Bengals now 0-3

B24

The difference between being 0-3 and at least 2-1 is the play of our quarterback.

Kitna had an interception in the redzone today. Talk about making mistakes at inopportune times. Kitna makes all his mistakes at the absolute worse possible times.

Start Matthews. Start Palmer. Anybody but Kitna.

i say go with matthews let carson sit untill the end of the season then let him get some gametime before taking over next year -- kitna isn't the answer at starting QB or even 2nd string, at best he is a 3rd rate QB that tries to make playes when he cant :angry:

P.S. i hope Marvin lewis gets rid off Bratt & kitna get them out of Cincinnati for the 2004 season, or the fans will revolt

kitna at best is a 3rd stringer

&

Bratt at best is a WATERBOY, i could call better plays then the offensive COACH who wont mix it up and put some rassamataz into it :P

i agree....kit's mistake today was hitting the receiver in the wrong place.....his hands!!!!

Not sure if you're talking about the interception, but that ball was tipped by a Steeler.

So maybe you meant to say "kit's mistake today was hitting the DEFENDER in the wrong place.....his hands!!!!" :P

the unstated rule is: any time a ball hits or touches a receivers hands he is expected to make the catch...but we all know the qb gets the blame from the fans.....goes with the position....understand everyone's thinking that if we're going to have interceptions, let's have them with palmer.....

i agree....kit's mistake today was hitting the receiver in the wrong place.....his hands!!!!

Not sure if you're talking about the interception, but that ball was tipped by a Steeler.

Yup. Which is why I can't get too upset about the pick. Routes are gonna get jumped (like last week) and balls are going to get tipped (like this week). I'm far more concerned that, after that drive, the offense did jack spit the rest of the game. If Beckett hadn't snagged an INT of our own I don't think we would have had any points at all before the half.

Kitna does need to go -- but not due to the INT. He has to go because he can't carry the offense without Dillon. And Dillon's loss was the reason why the offense went dead. Unfortunately, Matthews isn't actually here to be used, unless there's an emergency, and Palmer isn't ready yet. He'd better get ready, tho, because if the L's continue, he'll be starting after the bye week.

back in early Oct. '02 not many knew about palmer. i was hoping the kid from So. Cal would go unnoticed and slip thru to the Bengals. WOWL good thing we had the # 1 pick.... i'm really glad to have him and think he has a tremendous future. but for now... i will continue to suppory kit...although i do question if all the players are behind kit....they should play hard for whom ever....but they too know carson is the future

back in early Oct. '02 not many knew about palmer. i was hoping the kid from So. Cal would go unnoticed and slip thru to the Bengals. WOWL good thing we had the # 1 pick.... i'm really glad to have him and think he has a tremendous future. but for now... i will continue to suppory kit...although i do question if all the players are behind kit....they should play hard for whom ever....but they too know carson is the future

I don't think anyone isn't giving their all just because Kitna is in there. These guys want to win, but for some reason that doesn't happen very often.

I don't really want to see Palmer in there yet either, but it will come to a point in the season where they are going to have to plan for the future. If we're going to lose we'd might as well get Palmer in there and get him ready for next year.

If we are 0-5 at the bye, which is possible if we don't win at Cleveland this week, I say go ahead and put Palmer in.

Manning started his rookie season. He's turned out pretty good. Vick started some his rookie season, didn't hurt his progress. The preseason hurt him.