assult system..

In two years as a starter, he has 698 carries...2912 yards...4,2 yrds/carry...24 TD's...152 FD's and 12 runs for more than 20 yards....all the while setting Cincy records for carries and yards per season.

Spain, if Rudi ran for 1500 yards and had a 5.1 avg per carry, you'd complain we are not throwing enough to CJ, TJ, and underutilizing Perry..

If you need to complain about somehting, think of something valid first, then check the stats, then ask yourself if your issue will be considered ignorant trolling...if you can answer YES to any of those three ?'s, then don't post!

Kimo's hit wasn't a cheap shot...quit crying it happened like 3 months ago..you got beat by the better team. Now thats not supposed to be a shot at the Bengals as i'm sure everyone will take it is...The Steelers ran the table and beat 2 #1 seeds a #2 and a #3..thats why i'd say they were the better team.

Please explain to me where this has anything to do with the thread and why you feel the need to justify yourself on our board ?? Don't you have a bomb threat to call in ??

Let me nominate this Steeler "fan" as another one to add to the "TROLL" designation !!!

WHODEY !!!

I'd say it's unfair to ask Rudi to be like Bettis, who is has more rushing yards in his career than anyone else except three people.

We pounded quite a few teams early in the year, and Rudi was by no means absent in those games. Hell, he clobbered the Browns AGAIN this year, and even had success against the Steelers. He's physical enough.

It is unfair to compare Rudi to Bettis....... Rudi is not a Fat f**k!!!!!!!! The only reason why people cant tackle Bettis is because nobody could rap their arms around him cause he is so big n fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

But Rudi is much more agile and quicker than Bettis.

It is unfair to compare Rudi to Bettis....... Rudi is not a Fat f**k!!!!!!!! The only reason why people cant tackle Bettis is because nobody could rap their arms around him cause he is so big n fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

True enough, but you have to give the man credit for holding up all that weight and having some great footwork. He earned all those yards. Rudi is putting up big numbers though... if he can stay healthy and play behind a line as good as he does, who knows where he could end up eventually in the NFL history books.