The D will step up...

NJ29

I have a feeling, that this week, the guys on D will dig their heels in and deliver a big game. Cincinnati is going to being rocking, and I think our fans will help lead our Defense to a better performance. We might not have that great of a D, but we have some guys with balls, and I think guys like Odell and Deltha will will us to a victory.

Im with you, this d got hung out to dry by the O the KC game. The four games before they played the run well. Water boy has turned the corner. J smith is having his best year along with simmons. Deltha is a theif. Odell is a beast. This D has players they just havent put it together yet. Til now.

The D may play better with the emotional atmosphere at home you would like to think - along with some guys coming back like Powell and Robinson and Deltha, who have playoff experience.

Aside from that, the offense, as always, will have a ton of pressure on them to score 30+ points. The defense here makes me ill to watch still. I have lost a lot of confidence in them to even have a fluke good game at this point, but, the Bengals' as a team are perfectly capable of beating the Steelers. So I guess we'll see if this team decides to show up and not drop passes, and get off the field on 3rd down, on defense.

The bad news is that out of the playoff teams. 9 rank in the top 10 in points allowed. The Giants are 14th and the Pat's are 17th, and sadly the Bengals are 22nd. This sucks, because every football fan knows the following cliche'. Defense, running, and stopping the run are the keys to playoff success, and the Bengals suck at 2 of the 3. I'm all for lightning in a bottle, but 4 times will be tough. 1 game at a time though.

Well, same game plan as always versus the Burgh:

Score early and get a lead

Don't turn the ball over on offense

Limit Steelers' running game

Confuse Ben as much as possible and make him throw it more than Cowher likes him to.

If the Bengals' can't get up for this game and leave everything on the field Sunday, they don't belong in the playoffs any ways.

Chris Henry cannot afford to drop sure TD catches again.

This is "not" just another game - don't care what Marvin and Carson say about their approach this week to placate the media - they need to play at the highest level possible for 4 quarters from here on out obviously - they need to come out Sunday with a chip on their shoulder and wanting to prove this season wasn't just a fluke against bad teams.

Chad keeping his trap shut this week will be a good thing.

Chad keeping his trap shut this week will be a good thing.

Agreed. Hopefully he understands that now is not the time for any shanannagins. I won't mind if he does a touchdown celebration or four, but he better not talk to the danged media about it prior to the game.