Salcap Numbers for All 32 Teams

HoosierCat

Thought this was worth posting for future reference if only because of the note in bold.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Comme...nolds022006.htm

Operating under the assumption that, as Upshaw put it, a new deal was “doubtful,” here are the current players and bystanders based on up-to-date salary-cap data provided by an NFL club. (Team, amount under the projected cap)

1. Cleveland Browns: $25 million

2. Arizona Cardinals: $24.5 million

3. Minnesota Vikings: $24 million

4. Green Bay Packers $22 million

5. Seattle Seahawks: $20 million

6. San Francisco 49ers: $18 million

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: $17 million

Chicago Bears: $17 million

Cincinnati Bengals: $17 million

8. San Diego Chargers: $16.5 million

9. Baltimore Ravens: $16 million

10. St. Louis Rams: $14 million

11. Houston Texans: $14 million

12. Buffalo Bills: $11 million

13. New Orleans Saints: $10 million

14. Detroit Lions: $9 million

15. Philadelphia: $6.5 million

16. New York Giants: $3.5 million

17. Dallas Cowboys: $3 million

18. New England Patriots: $500,000

19. Indianapolis Colts: Even at $93.25 million

20. Carolina Panthers: $2 million over

21. Pittsburgh Steelers: $4.5 million over

22. Miami Dolphins: $5 million over

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $9 million over

24. Atlanta Falcons: $10 million over

25. Tennessee Titans: $14.7 million over

26. Washington Redskins: $19 million over

27. Kansas City Chiefs: $19 million over

28. Denver Broncos: $23 million over

29. New York Jets: $26 million over

30. Oakland Raiders: $27 million over

There's a whole lotta money there for our Bengals... I hope they make a push for at least one quality free agent... Just one.

I'm surprised to see the Seahawks in such good shape. They may be in a good position to end the recent trend of Superbowl losers having terrible seasons. Other than them, we appear to be in the best shape among the playoff teams (tied with Jacksonville).

Hey Joisey???? Where was Hob's getting his numbers??? These seem more generous????

Hobs claims to have relied on "published figures culled from a variety of sources." In other words, who knows? PFW's numbers jibe with most non-Hobson accounts I've seen, tho. And they would suggest that even if you knock off money for RFA tenders and rooks and even $3-4 million or so for the cushion the Bengals always carry into the season, the team should have $7-8 million for extensions and FA, not the $4 million Hobs estimated.

Hey Joisey???? Where was Hob's getting his numbers??? These seem more generous????

Hobs claims to have relied on "published figures culled from a variety of sources." In other words, who knows? PFW's numbers jibe with most non-Hobson accounts I've seen, tho. And they would suggest that even if you knock off money for RFA tenders and rooks and even $3-4 million or so for the cushion the Bengals always carry into the season, the team should have $7-8 million for extensions and FA, not the $4 million Hobs estimated.

Those were my calculations as well...

Thanks Joisey :cheers:

The Bengals won't chase anyone at Abraham's price level guys; they never do, no matter what the cap situation, as it runs counter to the front office's philosophy. But what having eight bills or so to work with ought to mean is that they can get one or two o-line extensions done and still have enough to go after a top-caliber option at a relatively inexpensive position like safety (i.e. Archuleta).

Howard? Depends on where he falls in FA. If the DE market is scanty his price tag will probably be too high...and with Vanden Bosch resigned in Tennessee and Abraham awaiting the tag, his value is only going up.

There's a whole lotta money there for our Bengals... I hope they make a push for at least one quality free agent... Just one.

I'm surprised to see the Seahawks in such good shape. They may be in a good position to end the recent trend of Superbowl losers having terrible seasons. Other than them, we appear to be in the best shape among the playoff teams (tied with Jacksonville).

might as well subtrast 10 - 15 million, from that # with hutchinson and alexander needing to be resigned.

No way in hell we sign a FA de for over 3 millon a year.

A note from schecter @ nfl.com...

INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 24, 2006) -- -- At a time when most teams are struggling to get under the NFL's salary cap, the Detroit Lions have just hit The Powerball.

This week, maybe the most optimum week, the Lions were granted a preposterous $11.75 million salary-cap credit due to a playtime incentive that defensive tackle Shaun Rogers failed to reach last season.

So to update the above chart a bit the Lions are now about $22 million beneath the cap...meaning the entire NFCN is about $80 million under the cap collectively...