The AFC North

Stripes

What I saw from the Browns today signified to me that Romeo Crennel will be a very good coach for them, and they will move back into contention very soon. I could see them winning nine or more games next year if their offseason goes well.

The Steelers are on the decline, and I think that will continue into next year. They are old, and have little young talent to work with at the moment. Ben Roethlisberger is a good quarterback, and his presence will keep them in games, but without a better team around him, they could certainly lose many more games in the near future.

The Ravens have already hit rock bottom, and should be the bottom feeders in this division for at least a few seasons. They have very little young talent on either side of the ball. Their defense will probably still be a force to be reckoned with, but that won't matter.

With the Browns ressurrection imminent, and the Bengals looking like they will dominate this division for a while, we'll be back to the old days with Esiason and Kosar. The orange teams from opposite ends of our fine state will duke it out for the division title, and a once great rivalry will reach its old fervor.

Charlie Frye versus Carson Palmer twice a year for about probably the next ten years? That sounds pretty good to me.. :)

We were hearing that all the time last year regarding Big Ben and Palmer. Now Frye has joined the party, and we'll see if the Ravens can land someone (assuming Boller doesn't get ANOTHER chance) to fill this division with young guns.

The Ravens have already hit rock bottom, and should be the bottom feeders

schoolboy snigger :jump:

The Steelers are on the decline, and I think that will continue into next year. They are old, and have little young talent to work with at the moment. Ben Roethlisberger is a good quarterback, and his presence will keep them in games, but without a better team around him, they could certainly lose many more games in the near future.

You people crack me up! :lmao:

That's some fantasyland you people live in.

I can't believe that you people are so scared of the Steelers that you have to make up stuff to convince yourselves that the Steelers aren't really that good. :o

Can you tell me one time in the last 14 years that the Steelers had to rebuild? Bill Cowher is the best at getting rid of the old and bringing in great talent.

How old is Willie Parker, Heath Miller, Ike Taylor, Ben Roethlisberger, Casey Hampton, Troy Polamalu, Hines Ward, Bryant McFadden, Clark Haggans, Allan Faneca, Riccardo Colclough, Chris Kemoeato, Joey Portor, Aaron Smith, Max Starks, Cedric Wilson, Antwaan Rendal El, Trai Essex, James Harrison, Brett Keisel, Chris Hope, Chris Hoke, Dan Kreider, Kenndal Simmons, Marvel Smith, Jermane Tuman, Chucky Okobi, and Larry Foote? They are all 28 and under and they either all start of have started and played well. Trai Essex is the only questionable one but he had a really good game against Chicago.

The Steelers are well balanced. They have a wealth of experienced guys to teach the young guys. If you knew anything about playoff football you would know that it's the experienced guys that you rely on for the playoffs because they have been there and aren't like deer caught in the headlights.

The Steelers will need to pick up a RB, 2 LB's and one offensive lineman during the off season. That is not rebuilding. :wacko:

Charlie Frye versus Carson Palmer twice a year for about probably the next ten years? That sounds pretty good to me.. :)

We were hearing that all the time last year regarding Big Ben and Palmer. Now Frye has joined the party, and we'll see if the Ravens can land someone (assuming Boller doesn't get ANOTHER chance) to fill this division with young guns.

The AFCN would be one scary division if that happens! :cheers:

I hear you Blurple.

Whilst the Bengals are a very good team and have built themselves up brilliantly over the last few seasons with Marv Lewis it's still unproven whether they'll be dominant over the AFCN consistantly over a few seasons. Expect the Steelers and Bengals to be competing for a while for the top spot. I do agree though that Cleveland could be scary with Crennel's leadership over the next few years. I liked Frye in college and he could end up being the right fit in Cleveland. Our division could become the strongest for QB's is Baltimore realise Boller isn't the guy (luckily Billick doesn't realise that yet).

I hear you Blurple.

Whilst the Bengals are a very good team and have built themselves up brilliantly over the last few seasons with Marv Lewis it's still unproven whether they'll be dominant over the AFCN consistantly over a few seasons. Expect the Steelers and Bengals to be competing for a while for the top spot. I do agree though that Cleveland could be scary with Crennel's leadership over the next few years. I liked Frye in college and he could end up being the right fit in Cleveland. Our division could become the strongest for QB's is Baltimore realise Boller isn't the guy (luckily Billick doesn't realise that yet).

It sure is going to be an exciting division!

I hope Billick never picks up the pieces. The Ravens are the only team that I would love to watch keep struggling. I can't stand Billick.

They are all 28 and under
Actually Hines Ward, Allan Faneca, Aaron Smith, Chris Hoke and Jermane Tuman will all be hitting 30 years old in '06.

Jeff Hartings the starting center will be 34 and Kimo von Oelhoffen a starter at DE will be 35, you may need to add a defensive lineman to you list of needs ?

Then there are the guys who will be FAs on you and the fact that you look to be slightly over the cap going into this off-season.

The Steelers may not have to re-build but they are going to have to do some tricky re-tooling in this off-season and in the next few years after that.

They are all 28 and under
Actually Hines Ward, Allan Faneca, Aaron Smith, Chris Hoke and Jermane Tuman will all be hitting 30 years old in '06.

Jeff Hartings the starting center will be 34 and Kimo von Oelhoffen a starter at DE will be 35, you may need to add a defensive lineman to you list of needs ?

Then there are the guys who will be FAs on you and the fact that you look to be slightly over the cap going into this off-season.

The Steelers may not have to re-build but they are going to have to do some tricky re-tooling in this off-season and in the next few years after that.

Chucky Okobi has filled in fine for Hartings and has some good expierence, drafting another center wouldn't be a bad idea. Brett Kiesel is looking like he will be an upgrade to Kimo at this point.

There's nothing tricky about it. When a player looks like he will be hitting his decline soon the Steelers draft a guy to season and eventualy take over. It doesn't work all the time but it does work for the most part. As a result, the cap stays in bounds and you never have to rebuild and you usually have a team good enough to contend in the post season.

Charlie Frye ,God I hope so we will own you :sure:

The Ravens have already hit rock bottom, and should be the bottom feeders

schoolboy snigger :jump:

Yeah they suck and almost beat Steelers twice this year :lmao:

I know it was talked about before season started ;) afcn being hardest division when tu rned out to be alot softer :P but next year though gonna be a tough one ^_^

I know what you mean Kazkal, by the way man, I haven't talked to you in awhile. But yeah.. I expected this season to be an absolute brawl between Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cincinatti, with the Browns staying comepetitive but losing most games. I can't believe I picked Baltimore to take it this year, but they looked ready to do so, but I had to eat the crow on this one (Thank god they didn't though).

A well respected sporting news magazine predicted the AFC South would emerge with three playoff teams this year... The Colts, Jaguars, and Texans. :lol:

As for the Steelers, I am honestly not trying to search for excuses to make the claim that they are on a decline. That is just how I see it. I don't like the Steelers, true enough, but I certainly don't like the Browns either, so why would I give one team the thumbs down and the other all sorts of props, unless that is how I really think it will go? Blech!

A well respected sporting news magazine predicted the AFC South would emerge with three playoff teams this year... The Colts, Jaguars, and Texans. :lol:

As for the Steelers, I am honestly not trying to search for excuses to make the claim that they are on a decline. That is just how I see it. I don't like the Steelers, true enough, but I certainly don't like the Browns either, so why would I give one team the thumbs down and the other all sorts of props, unless that is how I really think it will go? Blech!

The Texans! :lmao: Oh my! I would cancle that subscription if I had one. :o:lmao:

The Steelers have never really had to rebuild under Cowher and I can't remember a time when they had so much young talent so I can't see it happening anytime soon. Cohwer did have a few bad years in a row but I think that had to do with a few bad apples on the team caused by our former GM signing people he shouldn't have.

Cowher and the front office do things well. The Steelers might have a few down years but they will never be to old or in serious cap trouble as long as they keep doing the things that they are doing.

B)

The Texans! :lmao: Oh my! I would cancle that subscription if I had one. :o:lmao:

The Steelers have never really had to rebuild under Cowher and I can't remember a time when they had so much young talent so I can't see it happening anytime soon. Cohwer did have a few bad years in a row but I think that had to do with a few bad apples on the team caused by our former GM signing people he shouldn't have.

Cowher and the front office do things well. The Steelers might have a few down years but they will never be to old or in serious cap trouble as long as they keep doing the things that they are doing.

B)

So what are you all going to do to address the need at RB. Is fast willie the answer? I would say the bus has to be closed to out of gas, and Duce should be done. Just wondering.

B)

So what are you all going to do to address the need at RB. Is fast willie the answer? I would say the bus has to be closed to out of gas, and Duce should be done. Just wondering.

It is time to draft another RB because Willie isn't a power back. Or Maybe they will pick up the other Duce during the off season. Two Duces, yeah I can handle that. :lol:

Damn, that's one sexy sig OX! :lmao: