Taking a CB?

buck3y3d

I spent some time reviewing the Combine and game tapes and am climbing on the Jason Allen bandwagon, if we are taking a corner -- who incidentally can/has played safety.

Great news -- the Bengals will have good choices!! :lol::sure::cheers:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it might not be the popular pick because of the what ifs at other positions, but boy it would be exciting to see Hester back there returning punts. Sort of like looking forward to seeing Ginn from Ohio St. everytime he touches the ball. God knows I'm sick of seeing Ratliff look like he's never been on the field when returns punts. Hey Ratliff, try running ahead as opposed to side to side. Boy he frustrated the hell out of me last year...

WHODEY !!!

I know it might not be the popular pick because of the what ifs at other positions, but boy it would be exciting to see Hester back there returning punts. Sort of like looking forward to seeing Ginn from Ohio St. everytime he touches the ball. God knows I'm sick of seeing Ratliff look like he's never been on the field when returns punts. Hey Ratliff, try running ahead as opposed to side to side. Boy he frustrated the hell out of me last year...

WHODEY !!!

If you want someone to run straight ahead, Hester aint your guy. The guy's overrated.

WHODEY !!!

If you want someone to run straight ahead, Hester aint your guy. The guy's overrated.

Watching film he doesnt look overrated. He def. is an major upgrade over PWubb and Krat

WHODEY !!!

Going back and watching the games this past season would indicate otherwise, but besides that, 4.27 speed helps out greatly !!! I'm just frustrated with Ratliff and would love to see some electricity back there returning kicks. Once again, not saying he's the best option or that it will happen, but I wouldn't mind either...

WHODEY !!!

Tory James went to the Pro Bowl due to his interceptions and the his popularity with the stat geeks, not based on his speed or tackling ability...or even his ability to cover people.

Speed alone does not a corner make. James isn't the fastest corner out there, but he's effective. I'd rather have a guy who takes drives away with interceptions than a guy who is really fast.

Tory James went to the Pro Bowl due to his interceptions and the his popularity with the stat geeks, not based on his speed or tackling ability...or even his ability to cover people.

Speed alone does not a corner make. James isn't the fastest corner out there, but he's effective. I'd rather have a guy who takes drives away with interceptions than a guy who is really fast.

I agree with all of you guys to tell you the truth... I just want someone to return punts as opposed to taking the fair catch or running around in circles like an assclown only to get tackled for a loss...

WHODEY !!!

Count me as one that doesn't want to spend any pick before the 5th round on a guy that will be emphasized as a punt returner. Perhaps if our current options were really THAT bad, but I haven't been dissatisfied with Ratiff, honestly. He is careful with the football, and there's nothing like a punt return to make me fearful of fumbles (thanks, Warrick).

I also think Tab Perry should get some opportunities as a returner judging by his performance as a kick returner. Granted he may not have the shiftiness necessary. I wouldn't object to taking Hester though, because I expect him to be an effective defender as well.

Why not pick Sinorice in round two to be a punt returner/#3 WR?

He will probably drop to us in the second based on OTHER wideouts and the fact that he's small.

It could work. I wouldn't be a fan of picking a receiver on day one, but oh well. Did Sinorice return punts in college? I know Hester did for the Hurricanes, but I suppose Moss might have been in there as well, a la Holmes and Ginn for the Buckeyes.

Why not pick Sinorice in round two to be a punt returner/#3 WR?

He will probably drop to us in the second based on OTHER wideouts and the fact that he's small.

It could work. I wouldn't be a fan of picking a receiver on day one, but oh well. Did Sinorice return punts in college? I know Hester did for the Hurricanes, but I suppose Moss might have been in there as well, a la Holmes and Ginn for the Buckeyes.

I don't know if he did or not, but the dude is QUICK and fast.

For whatever it might be worth I just heard Kiper pimp small school CB Daniel Manning as one of the true sleepers in the draft. What caught my attention was his big play capability, having scored 10 TD's in his career, half from the secondary, and half as a punt and kickoff return man. Kiper said he was a raw CB prospect, as is Hester, but claimed Manning has enough upside to potentially develope into a true starter.