Reggie Bush...

MARK MY WORDS

Reggie Bush will be a bust.

I know a lot of you disagree with me becuase Bush has had an amazing college career, and I agree there, but when you look at it, his level of competition stinks. And to add on to that, he won the Heisman. That is a HUGE jinx in the NFL. Most running backs who win the Heisman in college end up to be the biggest bust ever(Ron Danye, Salaam, Eddie George..) there has been some good ones though. I just don't buy into the hype with this kid. There is something there that leaves me hanging....Maybe I will feel different after the BCS title game but I don't know. I feel this kid is going to be a major dissapointment in the NFL.

I just have that FEELING.

Each of the players you mentioned had very visible reasons for their struggles in the NFL. Ron Dayne could not play well without an offensive line with a perfect blocking scheme like he had at Wisconsin and currently has in Denver. Eddie George wasn't a bust, he had a solid career. Perhaps it wasn't Heisman caliber, and he was always a bit slow.

Players that seem to be unstoppable in college because of unrivaled pure athletic ability in recent years have tended to struggle or bust completely in the NFL (a la Michael Vick and Eric Crouch respectively). Reggie Buch does seem to fit into this mold, and for that reason, I could see reason to be concerned for his potential success or failure in the NFL.

Still, the players mentioned above all have big weaknesses and obvious strengths. Eddie George was slow but had power. Ron Dayne was slow, but could follow blocks with the best of them.

Reggie Bush doesn't seem to have any such weakness. He has the shifty feet that reminds a lot of people of Gayle Sayers, but he can also run with power. He is a perfect physical specimen for the running back position. A lot of players with his athletic talent have been short or slender. Bush is not.

I think he could very well take this league by storm, as soon as 2006.

Each of the players you mentioned had very visible reasons for their struggles in the NFL. Ron Dayne could not play well without an offensive line with a perfect blocking scheme like he had at Wisconsin and currently has in Denver. Eddie George wasn't a bust, he had a solid career. Perhaps it wasn't Heisman caliber, and he was always a bit slow.

Players that seem to be unstoppable in college because of unrivaled pure athletic ability in recent years have tended to struggle or bust completely in the NFL (a la Michael Vick and Eric Crouch respectively). Reggie Buch does seem to fit into this mold, and for that reason, I could see reason to be concerned for his potential success or failure in the NFL.

Still, the players mentioned above all have big weaknesses and obvious strengths. Eddie George was slow but had power. Ron Dayne was slow, but could follow blocks with the best of them.

Reggie Bush doesn't seem to have any such weakness. He has the shifty feet that reminds a lot of people of Gayle Sayers, but he can also run with power. He is a perfect physical specimen for the running back position. A lot of players with his athletic talent have been short or slender. Bush is not.

I think he could very well take this league by storm, as soon as 2006.

I agree with TDB here.. Bush will be great in the NFL.

Also.. Eddie George played a solid career, he took quite a beating for the Texans over about 10 years, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I don't think he'll bust just for the simple fact of how easy it seems to be for runningbacks to be successful in the NFL. I don't think he'll be what everybody makes him out to be too though. I think he'll be in the second tier of great runningbacks in the NFL. I don't think he'll be in the same class as Shawn Alexander, Tiki Barber, and Ladanian Tomlinson, but he will be in the same class as Warrick Dunn, Brian Westbrook, Domanick Davis, Clinton Portis, and Rudi Johnson. If I were the Texans I'd much rather have Ferguson. I think Ferguson is a better prospect than Robert Gallery was.