Super Bowl/Refs Give Steelers the Super Bowl

sodikart

Seattle Had a TD in the 1st quarter taken away by a phantom call-

They had a TD in the 2nd quarter that wasn't reviewed called an incomplete pass - WTF?

On a critical play they had a pass to the 1yd line taken away off another phantom holding call.

Tainted ass victory. Horrible.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the worst Super Bowl ever bar none.

It is a disgrace for the whole NFL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost enough to make you seriously question the integrity of the game.

................................................................................

"Damn those were some bad calls !"

LMAO! Not that it matters . . . with Seattle's clock management, the BROWNS could have beaten them!

PS - Has anyone actually SEEN Black Jesus and Hunter Thompson together?

I honestly didn't see all the terrible officiating that everyone is screaming about. I wanted the Seahawks to win it as much as anyone, but it looked to me like most of the bad things that happened to them were their own doing. The pass interference call was one that wouldn't have been under fire in a regular season game... A push off is a push off.

There was one holding call that seemed to be completely undeserved, being the one where Stevens caught the ball at the one yard line. That was certainly a big play, and made a difference. Still, while the rest was somewhat questionable, it didn't look like an outright fix to me.

I honestly didn't see all the terrible officiating that everyone is screaming about. I wanted the Seahawks to win it as much as anyone, but it looked to me like most of the bad things that happened to them were their own doing. The pass interference call was one that wouldn't have been under fire in a regular season game... A push off is a push off.

There was one holding call that seemed to be completely undeserved, being the one where Stevens caught the ball at the one yard line. That was certainly a big play, and made a difference. Still, while the rest was somewhat questionable, it didn't look like an outright fix to me.

Wow, you must have watched a different game. I think Ben's qb rating was like 26, yet he wins a Super Bowl. The play of the game was the pass to the 1 that was negated. Not only was that not holding, but the Squealer was clearly off-sides.

All I know is Little Ben was given a tremendous gift. Not just from the officials, but from a Seattle team that could not overcome the bad calls. There have been some great qbs that have never won a Super Bowl. Little Ben gets one gift wrapped and handed to him. What a sham(e).

I was watching the game with 7 other guys, none of whom were Bengals fans; one was a Pitt fan the others were Bills, Jets and Giants fans. Everyone, even the Steeler fan, agreed the officiating was a joke and Seattle got totally screwed (tho the Steeler fan wasn't going to argue with being the benficiary of the ref's largesse).

ABC, NFL, REFS...Damn everyone of them KISSING :inlove: that Squeeler ASS! Did you all notice all the promos where of the freaking Squeelers!!! And I dont think they sold any tickets to Seattle fans(not that there is many anyway) the place was full of the Blue collar Steeler Fans..God even HANK JR. was wearing a GD Squeeler shirt.(I just threw away every Hank jr. cd I had S.O.B). Anyway this weekend sucked and that tight end Seattle had that poor guy couldnt catch a cold!!!!! :bengal:

Wow, you must have watched a different game. I think Ben's qb rating was like 26, yet he wins a Super Bowl. The play of the game was the pass to the 1 that was negated. Not only was that not holding, but the Squealer was clearly off-sides.

All I know is Little Ben was given a tremendous gift. Not just from the officials, but from a Seattle team that could not overcome the bad calls. There have been some great qbs that have never won a Super Bowl. Little Ben gets one gift wrapped and handed to him. What a sham(e).

I don't disagree, the refs were bad... But I just don't buy into all of the claims that the game was fixed. You may or may not be one who is claiming such. It was a bad game to watch in every way, and if there is a God and if he cares about football in the least, then the proper vengeance shall be had in 2006.

I don't disagree, the refs were bad... But I just don't buy into all of the claims that the game was fixed. You may or may not be one who is claiming such. It was a bad game to watch in every way, and if there is a God and if he cares about football in the least, then the proper vengeance shall be had in 2006.

No, I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy. I did hear where the back judge was a Pittsburgh native, but I don't even know if that is true. I just think the refs were awful and it just so happened to be in Pittsburgh's favor. I do think the officiating probably cost the Seahawks a championship. IMO the Steelers deserve to be World Champions by virtue of beating an excellent Colts team and a very good Denver team. Notice I didn't say Cincy, because I still think the Bengals win that game with Carson at the helm.

It didn't seem to me that either team was worthy of the Super Bowl Champ title last night. I give Pitt credit for beating the 1, 2 & 3 (thanks Kimo) seeds, but they played a very poor game on the world's biggest stage.

In closing, I JUST HATE FREAKING PITTSBURGH!!!!!

I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist, so here's what I think.

The NFL always picks the more popular team and skews the game there way. With Pitt's fans and the fact that no one cares what goes on in rain soaked Seattle I knew going into the game Pitt was getting the calls.

Think back to the Indy game. How could anyone say the Polamalu INT was incomplete. But you gotta give the Golden Boy Manning as many chances as you can.

And what drove them to decide to play a Saints home game in New York?

All about that paper. Dollar Dollar bills, y;all :P

Probably the worst played Super Bowl ever

IMO the Steelers deserve to be World Champions by virtue of beating an excellent Colts team and a very good Denver team. Notice I didn't say Cincy, because I still think the Bengals win that game with Carson at the helm.

It didn't seem to me that either team was worthy of the Super Bowl Champ title last night. I give Pitt credit for beating the 1, 2 & 3 (thanks Kimo) seeds, but they played a very poor game on the world's biggest stage.

Agreed.

I firmly believe that had Palmer not gone down, we would have beaten the Steelers, beaten the Plummer led Broncos, and then beaten either the choker Colts or the secondary deficient Patriots. It pains me to believe that the Bengals would be hoisting that trophy right now had everything gone as it should have gone.