I'll buy your tickets

jjakq27

Sadly, many are too late, from Lance's blog:

Email of the day

Lance:

I'd like to thank the Bengals and their fans. I will be in town this weekend, with 21 other buddies at work that bought tickets from Bengals season ticket holders on EBAY. Look for us. We are working on our banners. I just finished one that says WHO-WE!. Look for it. Some of us will be behind the Bengals bench. We will be tailgating before the game. Can you recommend a spot?. Stop by and we will have a beer waiting with your name on it. Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron E, Pittsburgh

:angry:

That's really frustrating. I know the Bengals were trying to reward season ticket holders, but their doing so is being betrayed. I would have loved to have tried to get some at face value after the season tix holders got theirs. Giving the season tix folk opportunities to buy extras at face simply created a market for resale that allows this to happen.

Pretty stupid.

This on the Bengals website:

"5. FANS: When Lewis took the job, he said he wanted to take the Terrible Towels out of Paul Brown Stadium and urged Bengals fans not to sell their tickers to Steelers fans. Sunday’s orange and black cloud cover should mark a defining moment for him and the franchise in front of what figures to be 65,000-plus for the 20th straight sellout"

Don't sell your tickets to any steelers fans!!!

WhoDey!

The "real" fans holding season tickets are not the ones selling. The problem is that ticket brokers own a ton of season tickets in PBS. They're the ones selling on ebay. If you look at the sellers past transactions, you'll see that they are mostly selling tickets for events all over the country. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about it. I bought mine from a broker downtown and they said most of their tickets were on ebay.

I understand trying to reward the season ticket holders, but isn't their reward guaranteed playoff tickets?

For the playoffs, I'm a fan of a walk up pre-sale at the venue. When they set the on-sale you head down to PBS and wait in line and hope for a bit of luck. At least that way you get hard core local fans in.

They've done that every year for the Red Wings playoff tickets here in Detroit and it seems to work very well.

W/e I'l be there with my season ticket, who gives a rat s**t, there will be more bengal fans there, and they'll be juiced enough as it is.

the players will be riding an adrenaline rush like no other.

I'd really lik to hope Brians simmons turns into ray lewis out there. some one shoot him up some adreneline.