With The 24th Overall Pick

WretchedOne

Why would we take Henderson at 24 when he will be there at 55?????

I appreciate all the stats and opinions and I agree that Henderson could be a good one...but you have him in several of your drafts going in r3???

VERY VERY VERY few players vault from 7-10 back at their position (r3-5) and jump to r1 based on the combine. The last one I can think of is Fabain Washington because he ran like a 4.2 or some such. I classify this as a rech of all reaches. Your prediction of Joseph jumping up is more likely than this.

Henderson would be a slight reach at 55....I would take him there if we thought of him as BPA....Most places he is in the mid-50's to mid-70's...concerns over injuries justify a player ranking and how well he will pan out in the NFL....Ben Wilkerson was a sure-fire r1 (top 15) player till he detonated his knee....and he was a undrafted FA pick-up...

Eric is furute Pro Bowler.

Projected rounds mean absolutely nothing, every NFL team will have players ranked differently based what there PsON are.

I would not put much stock into what a draft site says. I'd put more faith in Fox sports and NFL.com

Fox Sports: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/4810362

This article was posted 19 days ago, early this Feb.

DE Eric Henderson -- Though he missed six games over the last two seasons, he was a big play kind of guy for the Tech defense. He could sneak into the first round, but somewhere in the second round is more likely.

Gil Brandt's NFL.com rankings: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9244060

First players likely to be picked (listed alphabetically):

1. Broderick Bunkley, Florida State (No. 10)

2. Dusty Dvoracek, Oklahoma (No. 14)

3. Tamba Hali, Penn State (No. 19)

4. Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College (No. 28)

5. Haloti Ngata, Oregon (No. 38)

6. Darryl Tapp, Virginia Tech (No. 47)

7. Gabe Watson, Michigan (No. 48)

8. Mario Williams, N.C. State (No. 50)

9. Kamerion Wimbley, Florida State (No. 51)*

10. Rodrique Wright, Texas (No. 52)

11. Claude Wroten, Louisiana State (No. 53)

* -- Some teams might view Wimbley as a rush linebacker in a 3-4 defensive scheme.

More names to know:

Elvis Dumervil, Louisville (No. 13)

Orien Harris, Miami (Fla.) (No. 21)

Eric Henderson, Georgia Tech (No. 23)

Manny Lawson, N.C. State (No. 31)

Jonathan Lewis, Virginia Tech (No. 32)

Babatunde Oshinowo, Stanford (No. 41)

Logan Mankins was supposed to a 3rd round guy in the 2005 Draft. The Pats took him in the 1st.

Just baffling.

There is no reason to take a player who is widely known and recognized as barely in the top 10 of DE's as the 24th pick.

This is not like he's going to show up and people say, "WOW, how did we miss this guy? Where did he play Middle Nowhere State University????" No. This guy is a known player, with known qualities and abilities and known downsides and drawbacks.

BTW, the Brandt article you reference is for ALL Defensive Lineman, including NT's, DT's, DE's and a few guys who will end up at LB in the NFL. Additionally, they are listed alphabetically, not in any other order, rank or rating.

Unless someone falls in love with him and has him as the silent sleeper, do not look for him to be taken any earlier than late r2. If the Bengals take him at 24, it would be one of the dumber moves ever...