Chris Henry arrested

BoilersAndBengals

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Henry will have a ton-o-fun staring down the double-barrel Marvin Lewis shotgun.

Better him than me.

I suspect Marvin Lewis will be fair in dealing with this issue with Mr. Henry, but I also have a feeling he will also be firm (like concrete?) in the conditions he'll set forth for Chris to follow. Does anyone here doubt the coaching staff will have a whole new line for him to toe if he want to remain in Cincinnati as a Bengal?

Henry makes how much and can't afford new tags ?? Ignorant plain and simple ignorant !!! Regardless of your opinion of the legalities of pot or what the law enforcement should do about it, Henry F**KED UP !!! I think it is a shame because of his output as a rookie, but oh well... I hope Marvin hammers his asspiece for being STUPID if for no other reason. We will get by without him for the rest of the season, teach his young ass a lesson no one else has obviously bothered to do !!! Next...

WHODEY !!!

I have to ask, how is smoking pot a "character issue"?

It's not....But getting caught with it in your shoe while you are an NFL player is a reflection on the issue of being utterly stupid....

Sure, I agree. But some are calling this a character issue reflecting back to his past. So again, how is this issue, with Henry, a character issue.

Or is it a selfish demand that all players, even at 23 years old, adhere to a Gattaca style policy and culture that comes nothing to reflecting our very own society today?

I do have to add that I don't think that pot should be illegal. But seriously, as someone that's under the spotlight, Chris should have been much smarter than that. When you drive around with weed, you should be careful, let alone make sure you're not speeding, have good plates, and don't be stupid. Plus, we all know that Kentucky cops suck. Come on, Chris, that was just dumb.

Hey, he broke the law!! This is not about YOU and your feelings about Police Officer in Kentucky or any other place, keep your talk about COPS to yourself and just talk about Bengals on this board. :angry:

And another law, actually an amendment, is freedom of speech, so he can talk about whatever he wants as long as it stays within the forum rules <_<

I personally was a full tiem smoker and I quit several years ago for a $40, 000 job. The guy shouldn't have problems with it when he's making 5 times that mich

ArmyBengal Posted 9 minutes ago

Henry makes how much and can't afford new tags ?? Ignorant plain and simple ignorant !!! Regardless of your opinion of the legalities of pot or what the law enforcement should do about it, Henry F**KED UP !!! I think it is a shame because of his output as a rookie, but oh well... I hope Marvin hammers his asspiece for being STUPID if for no other reason. We will get by without him for the rest of the season, teach his young ass a lesson no one else has obviously bothered to do !!! Next...

WHODEY !!!

Yes! Let the Chris Henry hate mail begin!

Geessh :angry:

Funny the KID makes a mistake and is being slammed. Grow up he made a mistake and I am sure he will learn from it...lets move on :bengal:

Im in no position to judge him, cause if I personally did I would be a hypocrit, and dont want anyone to judge me cause I smoke weed occasionally. If he's gonna do it then just do it in your own home, and dont get caught. I HOPE THAT HE REALIZES THAT HE MADE A MISTAKE, AND HE IS IN THE SPOTLIGHT EVEN MORE NOW THAN AT WVU. HE JUST HAS TO LAY LOW FOR A WHILE.

I think he will straighten out, everyone makes mistakes at some time or another.

This sucks.... hopefully he'll learn from this.He has shown alot of promise.The timing really sucks too, right before the playoffs & we're getting alot of media attention. The players & organization has really worked hard to change the image of the Bengals... it's a shame. I know it isn't the end of the world but I could see the announcers bringing it up everytime Henry makes a catch in the playoffs :blush:

I'm not to concerned about the NFL punishment since if he goes to court say 2-3 wks. isn't that when he makes his plea? He could plead innocent which would mean they'd have to set another court date & if he has a lawyer he may even be able to get it set after the season. I'm more interested to see what ML will do . The spokesman for the Bengals has said they won't take any action,although I know ML decides who plays, until the legal part is done. I'm wondering if ML will sit him at all, as someone already mentioned your innocent until proven guilty ?

I'm also curious if the Bengals officially suspend him is that taken into consideration by the NFL when they hand down their sanctions?

I agree........he should have never put himself in that situation (actually, 4 situations. Tags, DL exp, speeding, etc...) Hopefully he will learn from this. You can't do all that at one time at 2am. Even a white girl from da 'nati knows this! In tribute............. I will be rollin up a big blunt tonight.......... :grass::jawdrop:

Yeah I agree with Kirkendall....Steelers fans in Kentucky?!?!

Henry will learn from this..thank god he has a coach he will teach him discipline. Thats why Marvin can never leave this team.

Seen that ESPN commercial with a cop on patrol in Green Bay where someone stops at a green light turning right and the cop says, "must be a Bears fan"... :lol:

My biggest problem with this whole thing is that he'll be labeled as a bad guy or troubled youth for this which is just dumb.

Maybe so, but that's life. If you don't want the label, then don't do the things that cause it. Whether or not it's dumb that he will obtain these labels is really a whole other issue.

Henry will learn from this..thank god he has a coach he will teach him discipline. Thats why Marvin can never leave this team.

I like your optimism, but I wouldn't count on it.

At WVU he was a pure knucklehead and may not have been welcomed back for his senior season (except you know he would have been). For that matter look at what the mountaineers have done this year without him :huh:

Don't get me wrong, the kid has a TON OF TALENT and has been a great Bengal. At least it wasn't an eight ball and some hookers. ;)

At WVU he was a pure knucklehead and may not have been welcomed back for his senior season (except you know he would have been). For that matter look at what the mountaineers have done this year without him :huh:

Don't get me wrong, the kid has a TON OF TALENT and has been a great Bengal. At least it wasn't an eight ball and some hookers. ;)

Awww come on, I would feel better if there were hookers! Hookers make everything alright! Oh, wait or is that strippers. Damn, I get confused sometimes! :cheers:

He is a kid and I'm sure he will learn from this. He should have been more responsible with this, such as don't drive and smoke, especially since he is a professional athlete and he is well known. Does this compare to the Stanley Wilson situation? No, not at all, since he wasn't binging on crack, coke, heroin, or even meth. All I have to say to the guy is "Dude, if you're going to do it, do it in the privacy of your home or something and don't drive around with it." "Especially in Kentucky where the laws are more strict than Ohio. " Until the laws change,you're going to have to be low key with it." And as far as suspensions, if its going to happen this year, do it right away, so we can have him in the second round(if we don't get a bye)or the championship. And Chris, if you happen to be going to a convienent store soon, Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Haagen-Dasz ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons...(one of my fav quotes from Half Baked)

ArmyBengal Posted 9 minutes ago

WHODEY !!!

Yes! Let the Chris Henry hate mail begin!

Geessh :angry:

Funny the KID makes a mistake and is being slammed. Grow up he made a mistake and I am sure he will learn from it...lets move on :bengal:

#1. I don't hate Henry, as a matter of fact, I was thinking with Edwards going down in Cleveland, his chances at ROY went through the roof !!!

#2. I stated, "Henry F**KED UP !!!"... Was I wrong or are you happy with the fact he got arrested and will no longer be a productive player (at least for the forseeable future) for the Bengals ??

#3. He had issues prior to coming to the Bengals and was given the opportunity of a lifetime that some people might kill for and he repays the organization and the team by doing what ?? Getting arrested for pot, expired tags, and speeding.

#4. Marvin now has to play father figure to this youngster and hope things work out. To think Henry will be that huge of a loss to the team that Marvin can't afford to get him back to where he needs to be by making him sit the remainder of the year is crazy... Yes, I think he needs to be taught a lesson and the reason why, is for him to GROW UP and being not only a productive player on the team, but a productive person in society. Sounds like a lot to place upon the shoulders of a head coach !!!

I think Henry will come out of this just fine, but sincerely hope Marvin addresses this VERY agressively and makes his point. Letting this go unchecked and thinking it's no big deal is the same mentality that will take this organization back into the sewer. You can't have players randomly doing what they want with no repercussions for their actions. How about accountability for your own actions and self discipline ?? And you say Geesh to me ?? It sounds like you need to take your own advice about growing up !!!

WHODEY !!!

Awww come on, I would feel better if there were hookers! Hookers make everything alright! Oh, wait or is that strippers. Damn, I get confused sometimes! :cheers:

I like the way you think. A hooker in the car should cancel out any two infractions committed by the Driver. I stripper should negate one broken law. If you have a stripper and a hooker, the cop should have to pay for the hooker. :cheers:

I have to ask, how is smoking pot a "character issue"?

I'm not the one who made the statement, but technically, all broken laws are character issues. Speeding in an area where there are no cops is merely a reflection that you don't care about the law as much as the consequences. A woman that will have sex for $50 dollars doesn't have less character than the woman who won't do it for less that $50 million. The only difference is the price... they are both prostitutes.

Granted... there are varying degrees of laws that are a reflection of character. He didn't murder anyone... so it isn't fair to make broad generalizations about him as a criminal (we all speed, so we're all criminals)... and yet, he clearly has disregarded the law to the point that certain judgments about his character can be made. Not the least of which... that he is selfish... He willing to do whatever he wants, even if it might negatively effect the team later on. That is a character issue.

Now, I'm not going to pass judgment on the guy as a person. I don't know him... and he certainly can learn from his mistakes... and I think most football fans have double standards about the players. We want them to be 20 year old inner-city kid millionaires that think, act, and share all the same values as white middle-class America. Not going to happen... but I can make the judgment from afar that he has revealed to the world that he is still very immature and selfish... making for a bad teammate. Let's hope he changes.

What a bummer....

The incident with henry illustrates a real low level of maturity and questionable intelligence.

Pre-draft, his maturity was called into question. I hesitate to call it a charachter issue because when you are that young, you really are in the "charachter-development" mode. Repeated incidents and poor decisions build a low-character person. I have no issue if a guy has multiple kids as long as he takes care of them.

The intelligence part is what concerns me most. People can grow up and move past the follies of youth but we all know lots and lots of really stupid mature people.

I am a bit surprised with what we know of henry's family moving all up here, his moderate rookie success and a higher level of expectation from ML and staff that this came up, a disappointment to say the least. People do all kinds of things once success rears its head.

I expect him to get benched a minimum of a game, unitl the legal process is worked. Clemons got popped and came back. Curious that he caught no passes and then this happens...reaction to a poor week or maybe been toking hard for a couple of weeks finally shoing on the field?

I'm also a bit surprised the team isn't more involved in helping the guys, especially rookie, with things like drivers license and tags, real basic "good citizen" stuff. Where does an agents role come into play for this stuff. Sad.

In the end, I think he'll get a fine, enter the league program, and get hit with 4 games in 06. He will also miss at least 1 game now, prolly this week vs D-town.