Reggie Bush Wins Heismann

HoosierCat

I don't think anybody in the history of college football could have beaten Reggie Bush this year for the Heisman.

I think it would be a mistake for the Texans to draft Bush over Ferguson. The best scenario would probably be to trade down, and with Bush in the draft, somebody will probably be willing to trade up. As long as the Texans ignore their o-line woes, they will continue to be horrible. If they don't do something quick to start protecting Carr he will just become a wasted number one overall pick. An offensive tackle is also a much safer bet than a runningback, too.

From a cost perspective too...provided that D'Brickashaw is an elite LT, which I have some doubts about because of his upper body strength. Certainly he's tremendously athletic and agile at that position and should fare well immediately vs. speed rushers. His strength can be improved as he goes.

But OTOH I think they'd hang whoever's gonna be left to hang in Houston if they Bush enters early and they don't take him.

I agree that the texans need an o-line, not another RB (Davis isn't bad, anyhow). But for once there ought to be some serious trade value in the No. 1 pick; the lust for Bush is palpable --- and there should be teams near the top of the draft (like the Jets, for example) who could swap picks with relatively little additional compensation, allowing the Texans to trade down again if they wanted.

Anybody else think they're throwing the games? I mean, did you guys see that alleged "kick"???

• 3 weeks later...