Pro Bowl

duus

For the Steelers --> 4 starters ... 2 on offense and 2 on defense.

Snubs, according to local sports show --> Hampton, ASmith, Ward, Roethlisburger

Cowher complained about how Hines and Ben do an incredible job "in the system." He said these guys deserve to be in the Pro Bowl and "can match up with anybody."

Bring out the tissues once again. The arrogance will never go away. They always deserve the glory over everyone else ... it will always be that way.

Cowher complained about how Hines and Ben do an incredible job "in the system." He said these guys deserve to be in the Pro Bowl and "can match up with anybody."

Bring out the tissues once again. The arrogance will never go away. They always deserve the glory over everyone else ... it will always be that way.

I didnt realize handing the ball off and blocking downfield were part of the ProBowl evaluation criteria :rolleyes:

Hell with the #2 seed, I want to play these guys again and shut them the hell up once and for all.

Hell with the #2 seed, I want to play these guys again and shut them the hell up once and for all.

That's just the issue. If we face them in the playoffs and completey obliterate them, they'd still have excuses and things to whine about. They are better than every team they have ever faced, win or lose, in their spoiled minds. This problem will never go away, so we sit back and enjoy their futile complaining. B)

And just who does Mr BigLip think his system QB should be replacing on the Pro Bowl roster ?

And just who does Mr BigLip think his system QB should be replacing on the Pro Bowl roster ?

No kidding, the AFC is as deep at the QB position as I can remember. I think Brees has more of a complaint than Worthlessberger does.

I do think Roethlisburger should be first alternate instead of Jake the Snake (or whoever it was). Also, Hines Ward WAS first alternate (he could have been selected but you can't really complain about who was chosen instead at WR). I don't think the Squealers did that badly.

I do think Roethlisburger should be first alternate instead of Jake the Snake (or whoever it was). Also, Hines Ward WAS first alternate (he could have been selected but you can't really complain about who was chosen instead at WR). I don't think the Squealers did that badly.

I do think that Hampton belongs in there. That guy is a monster. Aaron Smith got looked over, if the Steelers had 1 or 2 more wins this year he probably would have gotten recognized.

Ward belongs in there for his playing effort if nothing else. He is very reliable, has 10 TD's and lays out some great blocks for his fellow team mates.

Roethlisberger was hurt this year and plays for a run first team. It's hard to make a great case for him.

Last year the Steelers got over recognized with 9 probowlers because of the 15-1 record. It really doen't matter to me. What really maters is what they do in January! B)

Maybe Big Bum and Crybaby Ward can go watch the game in Hawaii together while Carson Palmer to Chad Johnson scores.

Yeah, they will just be getting home from Detroit anyways with a ton of stuff to take care of, like getting sized for rings. :P

Yeah, they will just be getting home from Detroit anyways with a ton of stuff to take care of, like getting sized for rings. :P

Don't they have to actually be IN the playoffs before they get sized for Super Bowl rings? KtHX!

I hope the Squeelers have fun during the playoffs, they'll be inside where it's nice and warm having a cup of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows with their manlovers and their Iron City Swill.

The Bengals will be playing football.

Sorry but no one's talking about the Steelers lately - in the media or otherwise - but I think with a healthy enough Ben and that defense, they are as good as anybody.

I do NOT want to face them in the playoffs - they are too evenly matched, know the Bengals' too well, and have the revenge factor psychological advantage going in.

I think Pitt, if they get in or don't blow it, have as good a chance as any team, and it's amazing no one on the NFL TV crews ever mentions them in their top 5, or as a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Before fellow Bengals' fans toast me for being an enemy sympathizer - you know the above is true. I'll just spare you the empty bravado rah rah stuff. Pitt's a good team and Ben's a very capable QB and will be right up there with Manning, Brady and Palmer for a long time. He lit us up last time and at Miami he proved he could throw the ball whenever he needed to. People act as if he's an option QB almost. The guy is good...unfortunately.

I do not want to see Pitt in the playoffs in this year's scenario, as much fun as it is to beat them, ecspecially Ward, I would HATE to lose that game even more.

I expect the Steelers to make it in over San Diego. I hope it happens that way too.

I don't. If the Steelers make the playoffs it'll be like they got a mulligan. The rematch against the Bengals was a huge game and at the time it was played was considered a must win for the Steelers. They lost. At home. Now we find that the Dolphins surprise victory over the Chargers opened up the backdoor for the Steelers.

So how can Steeler fans talk smack after a mulligan? (It's just habit, right?)

I expect the Steelers to make it in over San Diego. I hope it happens that way too.

I don't. If the Steelers make the playoffs it'll be like they got a mulligan. The rematch against the Bengals was a huge game and at the time it was played was considered a must win for the Steelers. They lost. At home. Now we find that the Dolphins surprise victory over the Chargers opened up the backdoor for the Steelers.

So how can Steeler fans talk smack after a mulligan? (It's just habit, right?)

I don't know...I'm torn. I don't want to play the steelers again, but I really don't want to play the chargers. I consider the chargers one of the top 4-5 teams in the league.

Bullcrap. I want to play the Steelers again. I want them every chance we can get them. Then when Palmer goes off, Rudi pounds them, and Chad dances I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

I respect Rothelisgbuerkagasker, I really do. He basically is in his sophomore slump. But to even try and say he is an All Pro is a slap in the face of the other great (and I do mean great) AFC QBs out there. This year Rothlsoidsfasdgdsaberger is a middle of the road, won't lose you the game, kind of QB.

I continue to not understand this fear of Pitt. Didn't we beat them the last time -- in their place? Yes, they won before that in PBS -- because of a bizarre Bengals offensive blowout in the first half. I have said this before both games, and it is as true now as it was then:

We are the better team. If the Bengals are on their game, Pittsburgh can not beat us. We can cough one up like we did the first time around. But our best vs. their best? We win.

So Pitt beat Chicago and Minny by a combined 39-12 to climb back into the race. Good for them. Anyone remember that we beat the same two teams back-to-back, too? By a combined 61-15?

I would be far, far, far more concerned about SD in the playoffs than Pitt. :bengal:

I continue to not understand this fear of Pitt. Didn't we beat them the last time -- in their place? Yes, they won before that in PBS -- because of a bizarre Bengals offensive blowout in the first half. I have said this before both games, and it is as true now as it was then:

We are the better team. If the Bengals are on their game, Pittsburgh can not beat us. We can cough one up like we did the first time around. But our best vs. their best? We win.

So Pitt beat Chicago and Minny by a combined 39-12 to climb back into the race. Good for them. Anyone remember that we beat the same two teams back-to-back, too? By a combined 61-15?

I would be far, far, far more concerned about SD in the playoffs than Pitt. :bengal:

you saved me alot of typing. the key here is that the team is no longer afraid of Pittsburgh. they definitely have a swagger to them all of sudden, I like it!!!

:cheers::sure: