PBS Blues

Jet23

I will start by saying that I am absolutely ecstatic over the win. After some huge wins, they were due for a letdown, but the boys pulled it out. Even though it was ugly, I am as proud of this win as any other. But, is anyone else mildly concerned that they play their best ball on the road? Especially since we are looking at some home playoff games. Who would have ever guessed that they would be undefeated on the road in the division. Our one road loss all year was at Jacksonville, which we should have won.

I'm not just talking about the home losses. We let some pretty crappy teams (Houston, GB, Cleveland) hang around at PBS. Should ML keep them in a hotel on Saturday? Is it complacency? Any ideas?

THis may not have anything to do with the loss, but for some reason it seemed to me that we don't know when to shut up when Carson & co are on the field.

I was in the absolute highest seat in the stadium, and I could tell people were screaming while our O is on the field. Now granted, this is what they deal with at visiting stadiums, but maybe they're not used to it at home? I dunno. I know what you're saying though.

I don't know that it has anything to do with PBS. Home or away, easy victories are generally hard to come by in the NFL. Look around the league this morning. Giants need OT to scrape by the Eagles, DC just got past Arizona, Denver would have lost to Baltimore had Balti kicked that FG, Miami upset SD big-time, and even the punchless Jets found some mojo and topped Oakland.

I think the point is, that this is a pattern of behavior with this team - not a one weekend fluke like some of the others games this week.

The weather had something to do with this I can say that much - affected games everywhere, ecspecially in the midwest and north and southeast areas. I mean it's still cold as the north pole here in Cincy today - unusual for early December where it can still be in the 60's some years.

Unfortunately you can't afford to have an "off day" in the playoffs, ecspecially at home - they won't be facing the GB's and Texans and Ravens of the world where there's so much room for error. Guess we'll see.

As far as the two home losses, that's on me. I have been to two home games, guess which two? That's right, Indy and Pittsburgh.

I am not really worried, because come playoff time PBS will be rocking and the Bengals will be totally focused, just like the Indy game. Had they played any other team that day, they would have won by 20.

One thing I do like is this team is not phased by being down early. Their offense is so confident right now. I also think the defense is getting better with each passing week.

I will start by saying that I am absolutely ecstatic over the win. After some huge wins, they were due for a letdown, but the boys pulled it out. Even though it was ugly, I am as proud of this win as any other. But, is anyone else mildly concerned that they play their best ball on the road? Especially since we are looking at some home playoff games. Who would have ever guessed that they would be undefeated on the road in the division. Our one road loss all year was at Jacksonville, which we should have won.

I'm not just talking about the home losses. We let some pretty crappy teams (Houston, GB, Cleveland) hang around at PBS. Should ML keep them in a hotel on Saturday? Is it complacency? Any ideas?

Not that they had any reason to be flat yesterday, but they did just play the game of the decade last week and finished a tough stretch of games since the bye week. Part of that is maturity which will come with time. They have always been the hunter rather than the hunted. It is something that many of these guys have never experienced as a pro.

No excuses I know but they did enough to win. We could be in SD's shoes or even Pittsburgh's.

10 - 3 looks pretty good right now.

Not that they had any reason to be flat yesterday, but they did just play the game of the decade last week and finished a tough stretch of games since the bye week. Part of that is maturity which will come with time. They have always been the hunter rather than the hunted. It is something that many of these guys have never experienced as a pro.

No excuses I know but they did enough to win. We could be in SD's shoes or even Pittsburgh's.

10 - 3 looks pretty good right now.

Let's face it, the Browns had a good game plan turn into a great game plan thanks to 30 MPH winds. Carson refuses to use that as an excuse, but did you see the pass to Chad on the sidelines on 3rd down. Carson gunned it, but the ball appeared to flutter. He also had CJ on that bomb, but the wind took it. A win, is a win, is a win. I will take it!

I think the point is, that this is a pattern of behavior with this team - not a one weekend fluke like some of the others games this week.

I just don't see the pattern.

This past week they squeaked out a 3 point victory over Cleveland; in Cleveland at the start of the season they won 27-14, but remember that game included two Browns TDs called back on penalties. Had those stood, it would have been another nail-biter.

They beat Batimore by 12 away and 13 at home.

They've had some big home wins and home squeakers, ditto on the road.

I'll be nervou if the Bengals don't put 42 on the Lions this weekend. I would like to see them straighten out their killer mentality.

Dunno. Detroit's D has actually been pretty stingy; their points allowed is virtually identical to the Bengals'. Granted, they haven't exactly been playing in a diviision full of offensive powerhouses this year, but still... And then there's Garcia, who ate the Bengals' secondary up in the first Cleveland game last year. Hopefully the team learned something from this week because I don't think the Lions will be pushovers.